AIM Games
Welcome to the AIM Forums, the first Forum to ever be dedicated to Need For Madness!

To post a message/topic on the forums, you must REGISTER.

To REGISTER, click on the Button at the bottom of this message, or else at the top of the page. Without a user on these forums, you can only view some forums available to the public.

Have Fun and Feel free to ask/post anything here NFM related, or else just to chat. We have a chat-room at the bottom of this page, for only registered users to chat on though.
AIM Games
Welcome to the AIM Forums, the first Forum to ever be dedicated to Need For Madness!

To post a message/topic on the forums, you must REGISTER.

To REGISTER, click on the Button at the bottom of this message, or else at the top of the page. Without a user on these forums, you can only view some forums available to the public.

Have Fun and Feel free to ask/post anything here NFM related, or else just to chat. We have a chat-room at the bottom of this page, for only registered users to chat on though.
AIM Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official AIM Games Forums

HomeRegisterLog in
Announcements:
HTML has been disabled. I have been kind enough to allow customising of posts, but I guess it's either freedom or no freedom at all.
I am lazy to do Forum Awards this year.

Share | 

NFMM Time Trials

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Should we Add Custom stages in the TT's?
Yes
NFMM Time Trials - Page 11 I_vote_lcap29%NFMM Time Trials - Page 11 I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 6 ]
No
NFMM Time Trials - Page 11 I_vote_lcap71%NFMM Time Trials - Page 11 I_vote_rcap
 71% [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 21

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
iexrrr
Noob Owner
Noob Owner
iexrrr
Number of posts : 594

NFMM Time Trials - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFMM Time Trials   NFMM Time Trials - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 22 Aug 2014, 11:35 am

AIM username: iexrrr
Stage: Dances with Monsters
Time: 53.79 http://prntscr.com/4f9rrk
Car: Radical One
Back to top Go down
JackInTheBox
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
JackInTheBox
Number of posts : 2258

PostSubject: Re: NFMM Time Trials   NFMM Time Trials - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 22 Aug 2014, 11:45 am

Wtf how Aerial how
Not possible
Back to top Go down
Ultimato
Psychogenic
Psychogenic
Ultimato
Number of posts : 1533

PostSubject: Re: NFMM Time Trials   NFMM Time Trials - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 22 Aug 2014, 11:10 pm

SinfulBliss wrote:
I think we shouldn't count scores that don't appear on the leaderboard for obvious reasons. If your internet doesn't connect to the server, just don't do time trials.
No its not the internet, dragshot told me that the leaderboard only publishes times by game cars and game cars ONLY, which is funny because duel was hiding that and no leaderboard came up because he used a custom car.

This is different to internet, when I got a few times in the Philippines when I was on vacation the WiFi was so bad that at times it said there was an error and it could not connect to the server. (as seen in one of my previous posts on getting 56.00 on maximum overfly)
Back to top Go down
JackInTheBox
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
JackInTheBox

PostSubject: Re: NFMM Time Trials   NFMM Time Trials - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Aug 2014, 1:57 am

AIM Username: Jackster
Stage: The Gun Run
Time 56:81 http://prntscr.com/4fhvry 0.1millisecs behind Ulti
car:R1
Back to top Go down
JackInTheBox
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
JackInTheBox

PostSubject: Re: NFMM Time Trials   NFMM Time Trials - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Aug 2014, 2:37 am

Double Post Sorry
AIM Username: Jackster
Stage: The Gun Run
Time: 56:62 http://prntscr.com/4fi8we Just beat Shax
Car: R1
I could of edited other one but couldn't be bothered
Back to top Go down
iexrrr
Noob Owner
Noob Owner
iexrrr
Number of posts : 594

PostSubject: Re: NFMM Time Trials   NFMM Time Trials - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Aug 2014, 12:40 pm

AIM username: iexrrr
Stage: Arrested by the Man
Time: 18.34 http://prntscr.com/4flt7q
Car: Mighty Eight
Back to top Go down
AileronOwl
Collector
Collector
AileronOwl
Number of posts : 520

PostSubject: Re: NFMM Time Trials   NFMM Time Trials - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Aug 2014, 5:17 pm

AIM username: AileronOwl
Stage: The Introductory Stage (NFM1, Stage 1)
Time: 00:10.96 http://prntscr.com/4fnt5o
Car used: Radical One

This is late. Very late. So late...

