AIM Games
Welcome to the AIM Forums, the first Forum to ever be dedicated to Need For Madness!

To post a message/topic on the forums, you must REGISTER.

To REGISTER, click on the Button at the bottom of this message, or else at the top of the page. Without a user on these forums, you can only view some forums available to the public.

Have Fun and Feel free to ask/post anything here NFM related, or else just to chat. We have a chat-room at the bottom of this page, for only registered users to chat on though.

The Official AIM Games Forums

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in
Announcements:
HTML has been disabled. I have been kind enough to allow customising of posts, but I guess it's either freedom or no freedom at all.
I am lazy to do Forum Awards this year.

Share | 

NFM Speedrunning

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
SheppardkillerYT
Amateur
Amateur
Number of posts : 47

PostSubject: Re: NFM Speedrunning   Thu 27 Apr 2017, 1:29 am

Update: I just updated the resources tab with a direct link to the WSplit download page for those with weaker PC's who can't get LiveSplit and other services like it and I just added a NFM 1 NG Any% Template set of splits for anyone to download who would like to try the category or get a feel for the category first hand. At 8:50 AM I made a guide on Aerial Bouncing to the best of my ability so any of you NFMM Pros want me to update it to give it some more in depth I highly recommend you contact me via the NFM Speedrun page forum located on the bottom left set of tabs and create a post to give me changes to put in so it's more accurate and possibly more to the point of Aerial Bouncing in general. This is all I have to update for the NFM 1 Speedrun page for now but I will try my best in the future to update you guys on future updates to any resources, guides, or changes regarding the page itself. ~SheppardKiller~
Back to top Go down
rafa1231518
Rogue Gamer
Rogue Gamer
Number of posts : 306

PostSubject: Re: NFM Speedrunning   Thu 27 Apr 2017, 1:49 am

alright lads i have started work on a new algorithm to protect against regular memory editing and maybe a little asm cherry on top of that so we can make a proper client.

the idea is that i will use a simple public key encryption algorithm and encrypt the data in such a way that itd be very inconvenient for someone to generate fake data.

additionally i will try to add a replay export feature so even if the person tries to be smart the worst they can do is make some kind of pseudo-TAS.
Back to top Go down
http://bees.com
SinfulBliss
Mercenary
Mercenary
Number of posts : 1208

PostSubject: Re: NFM Speedrunning   Thu 27 Apr 2017, 1:58 am

rafa1231518 wrote:
alright lads i have started work on a new algorithm to protect against regular memory editing and maybe a little asm cherry on top of that so we can make a proper client.

the idea is that i will use a simple public key encryption algorithm and encrypt the data in such a way that itd be very inconvenient for someone to generate fake data.

additionally i will try to add a replay export feature so even if the person tries to be smart the worst they can do is make some kind of pseudo-TAS.

Damn, if you follow through with this it'd be quite game-changing. An unhackable client would be made the new standard for wars, if any clans happen to have them in the future.
Back to top Go down
rafa1231518
Rogue Gamer
Rogue Gamer

PostSubject: Re: NFM Speedrunning   Thu 27 Apr 2017, 2:02 am

SinfulBliss wrote:
rafa1231518 wrote:

Damn, if you follow through with this it'd be quite game-changing. An unhackable client would be made the new standard for wars, if any clans happen to have them in the future.

jesus christ can you stop using that word

'unhackable'

its not unhackable. its very hard to hack, yes. but the idea isnt perfect.
im not gonna tell you, obviously, but i always keep them in mind.

also, i could start making a cheat version of it and just pass it around. you'd never know

btw can you tell your buddy-bud ip to tick the post delay down a notch i get really itchy in my anus with this stuff
Back to top Go down
SinfulBliss
Mercenary
Mercenary

PostSubject: Re: NFM Speedrunning   Thu 27 Apr 2017, 2:18 am

rafa1231518 wrote:
SinfulBliss wrote:
rafa1231518 wrote:

jesus christ can you stop using that word

'unhackable'

its not unhackable. its very hard to hack, yes. but the idea isnt perfect.
im not gonna tell you, obviously, but i always keep them in mind.

also, i could start making a cheat version of it and just pass it around. you'd never know

btw can you tell your buddy-bud ip to tick the post delay down a notch i get really itchy in my anus with this stuff

