AIM Games
Welcome to the AIM Forums, the first Forum to ever be dedicated to Need For Madness!

To post a message/topic on the forums, you must REGISTER.

To REGISTER, click on the Button at the bottom of this message, or else at the top of the page. Without a user on these forums, you can only view some forums available to the public.

Have Fun and Feel free to ask/post anything here NFM related, or else just to chat. We have a chat-room at the bottom of this page, for only registered users to chat on though.
AIM Games
Welcome to the AIM Forums, the first Forum to ever be dedicated to Need For Madness!

To post a message/topic on the forums, you must REGISTER.

To REGISTER, click on the Button at the bottom of this message, or else at the top of the page. Without a user on these forums, you can only view some forums available to the public.

Have Fun and Feel free to ask/post anything here NFM related, or else just to chat. We have a chat-room at the bottom of this page, for only registered users to chat on though.
AIM Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official AIM Games Forums

HomeRegisterLog in
Announcements:
HTML has been disabled. I have been kind enough to allow customising of posts, but I guess it's either freedom or no freedom at all.
I am lazy to do Forum Awards this year.

Share | 

Lag Wasting

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

How do you think about lag wasting?Good or Bad
good
Lag Wasting - Page 2 I_vote_lcap55%Lag Wasting - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 55% [ 18 ]
bad
Lag Wasting - Page 2 I_vote_lcap45%Lag Wasting - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 45% [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 33

AuthorMessage
BlackBird
Ascended
Ascended
BlackBird
Number of posts : 6884

Lag Wasting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lag Wasting   Lag Wasting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012, 12:31 pm

Steam,I'm not critisizing my view.Even I wasted some1 by lag,it's a accident.But I head on at MOST.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lag Wasting   Lag Wasting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012, 2:05 pm

The hell, who deleted my post -.-
Back to top Go down
BlackBird
Ascended
Ascended
BlackBird

PostSubject: Re: Lag Wasting   Lag Wasting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012, 3:12 pm

Did u click 'send' ?If no,then post it again
Back to top Go down
NateZDR2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
NateZDR2
Number of posts : 1977

PostSubject: Re: Lag Wasting   Lag Wasting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012, 3:20 pm

Lag Wasting - Page 2 32029330
'Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
DragShot
Game Reaper
Game Reaper
DragShot
Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Lag Wasting   Lag Wasting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012, 5:38 pm

NateZDR2 wrote:
'Nuff said.
x2
Back to top Go down
http://ds-softw.tk

PostSubject: Re: Lag Wasting   Lag Wasting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012, 7:48 pm

DragShot wrote:
NateZDR2 wrote:
'Nuff said.
x2

Exactly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lag Wasting   Lag Wasting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012, 11:56 pm

Smile but if their was no lag , nukes wouldnt exist.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lag Wasting   Lag Wasting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Dec 2012, 2:16 am

DivineSpirit wrote:

Nukes do have their benefits... only thing that makes masheen wasteable =S
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lag Wasting   Lag Wasting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Dec 2012, 2:19 am

Prayers wrote:
DivineSpirit wrote:

Nukes do have their benefits... only thing that makes masheen wasteable =S

lol that and ANY other Opd car
Back to top Go down
NateZDR2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
NateZDR2
Number of posts : 1977

PostSubject: Re: Lag Wasting   Lag Wasting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Dec 2012, 11:30 am

Any car can waste M A S H E E N when there is lag. K? If there wasn't lag you could still use: R1, M8(nuke), EL KING, DR Monstaa, Another MASHEEN, F7(nuke), Nimi(nuke). In fact wolf proved that all cars can nuke.
Back to top Go down
SinBliss

PostSubject: Re: Lag Wasting   Lag Wasting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Dec 2012, 1:46 am

Just voted to make it a close win for the team-lag.

Lag isn't good nor bad. I knew it would happen before NFMM even came out. Think about it, how can connections interact with each other in perfect delay mutually? Not possible. That's why lag occurs. Your computer perceives the car behind where it actually is.

