AIM Games
Welcome to the AIM Forums, the first Forum to ever be dedicated to Need For Madness!

To post a message/topic on the forums, you must REGISTER.

To REGISTER, click on the Button at the bottom of this message, or else at the top of the page. Without a user on these forums, you can only view some forums available to the public.

Have Fun and Feel free to ask/post anything here NFM related, or else just to chat. We have a chat-room at the bottom of this page, for only registered users to chat on though.
AIM Games
Welcome to the AIM Forums, the first Forum to ever be dedicated to Need For Madness!

To post a message/topic on the forums, you must REGISTER.

To REGISTER, click on the Button at the bottom of this message, or else at the top of the page. Without a user on these forums, you can only view some forums available to the public.

Have Fun and Feel free to ask/post anything here NFM related, or else just to chat. We have a chat-room at the bottom of this page, for only registered users to chat on though.
AIM Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official AIM Games Forums

HomeRegisterLog in
Announcements:
HTML has been disabled. I have been kind enough to allow customising of posts, but I guess it's either freedom or no freedom at all.
I am lazy to do Forum Awards this year.

Share | 

The Tournament

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
iexrrr
Noob Owner
Noob Owner
iexrrr
Number of posts : 594

The Tournament Empty
PostSubject: The Tournament   The Tournament Icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 6:59 pm

A while back I had the idea of making a tournament in NFMM. Now I decided to post it. Join if you want to know who's the best!

Rules of this tournament

This tournament will have 16 or less players. To participate, post below!

This tournament consist of 16 1 on 1 matches in total, on 4 rounds (first round, quarter finals, semi finals and the final). On the first round everyone plays 1 on 1 against their opponent. The winners of the matches go to the next round, until there are only 2 players left, who are the finalists.

Matches are best 2/3, meaning that if you win 2 games you win the match and go to the next round.

One disconnect per player allowed per match, unless he does it on purpose (quits).

The first person who joins the tournament may choose his first round opponent. After that the second person who joined can choose, unless the first person chose him. After that the third player can choose, and so on.

Clan leaders are not allowed to tell their members to lose.

There will be more rules about choosing the stage and car later.

Current players

1. Dεsτrογεr (DemonRacer)
2. WolfInABox (Wolf@MW)
3. LegnaK (LegnaK)
4. chaosgrave10 (10thgrave)
5. Lunch Money (LunchMoney) [OPEN SPOT!]
6. MoGa_DeX aka Snyde (MDX)
7. Azri965 (A9)
8. CerealKiller (Demise)
9. iexrrr (Aerial)
10. ACVoong (ACVoong)
11. Hyde233 (Hyde233)
12. koner1 (koner1)
13. system of a down (StealthMW)
14. GamerElite (Turbo)
15. Spεεd (Drift800)
16. xaviers (XSL8)

I put myself as number 9. I didn't want to give myself an advantage by putting myself first.

Match list:

Round 1

Match 1
Dεsτrογεr
WolfInABox
Result: 2-0, WolfInABox wins

Match 2
LegnaK
CerealKiller
Result:

Match 3
chaosgrave10
koner1
Result:

Match 4
Lunch Money
Hyde233
Result:

Match 5
MoGa_DeX aka Snyde
system of a down
Result:

Match 6
Azri965
GamerElite
Result: 2-1, GamerElite wins

Match 7
iexrrr
Spεεd
Result: 2-0, iexrrr wins

Match 8
ACVoong
xaviers
Result: 2-0, ACVoong wins

Round 2

Match 9
WolfInABox
Winner of match 2
Result:

Match 10
Winner of match 3
Winner of match 4
Result:

Match 11
Winner of match 5
GamerElite
Result:

Match 12
iexrrr
ACVoong
Result:

Semi finals

Match 13
Winner of match 9
Winner of match 10
Result:

Match 14
Winner of match 11
Winner of match 12
Result:

Bronze match
Loser of match 13
Loser of match 14
Result:

The final
Winner of match 13
Winner of match 14
Result:

A prize will be added. Any ideas about that?

