AIM Games
Welcome to the AIM Forums, the first Forum to ever be dedicated to Need For Madness!

To post a message/topic on the forums, you must REGISTER.

To REGISTER, click on the Button at the bottom of this message, or else at the top of the page. Without a user on these forums, you can only view some forums available to the public.

Have Fun and Feel free to ask/post anything here NFM related, or else just to chat. We have a chat-room at the bottom of this page, for only registered users to chat on though.

The Official AIM Games Forums

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:
If the entity known as "kyoto" disturbs you in the slightest, forward all your concerns to the admin. Drama is not welcome on the forum, and neither are echoes.

Share | 

2v2 Wasting Tournament - Summer 2016

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tronik
Half Life
Half Life

Number of posts : 1969

PostSubject: 2v2 Wasting Tournament - Summer 2016   Tue 28 Jun 2016, 6:15 pm

2v2 Wasting Tournamanet

Hello fellow players. Welcome to the 2v2 Wasting Tournament topic! In this tournament, players will enter in teams of 2 and face off in several wasting matches in order to advance and take home the gold! Earlier this year, I hosted a tournament identical to this one. However, several issues caused the tournament to be closed, the main issue being inactivity among the tournament players. Now that it is summer, I figured I would re-open this tournament, with a few adjustments to ensure this tournament is successful! To see the results of the discontinued tournament, click here.

This tournament will be played bracket-style, similar to Phyrexian's Racing Tournament 2015. However, instead of playing 1 on 1 racing, players will have a chance to work together with a teammate of their choice in wasting! Good luck, and I hope to see you all as this tournament progresses!

Rules

• Absolutely no hacking or cheating is allowed. If you suspect your competitor of hacking or cheating, please send evidence to RAD1. If enough evidence is provided, the player who has hacked or cheated will forfeit the tournament, and your team will move on. This strictly includes suspicious damage intake and other movements.
  • All games are No Fixing.
  • All games will be No Scenery.
  • M A S H E E N, Formula 7, and Nimi are forbidden.
  • Wasting Only! Finishing the race will result in a forfeit, and a win to the opposing team.
  • Going out of the field is permitted ONLY UPON STRATEGIC USE. However, it is FORBIDDEN to continuously accelerate away from the stage. Meaning, you MUST return immediately after performing your desired maneuvers. Overuse of this, however, will result in a forfeit.
  • If you have to do something, meaning you have to, "be right back," THEN DC! DO NOT STAY OUT OF THE STAGE AND WHAT-NOT.
  • No substitutes are allowed. Choose your partner wisely!
  • If a person disconnects at the START of a game EVERYONE MUST DISCONNECT and the match will be restarted. However, this may not apply if a person disconnects in the middle of a match. Max 2 restarts per game (per team).
  • The use of third-party software to enhance gameplay, such as VPNs to change your lag trail, or give you certain advantages that aren't accessible in a regular client are strictly forbidden. DS addons and Phy addons are the only exceptions.

Additional Rules

• [NEW!] Your teammate must be within 2 timezones of you, either ahead or behind. This will help with arranging play times.*
  • [NEW!] I will be arranging the times and dates of each of the matches. The times and dates will be communicated on this topic, through private messages, etc. However, if the players would prefer to arrange the matches before the assigned time and date, they may.
  • Screenshots and/or recordings must be submitted on this topic to confirm the results of each match.
  • The server should be determined by the players. If a server cannot be agreed upon, please contact me with your delay information, and I will determine a server.
  • If a pair of teams have not completed their matches by the assigned deadline, I will use my best judgement to advance one of the teams.
  • Check this topic often for updates and deadlines.
  • Use the tracks specified below (based on what round you are playing). The team to reach the amount of wins required for the round advances.

* Note: Exceptions may be granted for players who are extremely active and time-flexible.