This allows for you to hit the target without even touching him. I think this is a completely legit strategy, as trying to hit a moving target directly from any angle but maybe direct would get you lagged with no damage on him.

It allows for a Nimi to beat a Masheen. This is just great! Don't you see how much skill is involved in lagging? Lag allows skill to win over even the highest stats. Lag makes skill take over NFMM.

So yes, whether y'all like it or not, lag is here to stay... And you better adapt (unless you like flames Wink)
Back to top Go down
BlackBird
Ascended
Ascended
BlackBird

PostSubject: Re: Lag Wasting   Lag Wasting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Dec 2012, 2:45 am

I dougt it if you say lag is skill...........How can a skill be applyed for Multiplayer ONLY but not for both?A skill should be applyed for both....
Back to top Go down
Afterburn
Limited Divinity
Limited Divinity
Afterburn
Number of posts : 2359

PostSubject: Re: Lag Wasting   Lag Wasting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Dec 2012, 2:51 am

Because you need to use different strategies when playing singleplayer, when you actually come in contact with the cars; unlike multiplayer, lag is normally required if your planning to win a game by any chance. Not all direct hits will be legit. Sometimes it'll work, and other times not so much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lag Wasting   Lag Wasting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Dec 2012, 5:52 am

Agreed, if you notice closely, lag is actually true skill. If there was no lag, only the car with better endurance would've won, and in your case, MASHEEN would've won everytime as no nuke would also exist if there was no lag.

Lag is what makes the game interesting and excisting to play. It makes you equal with your opponent no-matter which car you're using. Be it Nimi or Monstaa, or Radical, or High Rider, with lag, you can win with any car, but as wolf says, "The best part of the car, is the driver." So it completely depends on you how do you manipulate lag, always on you babe.

~Steam
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lag Wasting   Lag Wasting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Dec 2012, 6:27 am

I actually think it takes more skill to lag then to waste like we would in Singleplayer. The physics of lagging are so much more complex then regular NFM physics.

The only problem with lag is that if you're trying to perform an advanced wasting technique, you need to put yourself through the hell of trying to perform the same technique WITH lag.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lag Wasting   Lag Wasting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Dec 2012, 6:50 am

And that the delay of different people with different connections vary which makes you go EXPLODE
Back to top Go down
Zee
Psychogenic
Psychogenic
Zee
Number of posts : 1662

PostSubject: Re: Lag Wasting   Lag Wasting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Dec 2012, 6:53 am

Sometimes, though, people can lag you without touching you, and it can even happen on your screen.

Sometimes I'm racing and some noob monstaa racer overtakes me randomly. Then I stay about 3 feet behind it. Somehow, though, without touching it, I get pushed towards oblivion. It's a bit awkward, but it gets me the lead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lag Wasting   Lag Wasting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Dec 2012, 6:56 am

No Raza... There are only 3 lag points I've experienced to exist:

1) Regular (this is where there is the usual delay that everyone has)

2) Teleportation (this is where the delay is so bad that your internet perceives their car to be in different random places due to it not being able to keep up with the delay)

3) Slow-mo (this is the most severe form. It's usually when a car is going super slow on your screen. And usually they take very irregular damage if any at all. Sometimes a car can seem normal, but take less damage since they have slow-mo lag {like Raza}).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lag Wasting   Lag Wasting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Dec 2012, 7:21 am

***** please. Theres no such thing as "Slow-mo" lag. Of all the videos I've seen of myself, I go at normal speed.

And of that damage thingy, I've experienced that with IP, PlanetPlus, Tornadoshark (though now TS's conn is far better) and even you. But the thing is, its just simple lag getting extream due to some connection, teleportation is just due to the fact your connection can't manipulate your opponent's lag properly.

Don't give lag forms 'cause it doesn't have any.
All it matters is the delay. As I always say, you only need to know the distance by which you can lag your opponent. Dodging etc comes along.