Well, when you imply extreme inconvenience in order to hack I render the game essentially unhackable, since no one would go to so much trouble for speedruns. But sure, I suppose anything is able to be hacked if you want to get technical. The FBI isn't "unhackable" either, but many would refer to them as such because of the difficulty. Not that your algorithm will be FBI-level, but just to make an analogy for the sake of discussion.

rafa1231518 wrote:

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of spending all the time to make a more secure version?
Back to top Go down
rafa1231518
Rogue Gamer
Rogue Gamer

PostSubject: Re: NFM Speedrunning   Thu 27 Apr 2017, 2:23 am

SinfulBliss wrote:
The FBI isn't "unhackable"
neither is the CIA, apparently

SinfulBliss wrote:
Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of spending all the time to make a more secure version?

With respect Master Jordan, perhaps this is a man that you don't fully understand, either. A long time ago, I was on NFMM. My friends and I were working for the local clan. They were trying to buy the loyalty of server moderators by bribing them with precious cars. But their games were being raided in a room in Avenger by a hacker. So, we went looking for the cars. But in six months, we never met anybody who traded with him.

One day, I saw a child playing with a car the size of a tangerine.

The hacker had been giving them away.

Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like codes. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with.

Some men just want to watch the world burn.
Back to top Go down
SinfulBliss
Mercenary
Mercenary

PostSubject: Re: NFM Speedrunning   Thu 27 Apr 2017, 2:25 am

rafa1231518 wrote:
-snip

Well, either way the client would be better off than it is now.
Back to top Go down
rafa1231518
Rogue Gamer
Rogue Gamer

PostSubject: Re: NFM Speedrunning   Thu 27 Apr 2017, 3:56 am

just a slight side note: the client is gonna be based on a locked down version of my nfmm addons which means i have no clue whether it actually support multiplayer or not. still, i might be able to kidnap dragshot and do bad things to the places behind his undergarments with pointy objects until he makes it work
Back to top Go down
SheppardkillerYT
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: NFM Speedrunning   Thu 27 Apr 2017, 9:00 pm

Just to get away from the protecting the NFMM version of the game, we still need to figure out the optimal strategy for all the levels still because we need to figure out the route for New Game Any% for NFM 1 and so far I still don't think my run is completely optimized yet that is, if we can find the full strategy of how we can beat the game fastest time possible for that category.

Stages 3,5,6,9, and 10 are the only ones where I don't feel like it's completely optimized to the best of my ability.
Back to top Go down
SinfulBliss
Mercenary
Mercenary

PostSubject: Re: NFM Speedrunning   Thu 27 Apr 2017, 9:12 pm

SheppardkillerYT wrote:
Just to get away from the protecting the NFMM version of the game, we still need to figure out the optimal strategy for all the levels still because we need to figure out the route for New Game Any% for NFM 1 and so far I still don't think my run is completely optimized yet that is, if we can find the full strategy of how we can beat the game fastest time possible for that category.

Stages 3,5,6,9, and 10 are the only ones where I don't feel like it's completely optimized to the best of my ability.

I've been running it lately, but I haven't gotten a time I'm totally happy with yet.
Back to top Go down
SheppardkillerYT
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: NFM Speedrunning   Thu 27 Apr 2017, 9:37 pm

well you can submit any good run you have so far, I'm ok with it and even if you get a faster time after the old one is posted once I verify the new time it will override your older run to theoretically move you higher up the leaderboards.
Back to top Go down
SheppardkillerYT
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: NFM Speedrunning   Fri 28 Apr 2017, 12:57 am

Aerial Bouncing is not viable for F7 IDC how much you wanna disprove that but I'm sorry it doesn't fucking help me and my splits are always behind my PB because of this even when I tried stage 5 no car fix I still was gonna be behind so I can't save time without Radical One because F7's Stunt stats are terrible and it never helps with Aerial Bouncing in general.
Back to top Go down
rafa1231518
Rogue Gamer
Rogue Gamer

