AIM Games
Welcome to the AIM Forums, the first Forum to ever be dedicated to Need For Madness!

To post a message/topic on the forums, you must REGISTER.

To REGISTER, click on the Button at the bottom of this message, or else at the top of the page. Without a user on these forums, you can only view some forums available to the public.

Have Fun and Feel free to ask/post anything here NFM related, or else just to chat. We have a chat-room at the bottom of this page, for only registered users to chat on though.

The Official AIM Games Forums

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:
If the entity known as "kyoto" disturbs you in the slightest, forward all your concerns to the admin. Drama is not welcome on the forum, and neither are echoes.

Share | 

How do you consider a player to be

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Young Owner
Young Owner

Number of posts : 408

PostSubject: Re: How do you consider a player to be   Thu 17 Jan 2013, 6:41 pm

"Good" relates to a lot of things, not just the players ability but MAINLY their ability.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/lh00012
TechnologicalTerror
King Of Fools
King Of Fools

Number of posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: How do you consider a player to be   Thu 17 Jan 2013, 9:55 pm

yeah, a good player doesn't complain if he/she loses, uses tactics, and doesn't play dirty
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/f687sNFM/videos
Seabiscuit
Half Life
Half Life

Number of posts : 1748

PostSubject: Re: How do you consider a player to be   Thu 17 Jan 2013, 11:05 pm

The last people to post here had basically RESTATED what has already been said -_-
Back to top Go down
Young Owner
Young Owner

PostSubject: Re: How do you consider a player to be   Thu 17 Jan 2013, 11:19 pm

The topic did ask "What do you think", regardless whether things were restated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How do you consider a player to be   Fri 18 Jan 2013, 12:27 pm

It really depends on the criteria you use when defined a "Good" player. You could do it based off of skill, you could do it based off of personality, you could base it off of your relationship with that person, or you can make a combination of all 3. I'd prefer the combination, b/c I prefer playing with people who may not be as skilled as some other are, but still are great people who make the game enjoyable.

Offtopic, but...
@SinfulBliss wrote:
For example, Raza is actually not bad at the game.

*cough* New sig *cough*
Back to top Go down
Freeze Zooka
Royalty
Royalty

Number of posts : 6367

PostSubject: Re: How do you consider a player to be   Fri 18 Jan 2013, 12:53 pm

I consider a player to have good sportsmanship, for example. When he/she loses, he's alright with that and just have fun in the game. Remember, don't focus on winning, have fun while winning. NFM is not a normal racing game. -.-
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How do you consider a player to be   Fri 18 Jan 2013, 1:43 pm

Guys, when talking in terms of NFMM, you should see how the player is. Not how good, or umm, charming, or aa...nice and gentle a player is to you after losing that he says "gg" and that "You are very good" etc etc and all that bull. I good player need not to say that, or even possess any such thing. When in talking in terms of the game, you should see how the player is IN the game, not outside the game like, AIM forums, and not personally to you, like on Facebook/Skype etc.
Back to top Go down
Sassy
Noob Owner
Noob Owner

Number of posts : 622

PostSubject: Re: How do you consider a player to be   Fri 18 Jan 2013, 3:09 pm

Raza156 wrote: "...you should see how the player is IN the game, not outside the game like,...." I totally agree.
Back to top Go down
Young Owner
Young Owner

PostSubject: Re: How do you consider a player to be   Fri 18 Jan 2013, 3:42 pm

@Turbo wrote:
It really depends on the criteria you use when defined a "Good" player. You could do it based off of skill, you could do it based off of personality, you could base it off of your relationship with that person, or you can make a combination of all 3. I'd prefer the combination, b/c I prefer playing with people who may not be as skilled as some other are, but still are great people who make the game enjoyable.

Offtopic, but...
@SinfulBliss wrote:
For example, Raza is actually not bad at the game.

*cough* New sig *cough*

I 100% agree with this.
Back to top Go down
BlackBird
Ascended
Ascended

Number of posts : 6885

PostSubject: Re: How do you consider a player to be   Fri 18 Jan 2013, 4:03 pm

SaSS wrote:
Raza156 wrote: "...you should see how the player is IN the game, not outside the game like,...." I totally agree.

Well,I think although some ppl may act different in real life and in game,but I bielieve some ppl will act the same
Back to top Go down
Androgeos
Janitor
Janitor

Number of posts : 74

PostSubject: Re: How do you consider a player to be   Mon 06 May 2013, 8:49 am

An interesting question for a thread topic. It's something I can relate to since the main thing I do on NFMM is to look for good players. By racing them with Kool Kat. Razz

In general, when I search for good players on NFMM, I look at their skill and attitude.

