AIM Games
Welcome to the AIM Forums, the first Forum to ever be dedicated to Need For Madness!

To post a message/topic on the forums, you must REGISTER.

To REGISTER, click on the Button at the bottom of this message, or else at the top of the page. Without a user on these forums, you can only view some forums available to the public.

Have Fun and Feel free to ask/post anything here NFM related, or else just to chat. We have a chat-room at the bottom of this page, for only registered users to chat on though.

The Official AIM Games Forums

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in
Announcements:
HTML has been disabled. I have been kind enough to allow customising of posts, but I guess it's either freedom or no freedom at all.
I am lazy to do Forum Awards this year.

Share | 

Most Wanted

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
SinfulBliss
Mercenary
Mercenary
SinfulBliss
Number of posts : 1322

PostSubject: Re: Most Wanted   Mon 11 Feb 2019, 4:48 am

It's an interesting topic you bring up, AO. I think most people feel the same in some form.

The main problem is this: when you war, your reputation is put on the line. You have to perform well, or else you lose face. That causes matches to stretch on well past the point of "fun," causes conflict, and ultimately, causes people to just prefer to play casually.

I can propose a workaround, but I doubt there is enough interest to end up using it.

- All players of a clan use one username (capitalizing different letters of course). That way, it is unknown who is who. There is no pressure to be perfect or make matches stretch on, and players do not have to worry about reputation. Another added benefit is teamwork is held above individual performance. Only the clan would know who is who, but the opposing clan would be unaware. If you make an amazing play, you could simply reveal your identity after the war if you want credit.
Back to top Go down
Toa
Hidden Agenda
Hidden Agenda
Toa
Number of posts : 10412

PostSubject: Re: Most Wanted   Mon 11 Feb 2019, 6:13 am

@SinfulBliss wrote:
The main problem is this: when you war, your reputation is put on the line. You have to perform well, or else you lose face. That causes matches to stretch on well past the point of "fun," causes conflict, and ultimately, causes people to just prefer to play casually.

That depends on how seriously players are willing to take a war. As a clan leader myself, I have taken many wars seriously and always hated losing. I am sure you have heard of the saying, "you win some, you lose some." There will always be more chances to bounce back and outperform your opposition. Reputations are usually not determined by only one war/performance if players are willing to keep warring.

@SinfulBliss wrote:
All players of a clan use one username (capitalizing different letters of course). That way, it is unknown who is who.

This poses one major concern: how do you know if the opposing clan does not have an outsider play for them? From my experience, there has been controversy on not knowing who a particular player is during a war. There is also the possibility of players getting tilted and pointing fingers which usually occurs after losing a match, or even the whole war.

@SinfulBliss wrote:
There is no pressure to be perfect or make matches stretch on, and players do not have to worry about reputation.

That varies from player to player. You may have a clan leader who is going all-out to win, and a regular clan member who is there to participate not caring about what the end result is.

@SinfulBliss wrote:
Only the clan would know who is who, but the opposing clan would be unaware.

Again, putting this concept to use will risk legitimacy between both clans. My point is that implementing an "unknown" factor in a war will most likely lead to questioning - especially if something happens against their favor.
Back to top Go down
Toa
Hidden Agenda
Hidden Agenda
Toa

PostSubject: Re: Most Wanted   Tue 19 Feb 2019, 12:36 am

Astronaut has joined Most Wanted. Welcome!

Member count: 20
Back to top Go down
Ultimato
Psychogenic
Psychogenic
Ultimato
Number of posts : 1504

PostSubject: Re: Most Wanted   Tue 19 Feb 2019, 12:42 am

pogchamo
Back to top Go down
Tronik
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Tronik
Number of posts : 2073

PostSubject: Re: Most Wanted   Tue 19 Feb 2019, 6:38 am

you realize competitive nfmm is dead right
Back to top Go down
Toa
Hidden Agenda
Hidden Agenda
Toa

PostSubject: Re: Most Wanted   Tue 19 Feb 2019, 7:28 am

@Tronik wrote:
you realize competitive nfmm is dead right

Of course, but once Origins is out, there will be plenty of competition. I have done some recruiting to strengthen MW and plan for future challenges.
Back to top Go down
Andrei_YTP
Noob
Noob
Andrei_YTP
Number of posts : 37

PostSubject: Re: Most Wanted   Tue 19 Feb 2019, 2:02 pm

Pickup?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most Wanted   

Back to top Go down