AIM Games
Welcome to the AIM Forums, the first Forum to ever be dedicated to Need For Madness!

To post a message/topic on the forums, you must REGISTER.

To REGISTER, click on the Button at the bottom of this message, or else at the top of the page. Without a user on these forums, you can only view some forums available to the public.

Have Fun and Feel free to ask/post anything here NFM related, or else just to chat. We have a chat-room at the bottom of this page, for only registered users to chat on though.
AIM Games
Welcome to the AIM Forums, the first Forum to ever be dedicated to Need For Madness!

To post a message/topic on the forums, you must REGISTER.

To REGISTER, click on the Button at the bottom of this message, or else at the top of the page. Without a user on these forums, you can only view some forums available to the public.

Have Fun and Feel free to ask/post anything here NFM related, or else just to chat. We have a chat-room at the bottom of this page, for only registered users to chat on though.
AIM Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official AIM Games Forums

HomeRegisterLog in
Announcements:
HTML has been disabled. I have been kind enough to allow customising of posts, but I guess it's either freedom or no freedom at all.
I am lazy to do Forum Awards this year.

Share | 

Where did you get your name from?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Afterburn
Limited Divinity
Limited Divinity
Afterburn
Number of posts : 2359

Where did you get your name from? Empty
PostSubject: Where did you get your name from?   Where did you get your name from? Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 9:47 pm

As many of us have been playing NFMM under a registered name, I thought it would be cool to share where have everyone gotten their name from. Mine was based off a roller coaster at my amusement park that has the same name. And since i'm a coaster enthusiast it was my first choice besides my youtube and skype name (which I think would still be to long for NFMM).
Back to top Go down
ApexNova
Computer Freak
Computer Freak
ApexNova
Number of posts : 1103

PostSubject: Re: Where did you get your name from?   Where did you get your name from? Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 11:18 pm

SpaceParadox was somewhat random, although it is partially based off of Astro7452.
Back to top Go down
Big Jilm
System Failure
System Failure
Big Jilm
Number of posts : 13384

PostSubject: Re: Where did you get your name from?   Where did you get your name from? Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 11:30 pm

Mine was basically some weird way I used to say my name as a toddler.

The 1 tagged along after
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/koner1ssite/

PostSubject: Re: Where did you get your name from?   Where did you get your name from? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Oct 2012, 5:07 am

I just like this username. I've always been a racing game enthusiast, from Need for Speed Underground to PGR4. A common aspect of some of these games, especially those where tuning is possible, is the introduction of turbochargers and boosters. These are associated with enhancing the speed and racing performance of vehicles.

This gave birth to the name "Turbo": short, concise, and gives the impression of someone who is very, very fast.
Back to top Go down
Jiggnfm
Hidden Agenda
Hidden Agenda
Jiggnfm
Number of posts : 10256

PostSubject: Re: Where did you get your name from?   Where did you get your name from? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Oct 2012, 5:15 am

My NFMM name came from the word Jigglypuff, I liked Pokemon, that's why I had a post about it.

I just took the Jigg and replaced the other half with NFM! 2 of my favorite things mashed into 1! Razz

Last edited by Jiggnfm on Fri 17 Jun 2016, 10:10 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Why are you asking this? To get info from me?)
Back to top Go down
http://streetblunt954.wordpress.com/
Kaffeinated
Wanderer
Wanderer
Kaffeinated
Number of posts : 7988

PostSubject: Re: Where did you get your name from?   Where did you get your name from? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Oct 2012, 5:22 am

Kaffeinated was inspired by all things awesome including Coffee, laptops with fingerprint readers, and NFM of course.
Back to top Go down
http://www.HIRED.com
Wasted
Game Reaper
Game Reaper
Wasted
Number of posts : 823

PostSubject: Re: Where did you get your name from?   Where did you get your name from? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Oct 2012, 7:21 am

When I first arrived on NFMM (March 21st I think), I had a tendency to get wasted by others most of the time. So I used the name 'Wasted' as a joke, and I found it to be a really creative name, so I decided to use this name Razz
Back to top Go down
BlackBird
Ascended
Ascended
BlackBird
Number of posts : 6884

