AIM Games
Welcome to the AIM Forums, the first Forum to ever be dedicated to Need For Madness!

To post a message/topic on the forums, you must REGISTER.

To REGISTER, click on the Button at the bottom of this message, or else at the top of the page. Without a user on these forums, you can only view some forums available to the public.

Have Fun and Feel free to ask/post anything here NFM related, or else just to chat. We have a chat-room at the bottom of this page, for only registered users to chat on though.


The Official AIM Games Forums
 
HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in
Announcements:
HTML has been disabled. I have been kind enough to allow customising of posts, but I guess it's either freedom or no freedom at all.
I am lazy to do Forum Awards this year.

Share | 
 

 Do you want NFMM to survive?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kyoto
Owned Gamer
Owned Gamer
avatar
Number of posts : 128

Age : 15
Join Date : 2016-04-06

PostSubject: Do you want NFMM to survive?   Sat 26 Nov 2016, 3:19 am

so here is big problem..

<b>shared pass & leaked accounts</b>

too many people using leaked and shared account now - obvious that some of these are known players, not noob...
because they know game level well & troll the same lame insults as known player, but use mask..

problem is if nobody renews account - game will die, simple

i encourage people to be brave & have own identity.. don't be sheep

if you're reading this then you care about game .. support it =.=
Back to top Go down
Raza156
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
avatar
Number of posts : 2070

Age : 21
Join Date : 2013-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Do you want NFMM to survive?   Sat 26 Nov 2016, 4:18 am

Agreed 110%. Shared accounts cause all the problems.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rainymood.com
superia
Amateur
Amateur
avatar
Number of posts : 68

Age : 29
Join Date : 2015-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Do you want NFMM to survive?   Sat 26 Nov 2016, 7:28 am

The best solution is to get rid of Kyoto if you want the game to survive.
Back to top Go down
InhumanPwnage

"MeltGreen" stars
avatar
Number of posts : 2877

Age : 24
Join Date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Do you want NFMM to survive?   Sat 26 Nov 2016, 1:56 pm

kyoto wrote:
<b>shared pass & leaked accounts</b>

kyoto wrote:
too many people using leaked and shared account now - obvious that some of these are known players, not noob... because they know game level well & troll the same lame insults as known player, but use mask..

This "problem" was there from the beginning.

kyoto wrote:
problem is if nobody renews account - game will die, simple

The lack of updates and unstable servers are making people move towards more functional and engaging games, not personal anonymity. There will always be anonymity wherever you browse.

kyoto wrote:
i encourage people to be brave & have own identity.. don't be sheep

Being a sheep is to follow what the big boss says (in this case, buying accounts).

Doing your own thing and having your own agenda, is not being a sheep.

kyoto wrote:
if you're reading this then you care about game .. support it =.=

I'm interested in what this topic has to say, as I'm an admin. Not the game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dreamhunt.net
kyoto
Owned Gamer
Owned Gamer
avatar
Number of posts : 128

Age : 15
Join Date : 2016-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Do you want NFMM to survive?   Sat 26 Nov 2016, 4:35 pm

<b>
InhumanPwnage wrote:


This "problem" was there from the beginning.
</b>

i don't know but it's as bad as i've ever seen it now.. sometimes just 1 player vs maybe 6 user with same names.
2 reasons same account:

1 - for free user account
2 - to troll

<b>
InhumanPwnage wrote:

The lack of updates and unstable servers are making people move towards more functional and engaging games, not personal anonymity. There will always be anonymity wherever you browse.
</b>

annonymous is OK - & lots of interesting stages and cars made by talented people help things. maybe people don't like but when i make stages i try to make them as a group of stages so they can be played together, with a theme.
but logging into account just to troll or insult is boring. if got something to say? say it under your real username or stfu.. don't be pu$$y who hides behind faceless account.

<b>
InhumanPwnage wrote:
Being a sheep is to follow what the big boss says (in this case, buying accounts).
</b>
well said IP.. good idea! - nobody should buy accounts! clap clap =.=

<b>
InhumanPwnage wrote:
Doing your own thing and having your own agenda, is not being a sheep.
</b>
<b>i agree, be individual..</b> but who is doing their own thing by log into the same account? & also yes using same account is like sheep, not because they follow, (most bad attitude) but because they all look the same.. no identity, faceless


InhumanPwnage wrote:
I'm interested in what this topic has to say, as I'm an admin. Not the game.
really? are you sure? =.= cos it <b>kinda</b> looks like you're try to disagree with every point i made.. 0.=


as i said, there are users who have full accounts but use the leaked one to troll - very obvious.. ZigZag for example like to show off & login to show people.. but many hide behind different account.. look at Bomb / slash123 / AggressioN - all same player...


i think fine if you want to share account and swap name with friend is OK.. but it is become problem when people are choosing not to register because they can play for free - they obviously like the game.. so get account..

