AIM Games
Welcome to the AIM Forums, the first Forum to ever be dedicated to Need For Madness!

To post a message/topic on the forums, you must REGISTER.

To REGISTER, click on the Button at the bottom of this message, or else at the top of the page. Without a user on these forums, you can only view some forums available to the public.

Have Fun and Feel free to ask/post anything here NFM related, or else just to chat. We have a chat-room at the bottom of this page, for only registered users to chat on though.
AIM Games
Welcome to the AIM Forums, the first Forum to ever be dedicated to Need For Madness!

To post a message/topic on the forums, you must REGISTER.

To REGISTER, click on the Button at the bottom of this message, or else at the top of the page. Without a user on these forums, you can only view some forums available to the public.

Have Fun and Feel free to ask/post anything here NFM related, or else just to chat. We have a chat-room at the bottom of this page, for only registered users to chat on though.
AIM Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official AIM Games Forums

HomeRegisterLog in
Announcements:
HTML has been disabled. I have been kind enough to allow customising of posts, but I guess it's either freedom or no freedom at all.
I am lazy to do Forum Awards this year.

Share | 

Lag Wasting

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

How do you think about lag wasting?Good or Bad
good
Lag Wasting - Page 4 I_vote_lcap55%Lag Wasting - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 55% [ 18 ]
bad
Lag Wasting - Page 4 I_vote_lcap45%Lag Wasting - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 45% [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 33

AuthorMessage
Ten Graves
Mercenary
Mercenary
Ten Graves
Number of posts : 1262

Lag Wasting - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lag Wasting   Lag Wasting - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jan 2013, 9:37 am

Now you know why I like King Razz

Most of our connections are similar in terms of delay and the difficulty of lagging us, but of course there are going to be exceptions. The best we can do is accept it and try to see if we can counter it. I actually think Steam/Raza's connection isn't that bad (mostly); there are much worse ones out there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lag Wasting   Lag Wasting - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jan 2013, 6:01 pm

Psycho wrote:
You only say this because you have never played against your OWN lag.

+1, Exactly what i meant once you try walking a mile in our shoes then you could say we're exaggerating ,Raza
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lag Wasting   Lag Wasting - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jan 2013, 7:19 pm

Raza's connection is by far the worst in terms of trying to competitively play him. It doesn't give him any disadvantages like most people's lag does. For example, if you have teleportation lag, you will most likely see your opponent teleporting as well (this makes it fair). If you have slo-mo lag, which I never had, you're probably not going to see your opponent normally.

However, Raza's lag has no disadvantages. You can't just measure out 5 m in front of him and always aim there, because sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't (not to mention he'll take 5% at best anyway).

Raza, my other post was supposed to clear this up and show your perspective as well as ours, but all you did was ignore ours and cry more about how it's so unfair in yours.
Back to top Go down
Dex
Half Life
Half Life

Number of posts : 1770

PostSubject: Re: Lag Wasting   Lag Wasting - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jan 2013, 9:16 pm

I sure do agree on that even though I haven't had a legit game with Steam, but I had a few experiences when it comes to wasting him. You see, I can never do the lag wastes I usually do on other people. I have to either get close to him, like 2 inches close and as I get close to him, I would have to turn as forcefully as possible, to avoid his hit and at the same time hope to have hit him, which doesn't result in anything. He does get tossed, on my screen but the damage he receives is something like 1% or maybe nothing, it's like when I hit a monstaa with a Nimi, the monstaa takes almost no damage, but in this case I lag-hit Steam with an R1, yet his damage is very insignificant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lag Wasting   Lag Wasting - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2013, 4:37 am

I agree with you all. My lag isn't playable whatsoever. Maybe that does mean that I'm just a normal noob without any skill.

But considering the disadvantages it gives to me, you should know the reason why I am not a very good racer, is because of my connection. For me, you guys go faster even when I'm at full power, and hence, lag me and overtake me. This is the reason why I do good mostly in 1 vs 1 racing only.

Considering the fact that my connection is a wireless USB devise that catches signals from a tower thats almost a mile away from my house, the strength of the signals gets distorted in the way causing the connection to temporarily become slow for me during irregular intervals, yes it has its disadvantages. I do hope I get a new connection. But, I know, it still won't be worth it.

I have nothing more to say anything regarding my connection. But I see no need to apologize for it.

~Steam

Last edited by Raza156 on Mon 07 Jan 2013, 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dex
Half Life
Half Life

PostSubject: Re: Lag Wasting   Lag Wasting - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2013, 8:19 am

Seems like a legit explanation to me. But it's complete opposite for me. My parents blocked NFMM for a week, and I don't mean like easy block but a complete IP block on the router, because I got into some trouble at school. However, I did have access to the computer, just not the game. One of my classmates who lives right across the street from my house had a non-secured Wi-Fi connection so I connected to his to play my game when I had the time. Well, all I got was ONE freaking bar, and maybe two when my friend wasn't using his computer and there was no traffic on the connection. Playing NFMM, like that was a nightmare, everyone was teleporting and glitching out so wasting for me was definitely out of the game. Racing, however, was different. When I raced on my friend's connection, everyone would still be glitching out, but since my computer's processing speed was faster than the connection itself, everyone would be glitching and lagging behind me which was easier for me to lag them, which means I was going VERY fast on other people's screens while everyone was going VERY slow on my screen. The races ended up in a tie with me and someone else.