If you don't understand I'll try to tell this in a simpler way. You can also ask me anything about this. Suggestions are welcome too!

Last edited by iexrrr on Sat 12 Nov 2011, 9:03 am; edited 25 times in total
Back to top Go down
NateZDR2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
NateZDR2
Number of posts : 1977

The Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tournament   The Tournament Icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 7:06 pm

I PARTICIPATE
Youll see me as OperationX, in this tournament (not always)
Back to top Go down
WolfInABox
Ascended
Ascended
WolfInABox
Number of posts : 6926

The Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tournament   The Tournament Icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 7:08 pm

I participate.

Wolf@MW is my name.
Back to top Go down
LegnaK
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
LegnaK
Number of posts : 2054

The Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tournament   The Tournament Icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 7:26 pm

I accept this challenge, put me anywhere my friend

obviously you'll know who I am
Back to top Go down
Ten Graves
Mercenary
Mercenary
Ten Graves
Number of posts : 1262

The Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tournament   The Tournament Icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 7:42 pm

I'll play.
Back to top Go down
WolfInABox
Ascended
Ascended
WolfInABox
Number of posts : 6926

The Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tournament   The Tournament Icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 7:45 pm

OH NO! Wait, you're from MW also... phew!
Back to top Go down
Ten Graves
Mercenary
Mercenary
Ten Graves
Number of posts : 1262

The Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tournament   The Tournament Icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 8:15 pm

Still, it's one on one only, so we can't really team.
Back to top Go down

The Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tournament   The Tournament Icon_minitimeThu 06 Oct 2011, 6:15 am

I think it's silly to team just for the sake of "being known as a package". Teaming usually is just suggested by a bad player to a good player so he's included, but I won't jump to conclusions.
Back to top Go down
Lunch Money
Rogue Gamer
Rogue Gamer
Lunch Money
Number of posts : 311

The Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tournament   The Tournament Icon_minitimeThu 06 Oct 2011, 1:26 pm

I'm in - LunchMoney
Back to top Go down
MDX
Morph Manipulator
Morph Manipulator
MDX
Number of posts : 5220

The Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tournament   The Tournament Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2011, 1:33 pm

I can participate.

MDX
Back to top Go down
A9
Mercenary
Mercenary
A9
Number of posts : 1415

The Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tournament   The Tournament Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2011, 2:36 pm

I would like to participate, but my availability on the Internet is random. Because I'm facing my final exam in 2 weeks from now. I will be A9 if you want to add me anyways.
Back to top Go down
iexrrr
Noob Owner
Noob Owner
iexrrr

The Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tournament   The Tournament Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2011, 2:38 pm

Updated.

I will move myself to the first empty slot if there aren't 9 people after 3 hours.
Back to top Go down

The Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tournament   The Tournament Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2011, 4:09 pm

I'll give it a shot. (Demise)
Back to top Go down
NateZDR2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
NateZDR2
Number of posts : 1977

The Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tournament   The Tournament Icon_minitimeSun 09 Oct 2011, 9:17 pm

So... what is going to happen in this tournament?
Back to top Go down
ACVoong
Ownage Elite
Ownage Elite
ACVoong
Number of posts : 3994

The Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tournament   The Tournament Icon_minitimeSun 09 Oct 2011, 10:15 pm

I'll give it a go. (ACVoong)
Back to top Go down
iexrrr
Noob Owner
Noob Owner
iexrrr

The Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tournament   The Tournament Icon_minitimeMon 10 Oct 2011, 6:36 am

Unknown Reality wrote:
So... what is going to happen in this tournament?
I'd wait for more people, but it's possible to start with 10, 12 or 14 players too. When there are enough people, you can choose your opponent. Then Wolf can choose, etc.
Back to top Go down
Hyde233
Collector
Collector
Hyde233
Number of posts : 511

The Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tournament   The Tournament Icon_minitimeMon 10 Oct 2011, 5:15 pm

I'll play, although my pc may freeze (my nickname will be Hyde233)
Back to top Go down
Big Jilm
System Failure
System Failure
Big Jilm
Number of posts : 13384

The Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tournament   The Tournament Icon_minitimeMon 10 Oct 2011, 6:01 pm

I would like to join as well. I will be TheCityJizz
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/koner1ssite/

The Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tournament   The Tournament Icon_minitimeMon 10 Oct 2011, 7:04 pm

Count me in!

