AIM Games
Welcome to the AIM Forums, the first Forum to ever be dedicated to Need For Madness!

To post a message/topic on the forums, you must REGISTER.

To REGISTER, click on the Button at the bottom of this message, or else at the top of the page. Without a user on these forums, you can only view some forums available to the public.

Have Fun and Feel free to ask/post anything here NFM related, or else just to chat. We have a chat-room at the bottom of this page, for only registered users to chat on though.

The Official AIM Games Forums

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:
If the entity known as "kyoto" disturbs you in the slightest, forward all your concerns to the admin. Drama is not welcome on the forum, and neither are echoes.

Share | 

Multiplayer Ranks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Ten Graves
Computer Freak
Computer Freak

Number of posts : 1185

PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer Ranks   Wed 04 Jan 2012, 8:30 pm

Speaking of Nimi, I want to take on my ultimate challenge for him. That is to win all 28 (27?) stages of both NFM 1 and 2 in a row with no damage...

So far I've reached Stage 9 of NFM 1, so I'm sorta getting there...
Back to top Go down
InhumanPwnage
Nu Radical
Nu Radical

Number of posts : 2874

PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer Ranks   Wed 04 Jan 2012, 8:35 pm

@Ten Graves wrote:
Speaking of Nimi, I want to take on my ultimate challenge for him. That is to win all 28 (27?) stages of both NFM 1 and 2 in a row with no damage...

So far I've reached Stage 9 of NFM 1, so I'm sorta getting there...

27 cheers

As expected.. this topic can't really be kept in place, it's rather subjective and bound to change. The best option would be Time Trials, but if I were you, I'd never trust people recording themselves for "time trials".
Back to top Go down
http://www.dreamhunt.net

PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer Ranks   Fri 06 Jan 2012, 1:32 am

I suspect people will speed it up by .1%. It'll save them a few seconds while not visually showing it.

Yes...When Multiplayer comes out of Beta, and when the seriousness of it all that a few of us have recognized goes widespread we will most likely have a static ranking system.

Static meaning it won't be changing every day. There will be pros throughout the ranks, who will actually put up a challenge.

So for now we'll keep it low-key.
Back to top Go down
InhumanPwnage
Nu Radical
Nu Radical

PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer Ranks   Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:10 pm

@SinfulBliss wrote:
When Multiplayer comes out of Beta, and when the seriousness of it all that a few of us have recognized goes widespread we will most likely have a static ranking system.

Static meaning it won't be changing every day. There will be pros throughout the ranks, who will actually put up a challenge.

Doubt that will ever happen, at least for now. When the Car + Stage Editor will be out, there will be probably the biggest hype in NFM ever. Multiplayer was one thing, because it has been promised since NFM1, but assurance from the game creator that the ability to have our own cars or stages, would make the game earn a name for itself.

I think more people will be playing on custom tracks.. and use other people's cars, butthat doesn't mean people who literally don't hack like bloodycoco or Kitty, will start to hack altogether.

My guess is though, most people will disallow custom cars if the changing of stats is possible, but i think on the other hand, it may create and seperate new "builds" or "tiers" for car makers.

For example: a person makes a car for Mighty Eight, maybe if I convinced Omar enough (I have given A LOT of ideas for the car editor, and I think he took most of them including this one into consideration), you may nerf it's strength a little and put that into acceleration, making the car faster, but weaker in return. How does it work? Complicated ratios between the 2 stats to be changed will calculate just how much can be added. So say, removing 20 pixels of length of strength on Mighty Eight, won't mean adding 20 pixels of acceleration to Mighty Eight's statbar (and obviously the number to make it so that it is 20 pixels longer). The stats would be converted to a number or percentage of the maximum (for each one), say if 3F is the number that makes the strength statbar maxed, and Mighty Eight's is 1.2F, the number would be 40 out of 100, his acceleration too would be converted.. (not going to try convert 3 float numbers, it's something in computing that you don't learn ever below the age of 19).