PostSubject: Re: Where did you get your name from?   Where did you get your name from? Icon_minitimeSun 28 Oct 2012, 11:15 am

My old name(qwert45653) is just a random name

My current name(4Elements) is based on a game,which is also called 4 Elements
Back to top Go down
NateZDR2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
NateZDR2
Number of posts : 1977

PostSubject: Re: Where did you get your name from?   Where did you get your name from? Icon_minitimeSun 28 Oct 2012, 12:53 pm

My name is just random. Nothing really to it.
Back to top Go down
Sky
Game Reaper
Game Reaper

Number of posts : 831

PostSubject: Re: Where did you get your name from?   Where did you get your name from? Icon_minitimeSat 03 Nov 2012, 2:48 pm

I Got my SkyGuardian Name from Looking at clouds.
Pretty random eh?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
RedDragonLRD
Mercenary
Mercenary
RedDragonLRD
Number of posts : 1256

PostSubject: Re: Where did you get your name from?   Where did you get your name from? Icon_minitimeSat 03 Nov 2012, 4:25 pm

Originally my name was gonna be LeRedDragon. But when my dad was helping my register for a youtube account, I told him I wanted my name to be "LeRedDragon, capital LRD" He thought I said RedDragonLRD. So yeah, that's how I got my name, from a mistake lol Laughing
Back to top Go down
Psychopsilocybin
Cynically Insane
Cynically Insane
Psychopsilocybin
Number of posts : 21554

PostSubject: Re: Where did you get your name from?   Where did you get your name from? Icon_minitimeSat 17 Nov 2012, 5:45 pm

*bump*

Well, I was listening to, "Psychopsilocybin," by Incubus, when, I got the idea for that name. However, as I was going on NFMM and typing that name in, it turns out it was
too long. It only got to, "Psychopsilo," so I decided to use that name, which is where I
became known as Psycho, to majority of the people here.

However, I changed my name to "Ataraxia," from a song by a group artist called, "Team
Sleep." I kept that name for a while; however, I missed my old name, so I changed it
back to, "Psychopsilo," but a week ago, I decided to take the, "psilo," off, and just be
known as, "Psycho."

I always base my names off songs.
Back to top Go down
Mute
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Mute
Number of posts : 2044

PostSubject: Re: Where did you get your name from?   Where did you get your name from? Icon_minitimeSat 17 Nov 2012, 5:55 pm

Behemoth is my favourite competitor name in my favourite TV show. So yeah, Behemoth's a wicked name in my opinion so I used it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RadicalRacer
Psychogenic
Psychogenic
RadicalRacer
Number of posts : 1490

PostSubject: Re: Where did you get your name from?   Where did you get your name from? Icon_minitimeSat 17 Nov 2012, 6:56 pm

Well I needed t think of a name before the release of NFM. So I wanted to blend two words together that started with the same letter and I also incorported some NFM to it. My favorite car was R1 at the time so I knew my first word was gonna be 'Radical' it wasn't hard to search for another word I knew this was a car game so I put Racer as my second word. So today im known as 'RadicalRacer'. I may change my name soon
Back to top Go down
Ten Graves
Mercenary
Mercenary
Ten Graves
Number of posts : 1262

PostSubject: Re: Where did you get your name from?   Where did you get your name from? Icon_minitimeSat 17 Nov 2012, 8:01 pm

A long time ago I heard about this game called "RuneScape" so I decided to try it out. But I couldn't think of a name so I clicked this button which thought of a random username for you. One of the usernames was "chaosgrave10" which I ended up choosing (and what used to be my AIM name).

Then I joined MDX's old clan T.R.O.L.L, and in that clan he gave everyone nicknames. He gave me this one called "10th grave of chaos" which I preferred. And when NFMM came out and I wanted to register, I shortened that name to "10thgrave".