-Aile
Back to top Go down
Ultimato
Psychogenic
Psychogenic
Ultimato

PostSubject: Re: NFMM Time Trials   NFMM Time Trials - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Aug 2014, 7:11 pm

Spoiler:

Image says all, I used Radical One

Back to top Go down
Duel
Nu Radical
Nu Radical
Duel
Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: NFMM Time Trials   NFMM Time Trials - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Aug 2014, 7:34 pm

DragShot wrote:
DuelFueler wrote:
Aim Name: DuelFueler
Stage When In danger just chillax
Time: 28.80
Spoiler:
Car: F7

No leaderboard? CUSTOM CAR DETECTED!

DuelFueler wrote:
Offtopic: how do you see the other leader board , or whatever.

Here for DS-addons: http://dscore.webcindario.com/ds-addons/highscores.php

And for this topic, watch the first page.

just realized that this picture was from like a month ago, Metro dont add it.
Back to top Go down
https://aimgames.forummotion.com/u3066
SinfulBliss
Mercenary
Mercenary
SinfulBliss
Number of posts : 1353

PostSubject: Re: NFMM Time Trials   NFMM Time Trials - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Aug 2014, 10:26 pm

Ultimato wrote:
No its not the internet, dragshot told me that the leaderboard only publishes times by game cars and game cars ONLY, which is funny because duel was hiding that and no leaderboard came up because he used a custom car.

Well since custom cars aren't allowed on Time Trials, that shouldn't be a problem.

Ultimato wrote:
This is different to internet, when I got a few times in the Philippines when I was on vacation the WiFi was so bad that at times it said there was an error and it could not connect to the server. (as seen in one of my previous posts on getting 56.00 on maximum overfly)

No, it's still internet. WiFi being bad just prevents you from having a constant connection to the internet, which could screw with your connection to the server. Anyway, I still hold by what I said earlier. We shouldn't count times that aren't recorded to the server. Why? Because then someone can simply hack their car's speed, d/c from internet, and keep trying until they get a time slow enough to pass as legit, but fast enough to medal.

Why does d/c'ing from the internet help? Because if for example, I hack my speed and finish G&M in 28 seconds, the server would record that time, and everyone would know I would have hacked. Then all my times would be thrown out. However, if I d/c'd from my internet, I could keep redoing the stage until I get a time that's more acceptable. It wouldn't matter if I got 28 seconds then, because the server would be blind to it. Then I could just screencap the time and say "oh ya internet broke sux plz update topic kthx" and wham, I just got a medal.

I'm not saying anyone's that yet (I don't think anyone has), but it can easily be done. So we shouldn't count times not on Dragshot's server.
Back to top Go down
Ultimato
Psychogenic
Psychogenic
Ultimato

PostSubject: Re: NFMM Time Trials   NFMM Time Trials - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Aug 2014, 10:58 pm

SinfulBliss wrote:
Ultimato wrote:

Well since custom cars aren't allowed on Time Trials, that shouldn't be a problem.

Ultimato wrote:

No, it's still internet. WiFi being bad just prevents you from having a constant connection to the internet, which could screw with your connection to the server. Anyway, I still hold by what I said earlier. We shouldn't count times that aren't recorded to the server. Why? Because then someone can simply hack their car's speed, d/c from internet, and keep trying until they get a time slow enough to pass as legit, but fast enough to medal.