<b>that's why i think it's good idea to have a 2 login limit for each username</b> ✌

i know some people will agree with me, but even agree, most probably won't speak out because it's me that is saying, but hey...la lala

♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Back to top Go down
Hasher90
Psychogenic
Psychogenic
avatar
Number of posts : 1492

Age : 19
Join Date : 2014-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Do you want NFMM to survive?   Sat 26 Nov 2016, 9:10 pm

I don't want to play devil's advocate here but some of this stuff doesn't make sense.

You talk about well-known 'aliases' using the leaked accounts, yet you are saying they are using them because they do not want to renew their accounts and financially support the game. These 'aliases' have obviously aided the game in some way, otherwise there wouldn't be the suspected ZigZag or Bomb etc. roaming around the game in the first place. People have supported this game for years; not just with money but through making editions of the game, cars, stages... hell, you're looking at a page from an NFM community forum. Yeah, you get the odd few who don't want to play by the rules but, on the gamer side of the works, NFM is more than supported.

No matter what 'alias' people are using, trolls are trolls. Every now and again, someone is going to log into NFMM and spread their spam like butter. If basic common sense is used and you don't feed the troll or acknowledge them in any way, then they'll go within time. After all, it is you who ultimately controls and chooses what your experience is like in the game. If a troll tries to provoke you, just ignore 'em. If a hacker starts to irritate you (not all hackers do IMO but nonetheless), create a private game or wait until they pass. Simple!

Remember, there are other uses for 'leaked' accounts. Most top-end clans have a shared clan account that they can use whenever someone needs to participate in a clan war but cannot renew their account at that time, therefore a two login limit may not be as suitable as you might think.

And on a side note, use 'masqueraders' instead of 'sheep'. People might use leaked accounts to basically mess around with in NFMM and not get tracked, but they do have their own reasons for doing so. They are not just being influenced by one another. Also, these leaked accounts aren't as publicly open as you might think, otherwise we would see plenty more freeloaders taking advantage of these accounts.
Back to top Go down
kyoto
Owned Gamer
Owned Gamer
avatar
Number of posts : 128

Age : 15
Join Date : 2016-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Do you want NFMM to survive?   Sat 26 Nov 2016, 9:41 pm

Hasher90 wrote:
I don't want to play devil's advocate here but some of this stuff doesn't make sense.

You talk about well-known 'aliases' using the leaked accounts, yet you are saying they are using them because they do not want to renew their accounts and financially support the game.

this is good post ^

what i mean is there are 2 different main reasons for fake account:

1 - troll and be "naughty" without using real username..
2 - free account

you look my posts & you see i praise people for contributing to the game.. do very good job..

if user uses fake account but continue to use normal account also, then fine.. have fun being fake & trolling..
problem is, & i know of a few old users who not renew account because they share instead..

i can understand, troll want to have fun.. "annonymously" bomb, uw, etc.. but need players also renew & not rely on fake account - a trend that seems to be increasing.

"masqueraders" is good name haha .. could be clan name for fake berus & toxicgamers..

& btw, who tf is superia? i never remember this name from nfmm =.= only troll me when i post on here, weird ... ^.^

as for clan sharing name.. maybe each clan get (10 members max?) and username even when same can be identified but username + number or color coded?

Oh K 0.=
Back to top Go down
Silent
Ownage Elite
Ownage Elite
avatar
Number of posts : 4090

Age : 16
Join Date : 2012-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Do you want NFMM to survive?   Sat 26 Nov 2016, 10:28 pm

You need to expand your research before you encapsulate your conclusions about this game and slapping in whatever you have in this post. Regurgitating your evidences and arguments isn't going to sound very convincing to others.

As IP has mentioned already, this case was here from the very beginning. Trolls will be trolls, and there is nothing you can do to stop it, try going on in any game and you'll still find trolls. The community has suggested to you more than enough to ignore these trolls. You retaliating against them certainly does not mean that you are making the situation any better.