The Teams

• TronikOwl (Tronik + AileronOwl)
  • Ogre (Gare + Loaf)
  • Versalutionary (Versatile + Evolutionary)
  • UltiZuka (Ultimato + ToaZuka)
  • Crystaadu (Crystal + Aadu)
  • Sparuko (Spark + Zuko)
  • Scarise (Scarce + Demise)

The Bracket

Bracket will be announced after all teams have been entered.

The Tracks

Round 1 - Top 16 - First to 2 wins
The Introductory Stage
Do The Snake Dance
Contrary To Popular Belief

Round 2 - Top 8 - First to 3 wins
Twisted Revenge
Digger's Revenge
Arrested by the Man
Majestic Duty
The Garden of the King

Round 3 - Semifinals - First to 3 wins
He Is Coming For You Next
Centrifugal Rush, Under Water?
When In Danger Just Chill Out
Let the Dream Begin
Introductory Stage

Round 4 - Finals - First to 4 wins
Do The Snake Dance
Digger's Revenge
Majestic Duty
Arrested by the Man
Introductory Stage
The Mad Party

Round 5 - Bronze Match - First to 4 wins
Do The Snake Dance
Digger's Revenge
Majestic Duty
Arrested by the Man
Introductory Stage
The Mad Party

Updates and Deadlines

6/28/2016 - Tournament re-opened!

Application

Code:

[b][u]Team Name (Combination of player names):[/u][/b]
[b][u]Player 1 Username:[/u][/b]
[b][u]Player 1 Timezone:[/u][/b]
[b][u]Player 2 Username:[/u][/b]
[b][u]Player 2 Timezone:[/u][/b]
[b][u]Team Colors:[/u][/b]
[b][u]Has your partner agreed to play with you?[/u][/b]
[b][u]Are you and your partner active enough to take part in this tournament?[/u][/b]
[b][u]Have you read and accepted all of the rules?[/u][/b]

Awards and Winners

To be announced.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please post them here or send me a private message. I look forward to this tournament being a great success!

Last edited by R1 on Wed 13 Jul 2016, 5:59 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gare
Owned Gamer
Owned Gamer

Number of posts : 104

PostSubject: Re: 2v2 Wasting Tournament - Summer 2016   Tue 28 Jun 2016, 9:05 pm

Team Name (Combination of player names): Ogre
Player 1 Username: Gare
Player 1 Timezone: GMT+1
Player 2 Username: Loaf
Player 2 Timezone: GMT+1
Team Colors: Dark Purple + Dark Green
Has your partner agreed to play with you? Yes because inseperable twins since birth
Are you and your partner active enough to take part in this tournament? I'm available since I've got summer holidays now, loaf has his on the 7th of july but we should be fine
Have you read and accepted all of the rules? Ye
Back to top Go down
Tronik
Half Life
Half Life

PostSubject: Re: 2v2 Wasting Tournament - Summer 2016   Tue 28 Jun 2016, 9:21 pm

Teams Ogre and TronikOwl have been added. 2/16.
Back to top Go down
Iridescent
King Of Fools
King Of Fools

Number of posts : 671

PostSubject: Re: 2v2 Wasting Tournament - Summer 2016   Tue 28 Jun 2016, 11:25 pm

Team Name (Combination of player names): Versalutionary
Player 1 Username: Versatile
Player 1 Timezone: PDT
Player 2 Username: Evolutionary
Player 2 Timezone: EDT
Team Colors: Hot Pink
Has your partner agreed to play with you? Yeah
Are you and your partner active enough to take part in this tournament? Yeah.
Have you read and accepted all of the rules? Yes.
Back to top Go down
Strateqize
Hidden Agenda
Hidden Agenda

Number of posts : 10113

PostSubject: Re: 2v2 Wasting Tournament - Summer 2016   Tue 28 Jun 2016, 11:29 pm

Team Name (Combination of player names): Two of a Kind
Player 1 Username: ToaZuka
Player 1 Timezone: EST
Player 2 Username: Ultimato
Player 2 Timezone: GMT
Team Colors: Silver + Ice Blue
Has your partner agreed to play with you? Yes, click here for proof.
Are you and your partner active enough to take part in this tournament? Yes. Also, the rules state that your partner has to be within 2 timezones, however both of us are active enough.
Back to top Go down
Tronik
Half Life
Half Life