Raza156 wrote:
you should know the reason why I am not a very good racer, is because of my connection. For me, you guys go faster even when I'm at full power, and hence, lag me and overtake me. This is the reason why I do good mostly in 1 vs 1 racing only.

Ehh, no. I've seen you race against at least 5 other experienced players on NFMM and YOU were the winner! Don't deceit me Steam, because I've seen you win other races against other experienced players. I may not have the proof, because back then I thought you were just like Demise, very good. Turns out it just your connection.

Oh boy, how we can't wait for you to get a new connection. Yeah!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lag Wasting   Lag Wasting - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2013, 8:40 am

Just so you know. There are other people with connections worse then me. But they don't know how to manipulate lag, and hence they aren't that good, or in your terms, it is easier to lag them. And by the way, racing has nothing to do with lag (Unless you forcefully hit the back of your opponent while racing, or the side, and get launched, which is YOUR fault in the end.) You cannot question or complain if I win a race.

Densy. A laggy connection isn't enough to make a player win. The player needs some sort of skill whatsoever to win. He needs to be clever, to know how to dodge etc. (I'm excluding myself so you guys don't start accusing me with BS.)

"Turns out it just your connection." Seriously bro?
It's all about that eh? I'm amazed.

~Steam
Back to top Go down
Dex
Half Life
Half Life

PostSubject: Re: Lag Wasting   Lag Wasting - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2013, 9:12 am

When I said that I could easily lag someone when racing, meant that I could easily get in front of them to lag them, or dirty race them when I was on a ONE bar connection. Yes, I do agree that you can use your lag to waste even though everyone is going faster than you, yes, you are quite skilled at that even though I never seen what it's like on your screen to know if you're lying or not. I do agree with you, that you do need skill to use your lag and to win with it, but I bet you it takes it takes only 20% of skill to beat someone using your connection. In fact, it'll probably take almost ALL of my skill just to give you 20% damage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lag Wasting   Lag Wasting - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2013, 9:55 am

Don't flatter yourself densy. While playing with players such as IP and Demise, and turbo too (when it comes to racing,) I have to put everything I've got in order to obtain the outcome I wish to obtain. If all of your skill would give me 20% damage. Then I bet all of you can possible give NO damage at all to a player like IP, who always red bars me when I'm playing him.
Back to top Go down
Dex
Half Life
Half Life

PostSubject: Re: Lag Wasting   Lag Wasting - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2013, 2:12 pm

I never played IP, but I did play Demise in a 1 v 1 and I did give him more than 60% damage until he wasted me, so the 20% thing was just a fail exaggeration about how I would damage you. But, it's still a fact that I have never severely damaged you in a game so I have no more proof whatsoever. We need to 1 v 1 each other soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lag Wasting   Lag Wasting - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2013, 2:20 pm

Whats your nickname on NFMM anyway? (I don't know you I think)
Back to top Go down
Psychopsilocybin
Cynically Insane
Cynically Insane
Psychopsilocybin
Number of posts : 21554

PostSubject: Re: Lag Wasting   Lag Wasting - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2013, 3:06 pm

He was CarbonFly, but he's Dexterity now.
Back to top Go down
Dex
Half Life
Half Life

PostSubject: Re: Lag Wasting   Lag Wasting - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jan 2013, 12:30 am

Psycho wrote:
He was CarbonFly, but he's Dexterity now.

He's right^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lag Wasting   Lag Wasting - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jan 2013, 1:02 am

Raza156 wrote:
I agree with you all. My lag isn't playable whatsoever. Maybe that does mean that I'm just a normal noob without any skill.

For me, you guys go faster even when I'm at full power, and hence, lag me and overtake me. This is the reason why I do good mostly in 1 vs 1 racing only.

Eh not true, you overtake me when I'm full power as well don't bs plz.

SinfulBliss wrote:
Raza's lag has no disadvantages
+1

Raza156 wrote:
Then I bet all of you can possible give NO damage at all to a player like IP, who always red bars me when I'm playing him.

I don't think you realize, we all DO hit you and see your car FLY HIGH , IP is a difficult player but I have seen him TAKE VERY HIGH damage against Demise it's PURE SKILL not connection.

Raza156 wrote:

A laggy connection isn't enough to make a player win. The player needs some sort of skill whatsoever to win.

Eh... The argument doesn't say you have ZERO skill, it's that your lagg gives you an unfair advantage against others.

Raza156 wrote:
Just so you know. There are other people with connections worse then me.

Those other "people" can't access nfmm due to their slow connection, I think it's fair to say yours is the worst.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lag Wasting   Lag Wasting - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lag Wasting

View previous topic View next topic Back to top