Why does d/c'ing from the internet help? Because if for example, I hack my speed and finish G&M in 28 seconds, the server would record that time, and everyone would know I would have hacked. Then all my times would be thrown out. However, if I d/c'd from my internet, I could keep redoing the stage until I get a time that's more acceptable. It wouldn't matter if I got 28 seconds then, because the server would be blind to it. Then I could just screencap the time and say "oh ya internet broke sux plz update topic kthx" and wham, I just got a medal.

I'm not saying anyone's that yet (I don't think anyone has), but it can easily be done. So we shouldn't count times not on Dragshot's server.

I hope you're not discretely saying you think you shouldn't count my time from Maximum Overfly, because I'm the only one that's actually had that problem when its said there was an error from what I've seen so far, I worked real hard to get that time for hours and I would never even think of hacking just to get a good time on time trials... I'm not saying you're accusing me at all if that's what you're thinking while reading but it feels like it.

As far as I know Phyrexian is the only one who knows how to hack NFMM but even he wouldn't hack to get good times. I'm getting the feeling you're beginning to be very suspicious about hacking and stuff recently...

SinfulBliss wrote:

Well for me it was, the internet connection in the Philippines isn't particularly the most stable around there... >.> I've gotten multiple errors when I was here on vacation because of how bad the signal/WiFi was, it wasn't just once or twice, it kept happening.
Back to top Go down
Phyrexian
True Gamer
True Gamer
Phyrexian
Number of posts : 3597

PostSubject: Re: NFMM Time Trials   NFMM Time Trials - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Aug 2014, 11:43 pm

Ultimato wrote:
SinfulBliss wrote:
Ultimato wrote:

Ultimato wrote:

I hope you're not discretely saying you think you shouldn't count my time from Maximum Overfly, because I'm the only one that's actually had that problem when its said there was an error from what I've seen so far, I worked real hard to get that time for hours and I would never even think of hacking just to get a good time on time trials... I'm not saying you're accusing me at all if that's what you're thinking while reading but it feels like it.

As far as I know Phyrexian is the only one who knows how to hack NFMM but even he wouldn't hack to get good times. I'm getting the feeling you're beginning to be very suspicious about hacking and stuff recently...

SinfulBliss wrote:

Well for me it was, the internet connection in the Philippines isn't particularly the most stable around there... >.> I've gotten multiple errors when I was here on vacation because of how bad the signal/WiFi was, it wasn't just once or twice, it kept happening.
I thought I might just throw in that if someone really wanted to hack times then what you suggested wouldn't stop them at all... there are several ways of going about doing it, not just speedhacking. And even with speedhacks... well, you could just do insanely fast speedhacks for the first 3 CPs, then turn them off, get close to the last CP and then just wait until you get something like 30.xx and then just cross the last CP.

Honestly, the only way you can prevent hackers is only taking recordings, but even that is not 100% reliable (unless you carefully check the recording for any signs of acceleration, grip, turn, handbrake etc. edits and also pay attention to the timer syncing with the video etc etc...), but as we know not everyone can or wants to record their times, so that pretty much sums it up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PhyrexianNFM
Dex
Half Life
Half Life

Number of posts : 1770

PostSubject: Re: NFMM Time Trials   NFMM Time Trials - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Aug 2014, 12:07 am

In other words, DS's new time TT saving system defeats the purpose of this thread? If not, then Metrophis would have to look at every single stage's time trial log and update the thread that way. Personally, I think that would save a lot of posting-your-time on this thread process, and would save Metrophis a hell of a lot of time by simply looking at the server's scoreboard and updating them that way.

SinfulBliss wrote:
We shouldn't count times that aren't recorded to the server. Why? Because then someone can simply hack their car's speed, d/c from internet, and keep trying until they get a time slow enough to pass as legit, but fast enough to medal.

I agree. It's easy to edit your screenshot of your time and/or hack your GC's speed in single player. Plus, it would be obvious to us if DS's log said that someone got a time of 50:00 in Gun Run that it was hacked, for instance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFMM Time Trials   NFMM Time Trials - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NFMM Time Trials

View previous topic View next topic Back to top