In order for a player to get my attention and make me think that that player has a hope of being a good one, I first look at their skill. By observing how they race and racing them using Kool Kat on specific game stages (the more complex ones in general, such as Quake Ownage), I can roughly gauge how well they do, and that forms my first impression of them. The one thing I look for, more than anything else, is how well they land. If a player plays for the sake of playing, they won't bother so much about landing the car they are driving on four wheels, and any experienced player can tell you that landing the car on four wheels is as important as knowing all the shortcuts in a stage, lagging other players and knowing what the chosen car does best. As a sufficiently experienced racer myself, I have won and lost countless races because of poor landings. If a player makes an effort to try and land without taking damage, it can be seen, and this is what catches my attention the most. Meccaryn, the Nimi player, rarely makes poor landings using a car that seems purpose-built for making poor landings. This is what drew my attention to him.

The player's attitude, however, is what sets what I consider to be good players from the rest. Attitude is far-reaching, and it can involve things from improving to having the perception that even a rubbish car can do good. Many of the greatest players I've met on NFMM have a positive attitude about their performance and the car they drive, and that is why they are so good. karlDbas, the first player ever to win me in a race using Wow Caninaro, loved the car more than I did, and he knew more about driving his car than I did Kool Kat. MAXPOWER, despite starting off as a fairly pathetic player, had a strong desire to improve his skills, and he did eventually improve to the point where it was no longer possible for me to win him using Kool Kat. Meccaryn, the Nimi player, rarely drives any other car despite knowing full well that Nimi is arguably the worst game car ever.

The one player whom I consider to be the best good player I have ever met and known, however, is CHARLOTTE. We could be racing using the same car, but she will always win. We could be racing with me using a better car, but she will always win. Despite this, and despite her knowing that she is a great racer who can win me using any game car, she is still humble, and she doesn't join every race saying that she is the best, or that she will win. She also rarely chats during races and turns off the chat box because she found it distracting. She knows she is good, and yet she still tries to find ways and means to get better. There is no way I can ever truly gauge how good she is, because she is so far beyond my level, both in skill and attitude.

Last edited by Androgeos on Mon 02 Sep 2013, 7:10 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Hey, where did that come from?)
Back to top Go down
http://heliosexeunt.wordpress.com
Cynosure
Computer Freak
Computer Freak

Number of posts : 1128

PostSubject: Re: How do you consider a player to be   Mon 06 May 2013, 9:37 am

WOAH! Androgeos Lots Of Typing There! Anway Good Can Relate TOO EVERYTHING! Jks Good I Can't Say But Improving I Can.
Back to top Go down
Phyrexian
True Gamer
True Gamer

Number of posts : 3509

PostSubject: Re: How do you consider a player to be   Mon 06 May 2013, 4:46 pm

In my opinion a good player knows how to join a game in a blink of an eye. What often messes up wars is people being slow-joiners >_>
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhyrexianNFM
Kinetico
Sp3c1al1s3d
Sp3c1al1s3d

Number of posts : 3495

PostSubject: Re: How do you consider a player to be   Mon 06 May 2013, 10:03 pm

@Phyrexian wrote:
In my opinion a good player knows how to join a game in a blink of an eye. What often messes up wars is people being slow-joiners >_>

IMO, a good player has to familiarize himself on using GC first. Unlike other player who resent the use of GC within a multiplayer games and wars.... *cough*Divine*cough*Spirit*cough*
Back to top Go down
http://tee.pub/lic/F6BY_s0eUUs
Radical24
Ownage Elite
Ownage Elite

Number of posts : 4143

PostSubject: Re: How do you consider a player to be   Tue 12 Nov 2013, 3:12 am

In any game i consider a player to be good when he has alot of playing hours, for instance on Steam you can see on a players profile how many hours they played on each game, you could have someone who played a game for 5 years and only has 2000 hours while someone has that amount only after 2 years, it all depens how often you play the game.
sadly on need for madness we don't have a way to see how many hours you've played the game so here who do i consider good? someone who's been playing for a very long time and he playing very frequent.
Just remember: the more you play the better you will get, so never give up, and if you took a break from a game that you used to be good it might take you some time to gain those skills back, it may also vary of how has the game changed while you were gone, where there game changing updates? it might take you some time to get used to them.
Just play, that's the best way of getting better. and in the end of the day the player that has the most playing times and most consistant training will be the best. (in my opinion)
Back to top Go down
SinfulBliss
Computer Freak
Computer Freak

Number of posts : 1046

PostSubject: Re: How do you consider a player to be   Wed 13 Nov 2013, 6:05 am

I don't really think time invested directly affects how good someone is. I mean, I agree someone who invests 2000 hours in 1 year is bound to be way more skilled than someone who invests 100 hours in a year, but not necessarily.