Back to top Go down
Dovenaz
Half Life
Half Life
Dovenaz
Number of posts : 1921

PostSubject: Re: Where did you get your name from?   Where did you get your name from? Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2012, 10:09 am

Although I am not a registered member.. I got my name from the game Radical Aces 2. The second-to-the-last boss was named 'Dovenaz Monster'. Because It was HARD for me to beat it at that time.. I based my name on that boss. (Out of complete annoyance and amusement)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where did you get your name from?   Where did you get your name from? Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2012, 1:29 pm

Well, I was taking a shower one day, in the previous winters, the water was extreamly hot, vapours rising up, thus, Steam, so I thought it won't make a bad nickname for a game like NFMM. Razz

~Steam
Back to top Go down
Freeze Zooka
Royalty
Royalty
Freeze Zooka
Number of posts : 6367

PostSubject: Re: Where did you get your name from?   Where did you get your name from? Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2012, 2:12 pm

I got my name Frikishzooka from... Well, here's le story:

At AIM; When my name, nfmacky2012, was boring and I think It was time to change my name. So I asked IP to change it, and he asked: "What is your new username?"

I had the idea to create a name crazy enough for people to LOL at my new username. I first think of the word 'freak' then 'freakish', then I said to my self, "Hmm, too obvious... Let's make it Frikish; yeah! That's it!"

So I added Frikish to the start and used Bazooka at the end, but I realized, "I'll take away the Ba at the start... Zooka. Sounds good."
Then I was known as...

Frikishzooka aka FreakishBazooka.
Back to top Go down
Dex
Half Life
Half Life

Number of posts : 1770

PostSubject: Re: Where did you get your name from?   Where did you get your name from? Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2012, 6:48 pm

I simply put two-and-two together and came up with CarbonFly (my NFMM nickname not my AIM one). Because Carbon is basically everywhere and is deadly, and fly just means that Carbon can "fly"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where did you get your name from?   Where did you get your name from? Icon_minitimeMon 19 Nov 2012, 12:34 am

Well I only beat nfm 1 and nfm 2 a couple of times then quit and when I got an email saying nfmm came out I came back in september. So when I started playing I was just a little above the average noob but I thought i'd own a lot of people there. Then I met this guy called iposmanager. Every game i'd play against him he would completly trash me,the only game I've beaten him was once in GOK there was no fix and I was pixeled and he was the only one left,he switched to wasting but at that time almost no one knew about lagg so I won. Anyway I just got fustrated of how many times i'd get trashed so I came up with that name.

My second name which I use currently was a suggestion from an irl friend who has some nice names
Back to top Go down
Mystery Kid
Noob
Noob
Mystery Kid
Number of posts : 25

PostSubject: Re: Where did you get your name from?   Where did you get your name from? Icon_minitimeMon 19 Nov 2012, 5:53 pm

Well,l was just wondering about my name to register in the C&SM Forums...and then l came up with the Black Eyed Peas.But l said ''Thats a long name...l have to make like a summary of it...'' and then my precious nickname came up into my head. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sassy
Noob Owner
Noob Owner
Sassy
Number of posts : 622

PostSubject: Re: Where did you get your name from?   Where did you get your name from? Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov 2012, 3:49 am

Nice on Afterburn Smile From an amusement park too how creative Razz Btw, who is Barney?
Back to top Go down
Zee
Psychogenic
Psychogenic
Zee
Number of posts : 1662

PostSubject: Re: Where did you get your name from?   Where did you get your name from? Icon_minitimeFri 23 Nov 2012, 6:36 am

I got my name from my favorite letter.
Back to top Go down
Nitro
Half Life
Half Life
Nitro
Number of posts : 1874

PostSubject: Re: Where did you get your name from?   Where did you get your name from? Icon_minitimeThu 27 Dec 2012, 11:30 am

Zee wrote:
I got my name from my favorite letter.

lol ^

I got my name from Turbo Razz
Back to top Go down
Lunch Money
Rogue Gamer
Rogue Gamer
Lunch Money
Number of posts : 311

PostSubject: Re: Where did you get your name from?   Where did you get your name from? Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jan 2013, 3:46 am

By beating kids up in elementary school
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where did you get your name from?   Where did you get your name from? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where did you get your name from?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AIM Games :: Need For Madness :: NFM Discussion :: Multiplayer-