Some players including myself cannot afford to buy an account. As the expiry of an account comes, we cannot simply just renew it due to some circumstances and we spend money for better reasons and necessities. I think you might want to change the word 'fake' to 'leaked', as it seems that the term 'aliases' is a vexation to you. Try looking into more reasons as to why people use other people's accounts to play.

As much as you say you praise others for contributing to the game, you sometimes contradict yourself, unless if you were being sarcastic here. You once thought that certain individuals were trying to kick you when they didn't, you also trick yourself to lash at 'trolls', and that triggers you even more since you don't ignore them.

I must admit to you, I do not and I will not lie to you, because I personally want to see the best of you. I am not saying that you are the problem here, but I want you to realize what the reality of multiplayer games are like. I'm sorry to be so harsh on you, and I really mean it. I do not tend to type so gratingly, but I will make this clear to you:

You aren't afraid of us, but the truth, Kyoto. The truth, the reality of the environment of multiplayer games. Fully fathom what multiplayer games are like, and acclimate to it.
Back to top Go down
kyoto
Owned Gamer
Owned Gamer
avatar
Number of posts : 128

Age : 15
Join Date : 2016-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Do you want NFMM to survive?   Sat 26 Nov 2016, 10:48 pm

Silent wrote:
You need to expand your research before you encapsulate your conclusions about this game and slapping in whatever you have in this post.

i see it every day.. & experience for long time .. no further research needed 0.0

Silent wrote:
You aren't afraid of us


of course, why would i be?

Silent wrote:
You once thought that certain individuals were trying to kick you when they didn't

<b>don't start me on that.. i have "expand my research" as you put it - that it's black & white.. i could anytime name & shame a few, with evidence.. some people may even be surprised</b> 0.=

look, this has nothing to do with me being bullied etc.. whatever - @ssholes (you know who you are) gonna be @ssholes K, they will get themself hurt in real life.. & it's sad but true.. i can handle trolls.. evil takes care of itself..

i'm just sharing my POV because the game looks like it's dying to the extent that i believed the "fake Omar" post in game chat.. it's not that big a lie..

i DO realize money is not easy.. i agree with you there.. i don't have much money either but people can play 5 games,right? and as i mention lots of times maybe can share username with 2 people is good idea.. can half the price & 1 username each 0.0

i try to highlight problem in game for everyone to consider.. that's all.. no argues, no drama..

x the entity x





Back to top Go down
SinfulBliss
Computer Freak
Computer Freak
avatar
Number of posts : 1182

Age : 24
Join Date : 2013-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Do you want NFMM to survive?   Sun 27 Nov 2016, 2:14 am

NFMM isn't becoming increasingly inactive because of people sharing accounts. It's becoming increasingly inactive because Omar isn't updating, advertising, and keeping the game exciting.

Is it immoral to share accounts? Maybe. Is it Omar's fault accounts can be shared? Definitely. He obviously knows people share accounts, but he chooses not to set up preventative measures. This tells us Omar doesn't care enough about the few people who share accounts to prevent it.

The game is really cheap. There should be no reason why someone can't spend the required $12/year, unless they just want to get something for free. Same reason pirating is popular. It's not moral, and it's not right, but it's done anyway.

I don't think it's particularly bad to get on a shared account for wars every few weeks, but it becomes a problem when people constantly use someone's account to just bypass having to pay for one their own. Again, not enough of a problem for Omar to fix, so in the end it doesn't matter.
Back to top Go down
superia
Amateur
Amateur
avatar
Number of posts : 68

Age : 29
Join Date : 2015-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Do you want NFMM to survive?   Sun 27 Nov 2016, 11:30 am

We do not have to use common sense when we talk to a 7 year old kid. Why do you even bother to type that much even if she won't understand anything you said.
Back to top Go down
kyoto
Owned Gamer
Owned Gamer
avatar
Number of posts : 128

Age : 15
Join Date : 2016-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Do you want NFMM to survive?   Sun 27 Nov 2016, 2:41 pm

SinfulBliss wrote:
NFMM isn't becoming increasingly inactive because of people sharing accounts. It's becoming increasingly inactive because Omar isn't updating, advertising, and keeping the game exciting.

Is it immoral to share accounts? Maybe. Is it Omar's fault accounts can be shared? Definitely. He obviously knows people share accounts, but he chooses not to set up preventative measures. This tells us Omar doesn't care enough about the few people who share accounts to prevent it.