NFMM nickname:

StealthMW
Back to top Go down
iexrrr
Noob Owner
Noob Owner
iexrrr

The Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tournament   The Tournament Icon_minitimeMon 10 Oct 2011, 8:52 pm

Great, more people! 3 more and this can begin..
Back to top Go down

The Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tournament   The Tournament Icon_minitimeMon 10 Oct 2011, 10:22 pm

I'll participate! Although I need a date/time this is gonna happen (I'd prefer Sundays)

My NFMM Name is "Turbo" (without the quotes)
Back to top Go down
Big Jilm
System Failure
System Failure
Big Jilm
Number of posts : 13384

The Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tournament   The Tournament Icon_minitimeMon 10 Oct 2011, 10:33 pm

iexrrr wrote:
Great, more people! 3 more and this can begin..

Make sure to change my in-game name back to koner1!
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/koner1ssite/
G6
King Of Fools
King Of Fools
G6
Number of posts : 736

The Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tournament   The Tournament Icon_minitimeTue 11 Oct 2011, 2:52 am

Hey Ill Join My NICKNAME is Drift800
Back to top Go down

The Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tournament   The Tournament Icon_minitimeTue 11 Oct 2011, 4:42 am

My Estimated Places:

1. ACVoong (ACVoong)
2. chaosgrave10 (10thgrave)
3. WolfInABox (Wolf@MW)
4. CerealKiller (Demise)
5. MoGa_DeX aka Snyde (MDX)
6. system of a down (StealthMW)
7. koner1 (TheCityJizz)
8. iexrrr (Aerial)
9. Lunch Money (LunchMoney)
10. Hyde233 (Hyde233)
11. Azri965 (A9)
12. Unknown Reality (OperationX)
13. LegnaK (LegnaK)

For 11-13, I'm guessing based off of things other than my experience playing them in-game since I've never played them. The rest of the guesses are reasonably justified.

Also, partially the reason I put WolfInABox ahead of me was because he's not only good, but I'm the maker of these estimates and I'll just give him the benefit of the doubt.

Oh and I have no idea who will win 1st between 10th and ACV...I just guessed ACV since he's the current #1 holder.

Iexrrr and Lunch Money were hard to place, especially Lunch Money. The way I see it Iexrrr plays NFM more, and he looks like he has a better strategy going for him then LunchMoney, who plays a bit recklessly.

System of a Down and Koner were competing for and were tight for 6th, but I remembered playing a "StealthMW" who was exceptional, so I gave it to him. Both players (Stealth especially) probably have the potential for 3-5th place if they really try.

MoGa_DeX plays too damn much to be bad. I saw his playing on videos and I've heard his Maxy strategies and respect him using bad cars against good ones. I awarded him 5th, even though Stealth will be a very hard rival.

Hyde is online every hour of the day but never seems to win much. I placed him in last (excluding the 3 players I guessed on) because even though he must have a lot of experience, he doesn't seem to have unique strategies.

ACV and 10th are close, but then there's a HUGE skill-level gap after them, which begins with Wolf tied with me. We have a pretty medium sized gap after us, and I think MDX is a little misplaced in my list since I fear Stealth more then him. City has an average sized gap before the next ranks, but lacks special tricks. Then there's a big gap and following that are the bottom of the list.

EDIT: I forgot to add Turbo! He belongs in the same skill section as WolfBox and I. I also think his strategy can counter Wolves, but mine is pretty much tied with him.

~CK (Demise)
Back to top Go down
LegnaK
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
LegnaK
Number of posts : 2054

The Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tournament   The Tournament Icon_minitimeTue 11 Oct 2011, 5:29 am

That was kinda derogatory towards me, seriously I may not be the best but c'mon dude, that's unfair.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tournament   The Tournament Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Tournament

View previous topic View next topic Back to top