But hey!! Adding 20% of a large number to itself is already a lot.. that's why the number that was removed from strength, would remove 20% of it, and add it to the value to increase.

Complicated, but it's getting around having overkill cars. This method, will give rise to MORE SUITABLE cars for stages, like an even faster M8 for Dances With Monsters will give original drivers like bloodycoco a run for their money on stages like Dances With Monsters.

Just saying that the system might be imbalanced, very imbalanced.. but hey, this way, we can personalize our own cars, and hopefully achieve the best out of us!

~IP
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer Ranks   Sun 08 Jan 2012, 5:54 am

I assume people want to see my reaction to this information, since on the surface it seems like it'll replace most of what I've done.

However, I've kept track of every pro in NFMM. The amount of pro players who don't hack NFM at all to the amount of pro players who do hack it is a solid 2:1 ratio, no rounding needed.

I too think this is game-changing, but not to the extent that it will replace all of the cars and stages currently made. In fact, I don't believe it will knock any car out of NFM (besides the ones which are used as a joke such as Nimi).

Any physical adjustment to any cars will more then likely work against the creator of the car as opposed to useful. However, you were correct in determining that the ability to adjust stats will have the power to in fact knock out even all of the cars currently made.

Even then it won't, though. If anyone reaches the level of being able to make perfect adjustments to a car to create a customized "perfect racer" or "perfect waster", I'll simply copy and paste Radical One's code onto the customizer and make a reasonable counter to them. Not only this, but I will have the advantage since their car is self-made, thus more open to even the smallest, unnoticed glitches or defects.

In the extremely rare case that every pro and regular player in NFMM suddenly starts using their own cars and actually openly discourage players who use the normal cars, I'll simply ignore them and continue my ways. They'll either shut up because I've beaten them or at best convert to the normal cars again.

In no way do I discourage making a custom car, but I'd like to make it clear that regular cars will not be replaced. You implied this, so I thought I'd just address it now.

~SinfulBliss
Back to top Go down
InhumanPwnage
Nu Radical
Nu Radical

PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer Ranks   Sun 08 Jan 2012, 5:26 pm

No no no, and no.

That's not what I said.

I said that with the help of the car editor, certain people may be able to make their car the way they've always wanted it. Whether they are butthurt about people taking advantage of the system or not, is their problem, the editor will always be there for them to take advantage of.

Sure it may "work against the creator", that's why there's the "Test Drive" option. Knowing me, I'll probably nerf it's strength since I don't waste, and put it into handling (still don't know if it will affect grip, turn or handb to be honest... or if it will be there to begin with!).

Trial and error is a must. If all doesn't go well, then resetting the stats to default would always be an option. It would be my identity (since I'm known more as an Editor) to have a custom car as my main, possibly 1 version with default R1 stats, an other with experimental stats I would be trying to achieve on the car, to make it different to R1 and to make it the most appealing to how I race.

I know they'll never be replaced, they are Omar's hard work, and his cars after all. xD

~IP
Back to top Go down
NateZDR2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent

Number of posts : 1978

PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer Ranks   Sun 08 Jan 2012, 6:16 pm

Well... i just think you should make the car more suited to you to pwn.
(Is that what IP said? confused)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer Ranks   Sun 08 Jan 2012, 7:52 pm

I know you never said that, IP. I was just bringing it up now because it was implied.

I can't wait for them either, though. Now that that's sorted...Let's get a little closer to topic.
Back to top Go down
Radical24
Ownage Elite
Ownage Elite

Number of posts : 4143

PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer Ranks   Sun 08 Jan 2012, 9:29 pm

is this thing still on couse i asked to challange a car and stage and nobody answer me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer Ranks   Sun 08 Jan 2012, 9:32 pm

Multiplayer name: StealthMW

Track: The Garden Of The King (NFM 2)
Back to top Go down
Phyrexian
True Gamer
True Gamer

Number of posts : 3509

PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer Ranks   Tue 10 Jan 2012, 7:18 pm