PostSubject: Re: NFM Speedrunning   Fri 28 Apr 2017, 2:00 am

SheppardkillerYT wrote:

stage 3 and 10 are ones are remember very well and it's a lot about taking the corners tight, i was gonna come up with some elaborate bullshit here but that wouldnt mean shit, what im trying to say is that theres no secret to get an absurd short lap, its just about playing well

side note:
ive had a small look at the game internals and from what i can see tapping the brakes rather than holding them still lets you get tight turns sometimes maybe i think

mass effect 4 confirmed wrote:
Aerial Bouncing is not viable for F7
have you tried max revenge or eaven lead oxide? those have always been the underdogs as far as i can remember
Back to top Go down
SinfulBliss
Mercenary
Mercenary

PostSubject: Re: NFM Speedrunning   Fri 28 Apr 2017, 2:28 am

SheppardkillerYT wrote:
Aerial Bouncing is not viable for F7 IDC how much you wanna disprove that but I'm sorry it doesn't fucking help me and my splits are always behind my PB because of this even when I tried stage 5 no car fix I still was gonna be behind so I can't save time without Radical One because F7's Stunt stats are terrible and it never helps with Aerial Bouncing in general.

F7 can't AB in the same way R1 can, but it can still make super small bounces. I found that they help in some situations
because your power doesn't go down while you do it, even though he doesn't go faster.
Back to top Go down
rafa1231518
Rogue Gamer
Rogue Gamer

PostSubject: Re: NFM Speedrunning   Fri 28 Apr 2017, 3:16 am

SinfulBliss wrote:
F7 can't AB in the same way R1 can, but it can still make super small bounces.

You can actually bounce with every car. I coded a bot once to test this. If you have superhuman skill, and AB at the perfect time consistently, you can keep bouncing until you are extremely close to the ground, until it rounds off and the spacebar becomes the handbrake button.

With some cars, you can actually violate Newton's third law[note 1] of motion (I can't recall exactly at what bounce value this starts to happen, but it's somewhere around 0.5 or 0.2) and bounce infinitely, with your height increasing every time.

Thus, perpetual motion exists in the NFM universe.

Of course, it's not very easy to control your car's direction when you're in the air, so I bound the bot to a key and started sharing it around to NFMM cheaterfolk.

The fire rises.

[note 1: I can't fucking look up which one it is because the pedo teacher whose lectures I used to watch got booted off of MIT.]
Back to top Go down
SheppardkillerYT
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: NFM Speedrunning   Sat 29 Apr 2017, 6:48 pm

Guess who finally got on WR pace last night to only fucking lose it to stage 7 and 8 in the run. I was 7 seconds ahead by stage 6 and I got gold splits in that run too and then this BS happens. The night NFM 1 NG Any% just died.
Back to top Go down
rafa1231518
Rogue Gamer
Rogue Gamer

PostSubject: Re: NFM Speedrunning   Sat 29 Apr 2017, 11:53 pm

SheppardkillerYT wrote:
Guess who finally got on WR pace last night to only fucking lose it to stage 7 and 8 in the run. I was 7 seconds ahead by stage 6 and I got gold splits in that run too and then this BS happens. The night NFM 1 NG Any% just died.

well you got it once you can get it again. fucking do it you pussy
Back to top Go down
SheppardkillerYT
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: NFM Speedrunning   Sun 30 Apr 2017, 7:14 am

you want me to go through the fucking 50 resets I had to do just to be ahead by 7 seconds by stage 7 not to mention the fucking game fucked me over by purposely placing the cars to put me in a death trap I can't avoid and the fucking game glitching out thinking I got a bad landing and throws my car upside down after I landed clear as day right side up to make me fucking reset every single bullshit attempt so far. I already feel like breaking this fucking laptop because ever since I started running on it I never got to Radical One yet and it fucking PISSES me OFF.
Back to top Go down
SinfulBliss
Mercenary
Mercenary

PostSubject: Re: NFM Speedrunning   Sun 30 Apr 2017, 8:47 am

SheppardkillerYT wrote:
you want me to go through the fucking 50 resets I had to do just to be ahead by 7 seconds by stage 7 not to mention the fucking game fucked me over by purposely placing the cars to put me in a death trap I can't avoid and the fucking game glitching out thinking I got a bad landing and throws my car upside down after I landed clear as day right side up to make me fucking reset every single bullshit attempt so far. I already feel like breaking this fucking laptop because ever since I started running on it I never got to Radical One yet and it fucking PISSES me OFF.