I don't want to use any examples, but there are some people who I see almost every day on NFMM that aren't really that good. Then there are people I rarely see who are amazing. It's all relative.

It'd be cool if this game had some system where you could see your playing time.
Back to top Go down
Radical24
Ownage Elite
Ownage Elite

PostSubject: Re: How do you consider a player to be   Wed 13 Nov 2013, 6:12 am

@SinfulBliss wrote:
I don't really think time invested directly affects how good someone is. I mean, I agree someone who invests 2000 hours in 1 year is bound to be way more skilled than someone who invests 100 hours in a year, but not necessarily.

I don't want to use any examples, but there are some people who I see almost every day on NFMM that aren't really that good. Then there are people I rarely see who are amazing. It's all relative.

It'd be cool if this game had some system where you could see your playing time.
In this game, it's a bit different since some people have really good connections which makes them be better then other people who played more but have a bad connection
Back to top Go down
SinfulBliss
Computer Freak
Computer Freak

Number of posts : 1046

PostSubject: Re: How do you consider a player to be   Wed 13 Nov 2013, 6:17 am

Yeah, I definitely agree with that. The fact that some people are really hard to lag just because of their connection doesn't make them good.

It's a confusing topic though, because it can be argued that a good player is one who is first able to find out his opponent's delay. The person who figures out his opponent's delay first is most often the winner.
Back to top Go down
Blade
Owned Gamer
Owned Gamer

Number of posts : 139

PostSubject: Re: How do you consider a player to be   Wed 13 Nov 2013, 7:01 pm

a good player to me doesnt have to play fair or be nice.
skill is what means if you are good or not.
a player can be completely mean,and play cheap...but if they are skilled...they are good.
Back to top Go down
Radical24
Ownage Elite
Ownage Elite

PostSubject: Re: How do you consider a player to be   Thu 14 Nov 2013, 5:56 am

@SinfulBliss wrote:
Yeah, I definitely agree with that. The fact that some people are really hard to lag just because of their connection doesn't make them good.

It's a confusing topic though, because it can be argued that a good player is one who is first able to find out his opponent's delay. The person who figures out his opponent's delay first is most often the winner.
That is true but with a certain connection even one out of 50 players might get one that is-
1. you need to be very close to an opponent to hit them which of course is alot easier to hit people then if you were to have a connection that forces you to be quite far in order to hit someone
2.Your connection is either very laggy which makes it alot harder for others to hit you OR one that is less "OP" but your connection might make it so people will have to hit further to hit you.. basically what i said in the end of #1^

And of course you got the people who have completly opiset connections which makes them have alot harder times when it comes to lag hitting
I know from my expiriance that my delay has been changed many times before.. there were times that i was dominating anyone who would come against me and there were times i couldn't hit $hit.
I'm not saying theres no skill involved in NFMM.. there's defenetly is but the connections does make a big roll of how well you play
Back to top Go down
Seabiscuit
Half Life
Half Life

Number of posts : 1748

PostSubject: Re: How do you consider a player to be   Thu 14 Nov 2013, 3:16 pm

@Radical24 wrote:
@SinfulBliss wrote:

That is true but with a certain connection even one out of 50 players might get one that is-
1. you need to be very close to an opponent to hit them which of course is alot easier to hit people then if you were to have a connection that forces you to be quite far in order to hit someone
2.Your connection is either very laggy which makes it alot harder for others to hit you OR one that is less "OP" but your connection might make it so people will have to hit further to hit you.. basically what i said in the end of #1^

And of course you got the people who have completly opiset connections which makes them have alot harder times when it comes to lag hitting
I know from my expiriance that my delay has been changed many times before.. there were times that i was dominating anyone who would come against me and there were times i couldn't hit $hit.
I'm not saying theres no skill involved in NFMM.. there's defenetly is but the connections does make a big roll of how well you play
It's always the people who live in the UK which have very small lag trails, probably because Avenger is located there. Or you're Steam who you can only hit 10 feet away, and he can hit you normally.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you consider a player to be   Today at 3:34 pm

Back to top Go down

How do you consider a player to be

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AIM Games :: Need For Madness :: NFM Discussion :: Multiplayer-