This looks interesting... i would love a battle for the EL KING rank with MoGa_Dex... though he sounds like a skillful player I am not a newbie either Very Happy my nickname is Phyrexian and it would be pleasent to me if the challenge would take place on 16:00 - 20:00 on friday (CENTRAL EUROPE TIME) (+1 GMT). I hope you accept it Smile also, could you please send me a reply? Thank you Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhyrexianNFM
Radical24
Ownage Elite
Ownage Elite

PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer Ranks   Wed 25 Jan 2012, 8:11 pm

this topic and ranks system are dead! :l
Back to top Go down
Phyrexian
True Gamer
True Gamer

PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer Ranks   Wed 25 Jan 2012, 8:23 pm

Yes I realized after 2 weeks of no replies EXPLODE
Back to top Go down
NateZDR2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent

Number of posts : 1978

PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer Ranks   Fri 27 Jan 2012, 10:53 pm

It is dead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer Ranks   Fri 27 Jan 2012, 10:57 pm

The system is not dead, the players seem to have died.

The system's activity depends on the player's activity. No players have challenged for a rank for a while, so the topic is currently pretty inactive.

Dead is not the word. Dead means obsolete or done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer Ranks   Sat 28 Jan 2012, 10:44 am

Okay..then I challenge CerealKiller for his F7 rank...
Back to top Go down
WolfInABox
Ascended
Ascended

Number of posts : 6907

PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer Ranks   Sat 28 Jan 2012, 10:55 am

Where's koner1? I WANT MY M8 RANK BACK
Back to top Go down
Ten Graves
Computer Freak
Computer Freak

Number of posts : 1185

PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer Ranks   Sat 28 Jan 2012, 2:02 pm

Quite a shame really; GoodGame holds the R1 rank but he disappeared, so he's pretty much got it for a while now.

Haven't seen koner1 for a while tbh...
Back to top Go down
Phyrexian
True Gamer
True Gamer

PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer Ranks   Thu 16 Feb 2012, 8:56 pm

guys, I think you should just throw some people out because of inactivity... GoodGame, MoGa_DeX and maybe some others...

Edit: now that MDX is back, I will challenge him to EL KING battle Smile
Back to top Go down
Viper
Owned Gamer
Owned Gamer

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer Ranks   Tue 28 Feb 2012, 7:31 pm

i like to have the rank for LVC, and stagre 15.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer Ranks   Tue 28 Feb 2012, 8:22 pm

Wow Caninaro, DR Monstaa, Contrary to Popular Belief, Let the Dream Begin, and Ghosts and Magic I would like to be ranked for. They are my pro cars and stages. I have beaten many people in Wow Caninaro on Let the Dream Begin with F7s, M8s, and R1s. Smile
Back to top Go down
Afterburn
Limited Divinity
Limited Divinity

Number of posts : 2360

PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer Ranks   Tue 28 Feb 2012, 8:55 pm

The only car rank i'd have is Lead Oxide sense it's my best car and due to me beating lots of people with it.
Back to top Go down
Phyrexian
True Gamer
True Gamer

PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer Ranks   Wed 29 Feb 2012, 4:32 pm

I won against MDX 2-1 in EL KING battle, but Box lost the recording D: all I can give you is this

http://prntscr.com/6l3dm
http://prntscr.com/6l3jc
http://prntscr.com/6l3ke
http://prntscr.com/6l3ne

can I still be given the rank?
Back to top Go down
Radical24
Ownage Elite
Ownage Elite

PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer Ranks   Wed 29 Feb 2012, 5:08 pm

ok who is thecityjizz i don't know but i want to challange for tornado shark !!
Back to top Go down
MDX
Morph Manipulator
Morph Manipulator

Number of posts : 5218

PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer Ranks   Wed 29 Feb 2012, 5:42 pm

@Radical24 wrote:
ok who is thecityjizz i don't know but i want to challange for tornado shark !!

I will now proceed by laughing at this post.

^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer Ranks   Today at 12:47 pm

Back to top Go down

Multiplayer Ranks

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AIM Games :: Need For Madness :: NFM Discussion :: Activities! :: Rankings-