PostSubject: Re: 2v2 Wasting Tournament - Summer 2016   Tue 28 Jun 2016, 11:48 pm

ToaZuka wrote:
Team Name (Combination of player names): Two of a Kind
Player 1 Username: ToaZuka
Player 1 Timezone: EST
Player 2 Username: Ultimato
Player 2 Timezone: GMT
Team Colors: Silver + Ice Blue
Has your partner agreed to play with you? Yes, click here for proof.
Are you and your partner active enough to take part in this tournament? Yes. Also, the rules state that your partner has to be within 2 timezones, however both of us are active enough.

Unless you are available 24 hours a day, choosing a teammate near your timezone would be preferred to help with scheduling. (4 diverse timezones would prove to be difficult to coordinate).

Versalutionary has been added.
Back to top Go down
Strateqize
Hidden Agenda
Hidden Agenda

PostSubject: Re: 2v2 Wasting Tournament - Summer 2016   Tue 28 Jun 2016, 11:55 pm

R1 wrote:
Unless you are available 24 hours a day, choosing a teammate near your timezone would be preferred to help with scheduling. (4 diverse timezones would prove to be difficult to coordinate).

Summer break just started for me so I will be available pretty much any time of the day. We can plan our matches against our opponents on weekends so it is more likely for everyone to show up.
Back to top Go down
Tronik
Half Life
Half Life

PostSubject: Re: 2v2 Wasting Tournament - Summer 2016   Wed 29 Jun 2016, 9:36 pm

ToaZuka wrote:
R1 wrote:

Summer break just started for me so I will be available pretty much any time of the day. We can plan our matches against our opponents on weekends so it is more likely for everyone to show up.

I will allow this, only because I know both of you are active and easy to contact.

UltiZuka has been added. 4/16.
Back to top Go down
Strateqize
Hidden Agenda
Hidden Agenda

PostSubject: Re: 2v2 Wasting Tournament - Summer 2016   Thu 30 Jun 2016, 12:06 am

R1 wrote:

Our name is Two of a Kind, not "UltiZuka". We do not prefer to combine our names together.
Back to top Go down
Tronik
Half Life
Half Life

PostSubject: Re: 2v2 Wasting Tournament - Summer 2016   Thu 30 Jun 2016, 3:18 am

ToaZuka wrote:
R1 wrote:

Our name is Two of a Kind, not "UltiZuka". We do not prefer to combine our names together.

The team name is meant as a simplified way of stating the team members. I do not intend to use the team name on the awards. I prefer to keep it simple, and not complicate the teams by having 16 unique team names which do not correspond to the team members' names.

If you would prefer a different combination of the names Ultimato and ToaZuka, I will change the team name. Otherwise, the current team name stands.

EDIT:

One of the previous rules has been updated.

Original rule wrote:
  • It is up to the teams to agree upon when and where they will play their matches. You may use private messages, use this topic, or ask me to arrange a time and date."

Updated rule wrote:
  • I will be arranging the times and dates of each of the matches. The times and dates will be communicated on this topic, through private messages, etc. However, if the players would prefer to arrange the matches before the assigned time and date, they may.
Back to top Go down
Aadu
Janitor
Janitor

Number of posts : 89

PostSubject: Re: 2v2 Wasting Tournament - Summer 2016   Thu 30 Jun 2016, 2:36 pm

Team Name (Combination of player names):Crystaadu
Player 1 Username:Crystal
Player 1 Timezone: GMT +8
Player 2 Username: Aadu (hydroxic)
Player 2 Timezone: GMT +5:30
Team Colors: White
Has your partner agreed to play with you? Yes
Are you and your partner active enough to take part in this tournament? Yes
Have you read and accepted all of the rules? Yes