Maybe Rafa has looked into the code and figured out specifics regarding that bl-glitch, but back in 2012 I wrote a guide for common glitches and how to bypass them. I remember taking a stab at the bl-glitch and how to counteract it. The post is still in the Strategy section if you're curious.

Anyway, I wouldn't recommend letting things like this get to you. From my experience, running while frustrated or angry will result in even more mistakes, and it becomes a vicious circle.

My idea is to just run the game so much that it becomes second nature and I automatically relax when I run it.
Back to top Go down
iexrrr
Noob Owner
Noob Owner
Number of posts : 593

PostSubject: Re: NFM Speedrunning   Sun 30 Apr 2017, 6:01 pm

A speedrunning thread!? Why didn't I notice this before >:(

I tried running both NFM1 and NFM2 a while ago, but being an idiot I never recorded any of it. Here's my rough route for old NFM1:

Stage 1 - race with F7
Stage 2 - race with F7
Stage 3 - waste with MR
Stage 4 - race with F7
Stage 5 - waste with LO
Stage 6 - waste with LO
Stage 7 - waste with EK
Stage 8 - waste with EK
Stage 9 - waste with EK
Stage 10 - waste with EK
Stage 11 - waste with DRM

There's a lot more wasting here than in the current leaderboard runs. Wasting would theoretically be faster on every stage; the ones I raced on are the ones where I couldn't find good ways to waste quickly. On stage 2 I was the closest, but there's just no car at that point of the game that can waste well enough.

And yeah, losing runs to stupid things happens a lot. NFM is a particularly bad game for that since the AI cars play such a big part. It gets even worse if you try wasting on most levels. My advice for that is to just shrug it off. You got unlucky now, but you're going to get a lucky streak at some point too. SB is also right, if you get frustrated you're just going to play worse.
Back to top Go down
SinfulBliss
Mercenary
Mercenary

PostSubject: Re: NFM Speedrunning   Mon 01 May 2017, 4:05 am

iexrrr wrote:
There's a lot more wasting here than in the current leaderboard runs. Wasting would theoretically be faster on every stage; the ones I raced on are the ones where I couldn't find good ways to waste quickly.

It should be noted, though, that in NFMM's version of NFM1 the AI's are more advanced and a bit more tedious to waste than the AI's of NFM1.
Back to top Go down
rafa1231518
Rogue Gamer
Rogue Gamer

PostSubject: Re: NFM Speedrunning   Mon 01 May 2017, 8:52 pm

heres the first candidate preview beta alpha demo version of the thing.
if you cannot get it to run, you are not worthy.
if you can get it to run, you will find that it crashes a lot.
but good luck trying to hack it, baka~~!

PRIVACY STATEMENT: this will collect your data. all of it. all of it.
DOWNLOAD
(double click jarfile to run or use
Code:
Inline: java -jar
if youre macfag or linuxtard)
Back to top Go down
SinfulBliss
Mercenary
Mercenary

PostSubject: Re: NFM Speedrunning   Tue 02 May 2017, 1:09 am

@Rafa - not compatible with Java 7, so I tried the trick where you drag JRE8 into the same folder and run the bat to no avail. Guess my data is safe Razz

In other news, managed to get a pretty good run today. The quality of the video is horrible, but I didn't want to fool with any processing and uploading nightmares. Should be visible on Speedrun when it's confirmed.
Back to top Go down
rafa1231518
Rogue Gamer
Rogue Gamer

PostSubject: Re: NFM Speedrunning   Tue 02 May 2017, 2:29 am

SinfulBliss wrote:
not compatible with Java 7

perhaps then it's time to stop using outdated, unsupported and unsafe software
Back to top Go down
SinfulBliss
Mercenary
Mercenary

PostSubject: Re: NFM Speedrunning   Tue 02 May 2017, 2:38 am

rafa1231518 wrote:
SinfulBliss wrote:
not compatible with Java 7

perhaps then it's time to stop using outdated, unsupported and unsafe software

It's not time because I want the NFM1 versions I have to work. I like being able to customize the security of my Java, and Java 8+ only allows the higher settings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFM Speedrunning   

Back to top Go down

NFM Speedrunning

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AIM Games :: Need For Madness :: NFM Discussion :: Activities! :: Challenges!-