AIM Games
Welcome to the AIM Forums, the first Forum to ever be dedicated to Need For Madness!

To post a message/topic on the forums, you must REGISTER.

To REGISTER, click on the Button at the bottom of this message, or else at the top of the page. Without a user on these forums, you can only view some forums available to the public.

Have Fun and Feel free to ask/post anything here NFM related, or else just to chat. We have a chat-room at the bottom of this page, for only registered users to chat on though.

The Official AIM Games Forums

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:
If the entity known as "kyoto" disturbs you in the slightest, forward all your concerns to the admin. Drama is not welcome on the forum, and neither are echoes.

Share | 

Where did you get your name from?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Skull
Game Reaper
Game Reaper

Number of posts : 985

PostSubject: Re: Where did you get your name from?   Mon 30 May 2016, 3:28 am

Have been using Skull for a number of multi-player games from the early 90s - E.g ultima RPG.

My player name was derived from the antagonist under the movie "the gladiator" dated in 1986. A story about a homicidal maniac that goes around killing innocent victims on the road, you can find out about the movie. Back then i was 18th years old when i got to watch the movie ,kind of liked the Killer that seemed mysterious. The killer was referred to as the skull driver but i shortened the name to Skull -that's the reason why u would have seen me playing customs with my fav car (dodge charger) in 2013 - 2014 mostly wasting games. Hardly took the game seriously not even thinking about a clan membership back then.
Back to top Go down
Vio
Noob
Noob

Number of posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: Where did you get your name from?   Mon 30 May 2016, 6:56 am

I found a ice cube under the sun and it melted so i named myself melt :v ezlyfe ezgame
Back to top Go down
[WI]
Half Life
Half Life

Number of posts : 1837

PostSubject: Re: Where did you get your name from?   Mon 30 May 2016, 2:23 pm

I didn't know what to call myself when registering Steam so my brother told me to call myself "Der Zerknitterer".
But sometimes that's too long for some games or they do not allow underscores or spaces so I shorten it to DZerk most of the time
Back to top Go down
FusionDice
Noob
Noob

Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: Where did you get your name from?   Fri 15 Jul 2016, 12:20 pm

Bump?

Well , I got my name from EA Free To Play Game : Need For Speed World
That time I was make a new account for my brother..
Then I choose a picture of a Dice as my avatar and then "Fusion" words just came to my mind.. idk why plus i didn't know what that means  XD  XD  ..

So that's the origin of my name DANCE!

FusionDice
Back to top Go down
mrdavidatify
Amateur
Amateur

Number of posts : 66

PostSubject: Re: Where did you get your name from?   Fri 15 Jul 2016, 3:58 pm

I got a tablet for Christmas back in 2012 with a YouTube channel. It was named by the origin of mrdavidatify. I joined about every forum with almost every same name. I joined here but unfortunately I realized I forgot to put the 2nd "d" in my name Sad Sad (I'm gonna ask the admin to change my name on July 25 because I think you have to wait atleast 2 months when you join here)
Back to top Go down
Optimal
Young Owner
Young Owner

Number of posts : 359

PostSubject: Re: Where did you get your name from?   Fri 15 Jul 2016, 7:34 pm

I just looked at the available names left, And I wanted to find the best one, the "Optimal" decision. And Optimal came to mind, and I liked it, so I use it to this day.
Back to top Go down
Hasher90
Psychogenic
Psychogenic

Number of posts : 1485

PostSubject: Re: Where did you get your name from?   Fri 15 Jul 2016, 9:35 pm

I picked 'Hasher90' not because it sounds like I smoke weed for a living or because it sounds like I work in a 'hashery', although that later came to use. I picked it out of randomness. It was a bit manufactured: something not too nooby but also something not too blingy. I had many: Dewity, Flash, Rawb, Zex etc. Obviously I couldn't use Flash because it was already used here, but Hasher rolled off the tongue. The '90' bit was just in case someone else had the same name, but also because I like the 1990's, mostly in terms of Japanese cars.
Back to top Go down
Ajelite
Janitor
Janitor

Number of posts : 69

PostSubject: Re: Where did you get your name from?   Sat 16 Jul 2016, 11:58 pm

well i once had a bad past which affected my life , but recently after few years everything got normal
so i wanted a name which defines this in a way ... and one the day when i first played NFMM and created my account their was a lunar eclipse in my city ..
so i removed Lunar and choosed Eclipse
Back to top Go down
-Tails-
Amateur
Amateur

Number of posts : 59

PostSubject: Re: Where did you get your name from?   Sun 17 Jul 2016, 6:14 pm

tails because
1.- im totally not a furry
2.- i like the character vry fun
3.- cancer
Back to top Go down
superia
Amateur
Amateur

Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: Where did you get your name from?   Mon 18 Jul 2016, 6:08 am

Does anyone care about where your names come from? Nobody cares.Look,name is just a name,which doesn't carry any meaning.Look at skull or tails,those names sound like 9 year old kids,and only 9 year old kids could come up with those childish names.
Back to top Go down
Afterburn
Limited Divinity
Limited Divinity

Number of posts : 2360

PostSubject: Re: Where did you get your name from?   Mon 18 Jul 2016, 6:31 am

@superia wrote:
Does anyone care about where your names come from? Nobody cares.Look,name is just a name,which doesn't carry any meaning.Look at skull or tails,those names sound like 9 year old kids,and only 9 year old kids could come up with those childish names.
This topic has been full of interesting and on-topic stories about others' nicknames for 3 years. It would be appreciated if you don't ruin this topic with your rather silly rant.
Back to top Go down
superia
Amateur
Amateur

Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: Where did you get your name from?   Mon 18 Jul 2016, 8:35 am

First of all,is this topic interesting? Umm..I don't think so.Second,nowadays people change their names frequently so that they can gain attention from other players.Besides,who cares about names?Do you ever ask your parents why they gave you your name?I bet you never ask that because no one cares.
Back to top Go down
Afterburn
Limited Divinity
Limited Divinity

Number of posts : 2360

PostSubject: Re: Where did you get your name from?   Mon 18 Jul 2016, 8:52 am

@superia wrote:
First of all,is this topic interesting? Umm..I don't think so.Second,nowadays people change their names frequently so that they can gain attention from other players.Besides,who cares about names?Do you ever ask your parents why they gave you your name?I bet you never ask that because no one cares.
You bring some valid points to the table, however you are speaking from a minority standpoint. This topic, to be blunt, is on the same caliber of some topics like "What is your favorite NFM stage?" or "What is your favorite car?"; are they redundant - yes, but there's no shame in sharing what you like, nor your experiences.

At the end of the day though, I know i'm not going to change your opinion on why this exist, so i'll just end the petty bickering.
Back to top Go down
Mute
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent

Number of posts : 1998

PostSubject: Re: Where did you get your name from?   Mon 18 Jul 2016, 10:01 am

too emo to justify but tbh even after that I kinda like it.
Back to top Go down
Crackharrow
Ownage Elite
Ownage Elite

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Where did you get your name from?   Tue 19 Jul 2016, 12:42 am

Crackharrow

from C. Rackharrow, the crappy previous name of a character I created. He is now named after a star.
Back to top Go down
zeein
Karma Caper
Karma Caper

Number of posts : 241

PostSubject: Re: Where did you get your name from?   Tue 19 Jul 2016, 3:50 am

from my real name
Back to top Go down
http://www.zeein.top
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where did you get your name from?   Today at 11:16 pm

Back to top Go down