The game is really cheap. There should be no reason why someone can't spend the required $12/year, unless they just want to get something for free. Same reason pirating is popular. It's not moral, and it's not right, but it's done anyway.

I don't think it's particularly bad to get on a shared account for wars every few weeks, but it becomes a problem when people constantly use someone's account to just bypass having to pay for one their own. Again, not enough of a problem for Omar to fix, so in the end it doesn't matter.

good opinion ^

i agree updates would be helpful too & even things like new parts / ramps / holes etc,, anything new.. could be good..

it's Omar i guess who loses money by less register people,, maybe he has too much money haha =.=
Back to top Go down
Crackharrow
Ownage Elite
Ownage Elite
avatar
Number of posts : 4220

Age : 16
Join Date : 2013-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Do you want NFMM to survive?   Sun 27 Nov 2016, 3:46 pm

Bullies and shared accounts have existed since the release of this game, if you're not aware. I've been one to use them as well. The game was just then becoming popular. It was clear that it was going to be improved and polished on. We got the car maker, the stage maker, profiles and whatnot. Aside from the reasons stated by the others above, I do hope you are aware that Omar is in the process of creating a new game. He doesn't have the time to make anymore changes to NFMM. Money doesn't have much to do with this.
Back to top Go down
Skull
Computer Freak
Computer Freak
avatar
Number of posts : 1015

Age : 42
Join Date : 2013-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Do you want NFMM to survive?   Sun 27 Nov 2016, 6:15 pm

Poor planning from omar on NFMM, short fall in the security aspects and outdated features. Seems very amateurish and poor planned a project. I rather blame the developer for not preventing the leakage and sharing of accounts, could have imposed the same way network login accounts were controlled in any company.
Back to top Go down
SinfulBliss
Computer Freak
Computer Freak
avatar
Number of posts : 1182

Age : 24
Join Date : 2013-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Do you want NFMM to survive?   Sun 27 Nov 2016, 9:37 pm

Crackharrow wrote:
I do hope you are aware that Omar is in the process of creating a new game. He doesn't have the time to make anymore changes to NFMM. Money doesn't have much to do with this.

I think money has everything to do with this. If Omar was making a ton of money off of NFMM, he wouldn't feel the need to create another game. The reason Omar is working on his other game instead of NFMM is because he believes he can make more money with it than NFMM.

Like I've said before, this also means that if Omar's new game doesn't make much money, there's a chance Omar will come back and revamp NFMM.
Back to top Go down
kyoto
Owned Gamer
Owned Gamer
avatar
Number of posts : 128

Age : 15
Join Date : 2016-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Do you want NFMM to survive?   Sun 27 Nov 2016, 10:17 pm

interesting ^

what kind of game is the new game btw?
Back to top Go down
Skull
Computer Freak
Computer Freak
avatar
Number of posts : 1015

Age : 42
Join Date : 2013-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Do you want NFMM to survive?   Mon 28 Nov 2016, 12:19 am

Demise is absolutely right, its all about money. Frankly It will take some time for Omar to return to NFMM if there is a possibility. He has a dev team now so probably he will set objectives for them to finish the new game, maintain it and then start the NFMM new from 2017-2018.
Back to top Go down
Crackharrow
Ownage Elite
Ownage Elite
avatar
Number of posts : 4220

Age : 16
Join Date : 2013-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Do you want NFMM to survive?   Mon 28 Nov 2016, 5:21 am

SinfulBliss wrote:
Crackharrow wrote:
I do hope you are aware that Omar is in the process of creating a new game. He doesn't have the time to make anymore changes to NFMM. Money doesn't have much to do with this.

I think money has everything to do with this. If Omar was making a ton of money off of NFMM, he wouldn't feel the need to create another game. The reason Omar is working on his other game instead of NFMM is because he believes he can make more money with it than NFMM.

Like I've said before, this also means that if Omar's new game doesn't make much money, there's a chance Omar will come back and revamp NFMM.
Alwright, that would make perfect sense.

kyoto wrote:
what kind of game is the new game btw?
It's a game titled "War of Worlds". There's a small snapshot of it on Radical Play's website. (Personal opinion: It looks like a genre of game I have zero interest in..)
Back to top Go down
Rulue
King Of Fools
King Of Fools
avatar
Number of posts : 739

Age : 24
Join Date : 2014-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Do you want NFMM to survive?   Mon 28 Nov 2016, 7:03 am

kyoto wrote:
interesting ^

what kind of game is the new game btw?