Last edited by Aadu on Sat 09 Jul 2016, 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tronik
Half Life
Half Life

PostSubject: Re: 2v2 Wasting Tournament - Summer 2016   Thu 30 Jun 2016, 4:28 pm

Crystaadu has been added. 5/16
Back to top Go down
Zuko
Computer Freak
Computer Freak

Number of posts : 997

PostSubject: Re: 2v2 Wasting Tournament - Summer 2016   Fri 01 Jul 2016, 10:17 pm

Team Name (Combination of player names): Sparuko
Player 1 Username: Zuko
Player 1 Timezone: GMT +5
Player 2 Username: Spark
Player 2 Timezone: GMT +5:30
Team Colors: Dark Green + Purple
Has your partner agreed to play with you? Yes.
Are you and your partner active enough to take part in this tournament?Yes.
Back to top Go down
Rulue
King Of Fools
King Of Fools

Number of posts : 714

PostSubject: Re: 2v2 Wasting Tournament - Summer 2016   Sat 02 Jul 2016, 12:54 am

Team Name (Combination of player names): Shadow Monks
Player 1 Username: Rulue
Player 2 Username: H3ArTLesS
Player 2 Timezone: EST
Team Colors: Cyan + White
Are you and your partner active enough to take part in this tournament? Yes, of course.
Have you read and accepted all of the rules? Yes, of course.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi8qdIWgecCkOgCpK_DmX_g
SkyBullet
Noob
Noob

Number of posts : 26

PostSubject: Re: 2v2 Wasting Tournament - Summer 2016   Sat 02 Jul 2016, 2:25 am

@Rulue wrote:
Are you and your partner active enough to take part in this tournament? Yes, of course.

I want to do play in tournaments, what should I do?
Back to top Go down
Strateqize
Hidden Agenda
Hidden Agenda

PostSubject: Re: 2v2 Wasting Tournament - Summer 2016   Sat 02 Jul 2016, 3:54 am

@SkyBullet wrote:

You need to drink this:

Back to top Go down
SkyBullet
Noob
Noob

Number of posts : 26

PostSubject: Re: 2v2 Wasting Tournament - Summer 2016   Sun 03 Jul 2016, 3:40 am

ToaZuka wrote:
@SkyBullet wrote:

You need to drink this:

Ah I see....... I think I'll go with EXTRA concentrated for better results. Know where I can find it?
Back to top Go down
Tronik
Half Life
Half Life

PostSubject: Re: 2v2 Wasting Tournament - Summer 2016   Tue 05 Jul 2016, 5:35 am

@Rulue wrote:

Your teammate is too far away from your timezone. Please find a teammate closer to your timezone.

Sparuko has been added. 6/16.

Also, considering reducing the maximum amount of teams.
Back to top Go down
REVolution
Code Thief

Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: 2v2 Wasting Tournament - Summer 2016   Wed 13 Jul 2016, 4:19 am

Someone contact Turm to be on my team and ill renew my nfmm account, it is not full yet so I want in. If Turm isn't with me, then ill take anyone, I honeslty don't care.
Back to top Go down
REVolution
Code Thief

Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: 2v2 Wasting Tournament - Summer 2016   Wed 13 Jul 2016, 4:21 am

Someone contact Turm to be on my team and ill renew my nfmm account, it is not full yet so I want in. If Turm isn't with me, then ill take anyone, I honeslty don't care. Once I get someone ill fill out everything, just want to make sure I get my broke ass in atleast one tourney. (BTW IF U HAVE XB1 AND OVERWATCH TELL MEH!)
Back to top Go down
Tronik
Half Life
Half Life

PostSubject: Re: 2v2 Wasting Tournament - Summer 2016   Wed 13 Jul 2016, 5:59 am

Scarise has been added. 7/16.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2v2 Wasting Tournament - Summer 2016   Today at 12:58 pm

Back to top Go down

2v2 Wasting Tournament - Summer 2016

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AIM Games :: Need For Madness :: NFM Discussion :: Activities! :: Tournaments-