~Steam
Back to top Go down
DragShot
Game Reaper
Game Reaper
DragShot
Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Lag Wasting   Lag Wasting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Dec 2012, 3:58 pm

SinfulBliss wrote:
No Raza... There are only 3 lag points I've experienced to exist:

1) Regular (this is where there is the usual delay that everyone has)

2) Teleportation (this is where the delay is so bad that your internet perceives their car to be in different random places due to it not being able to keep up with the delay)

3) Slow-mo (this is the most severe form. It's usually when a car is going super slow on your screen. And usually they take very irregular damage if any at all. Sometimes a car can seem normal, but take less damage since they have slow-mo lag {like Raza}).

You're wrong in the third one. Slow motion is not due to the lag, is due to the low processing rate of the user's computer. Let me explain each one of your points:

1) Stable delay: the common and standard lag, simple, static and predictable. The ideal amount of lag because it's relatively easy to deal with it. If it's, for example, 145ms, it will be always 145ms.

2) Unstable delay: the worst kind of lag. This is due to an unstable connection, caused by other Internet activities like watching videos or downloading files while playing. This makes, if not impossible, very very hard to deal with it, and usually results in nukes if you're trying to waste. In the example, starting from the 145ms, it may be sometimes 145ms, then 172ms, then 200ms and then 145ms again.

These were the only kings of lag, now let's see the third point:

3) Lowclocking: In slow computers, Java may process the game with a low frame rate, this due to that PC can't process all the steps to build the image in the time required, and it gives as result a game slower than usual. Other users will be constantly teleporting in this PC, and for others, this car will be extremely glitchy and slow, receiving usually less or none damage. There's nothing to do with it .__.
Back to top Go down
http://ds-softw.tk
Psychic
Nu Radical
Nu Radical
Psychic
Number of posts : 3023

PostSubject: Re: Lag Wasting   Lag Wasting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Dec 2012, 5:36 pm

You can't waste without lag, it's impossible. Because for example someone's after you, and their like an inch close, and you dodge, you'll obviously lag 'em. So therefore you've just lag hit him.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walliice

PostSubject: Re: Lag Wasting   Lag Wasting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Dec 2012, 5:51 pm

I'll the sum up this shiz.

Forget that lag is a strategy whatsoever.

If I lag you, on your screen, it shows that I DID HIT YOU. Which technically means that I didn't lag you at all. Now same goes for me. If you lag me, for me, on my screen, you did hit me, so I won't be yelling around saying its illegal.

~Steam
Back to top Go down
Nitro
Half Life
Half Life
Nitro
Number of posts : 1874

PostSubject: Re: Lag Wasting   Lag Wasting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Dec 2012, 9:14 pm

Raza156 wrote:
I'll the sum up this shiz.

Forget that lag is a strategy whatsoever.

If I lag you, on your screen, it shows that I DID HIT YOU. Which technically means that I didn't lag you at all. Now same goes for me. If you lag me, for me, on my screen, you did hit me, so I won't be yelling around saying its illegal.

~Steam

Lag is good use sometimes. But it's noobish when you abuse it and people get annoyed.
Back to top Go down
BlackBird
Ascended
Ascended
BlackBird

PostSubject: Re: Lag Wasting   Lag Wasting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Dec 2012, 7:29 am

Yeah,it may good for wasting OPs (of course when needed) ,but I don't think you need lag to waste a weak car or use a nuke to troll ppl Lag Wasting - Page 2 569693

Last edited by Qwert232345 on Sat 22 Dec 2012, 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nitro
Half Life
Half Life
Nitro
Number of posts : 1874

PostSubject: Re: Lag Wasting   Lag Wasting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Dec 2012, 11:15 am

Qwert232345 wrote:
Yeah,it may good for wasting OPs,but I don't think you need lag to waste a weak car or use a nuke to troll ppl -.-

Some people abuse lag such as people like "Asics" to be specific.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lag Wasting   Lag Wasting - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lag Wasting

View previous topic View next topic Back to top