It's called "Wars of Worlds" Omar and his dev team currently developing.

Omar had made his decision to revamp NFMM with pure 3D graphics after he finishes developing Wars of Worlds. I don't know if my PC can handle the new revamped NFMM with lag free, I hope so.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi8qdIWgecCkOgCpK_DmX_g
superia
Amateur
Amateur
avatar
Number of posts : 68

Age : 29
Join Date : 2015-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Do you want NFMM to survive?   Mon 28 Nov 2016, 1:10 pm

War of World is going to be a way better game than nerd of mattress. Omar is going to a right direction and he has finally stopped making garbage crap like this. Good decision, Omar. I can't wait to see the new game !
Back to top Go down
Bomb
Mercenary
Mercenary
avatar
Number of posts : 1351

Age : 92
Join Date : 2015-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Do you want NFMM to survive?   Mon 28 Nov 2016, 9:49 pm

superia wrote:
War of World is going to be a way better game than nerd of mattress. Omar is going to a right direction and he has finally stopped making garbage crap like this. Good decision, Omar. I can't wait to see the new game !
Back to top Go down
InhumanPwnage

"MeltGreen" stars
avatar
Number of posts : 2877

Age : 24
Join Date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Do you want NFMM to survive?   Mon 28 Nov 2016, 10:58 pm

superia wrote:
War of World is going to be a way better game than nerd of mattress. Omar is going to a right direction and he has finally stopped making garbage crap like this. Good decision, Omar. I can't wait to see the new game !

3 people cannot make an MMORPG. It doesn't even look like an MMORPG. 3 people alone will take years to make an immersive, engaging game. There's already countless chinese, korean and japanese MMORPGs ripping off each other, and then Blizzard at the top of the ladder. How different will this be? Will it remain in beta like NFMM? I don't see this lasting. I even envision Omar resorting to crowd-funding when him and his team reach a roadblock, I wouldn't be surprised.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dreamhunt.net
Skull
Computer Freak
Computer Freak
avatar
Number of posts : 1015

Age : 42
Join Date : 2013-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Do you want NFMM to survive?   Tue 29 Nov 2016, 12:30 am

Maybe he will have to increase the subscription rate to stay competitive and sustainable in the long run. Frankly i don't think his games were really impressive. Ok let's see how the new game looks.
Back to top Go down
clubwagon
Noob
Noob
avatar
Number of posts : 25

Age : 32
Join Date : 2016-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Do you want NFMM to survive?   Fri 02 Dec 2016, 9:35 pm

need for madness is a very good game, i like it very much, this game made me laught and have good time ,maybe your own problems or your mod when youre playing , does you think the game is poor, maybe you need others games more adrenaline .sure this need some improvements, like when youre going to choose your car, there is no order, all are mixed, at least be ordered by letters, will be fine. if youre very mature for this game, you shall play others games,more "sophisticated" and dont call this game garbage, or maybe you can create and design some better game and show the creator,how things shall be made.
Back to top Go down
DragShot
Game Reaper
Game Reaper
avatar
Number of posts : 836

Age : 22
Join Date : 2012-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Do you want NFMM to survive?   Sun 04 Dec 2016, 5:14 am

clubwagon wrote:
If you're very mature for this game, you shall play others games,more "sophisticated" and dont call this game garbage, or maybe you can create and design some better game and show the creator, how things shall be made.

^ So much of this.

While I've gotta admit Omar could have done, like, a lot better with the game, he did it all alone and that's something I respect. A sole man coming with a game that forged its own community to last for 10+ years isn't something you see everyday. Now he's trying to gear up and start anew with a dev team this time. Hopefully he will do some planing beforehand this time.

Tbh I doubt this game will die any time soon, even if Nfm Multiplayer comes to a closure. There are repos with sources based on the engine of the latest game, heck, I can decompile the thing, fix it and get it to work. We will just hack the crap out of the game, creating all sorts of mods as usual, until the time comes and Omar comes back with something new. I wouldn't mind assisting with data and security layers tho, just in case.

Anyway, most of the problems exposed here are stuff of everyday. Omar is not the only one that no longer is affected or impressed at all.
Back to top Go down
http://ds-softw.tk
Sponsored content



PostSubject: Re: Do you want NFMM to survive?   

Back to top Go down
 

Do you want NFMM to survive?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AIM Games :: Need For Madness :: NFM Discussion :: Multiplayer-