AIM Games
Welcome to the AIM Forums, the first Forum to ever be dedicated to Need For Madness!

To post a message/topic on the forums, you must REGISTER.

To REGISTER, click on the Button at the bottom of this message, or else at the top of the page. Without a user on these forums, you can only view some forums available to the public.

Have Fun and Feel free to ask/post anything here NFM related, or else just to chat. We have a chat-room at the bottom of this page, for only registered users to chat on though.
AIM Games
Welcome to the AIM Forums, the first Forum to ever be dedicated to Need For Madness!

To post a message/topic on the forums, you must REGISTER.

To REGISTER, click on the Button at the bottom of this message, or else at the top of the page. Without a user on these forums, you can only view some forums available to the public.

Have Fun and Feel free to ask/post anything here NFM related, or else just to chat. We have a chat-room at the bottom of this page, for only registered users to chat on though.
AIM Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official AIM Games Forums

HomeRegisterLog in
Announcements:
HTML has been disabled. I have been kind enough to allow customising of posts, but I guess it's either freedom or no freedom at all.
I am lazy to do Forum Awards this year.

Share | 

If NFMM have no lag............

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
BlackBird
Ascended
Ascended
BlackBird
Number of posts : 6884

If NFMM have no lag............ Empty
PostSubject: If NFMM have no lag............   If NFMM have no lag............ Icon_minitimeFri 23 Nov 2012, 5:45 pm

This is a imagination topic.Imagine that NFMM have no lag,what will happen?Or will it have any major change?
Back to top Go down
Mike458
Computer Freak
Computer Freak
Mike458
Number of posts : 1060

PostSubject: Re: If NFMM have no lag............   If NFMM have no lag............ Icon_minitimeFri 23 Nov 2012, 6:18 pm

If NFM had no lag, then the use of OP cars will increase exponentially. However, while having zero lag on NFMM is impossible at this moment, we would have one less thing to complain about! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fastcar800
Computer Freak
Computer Freak
Fastcar800
Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: If NFMM have no lag............   If NFMM have no lag............ Icon_minitimeFri 23 Nov 2012, 7:14 pm

If NFMM had no lag, you can bet your ass that there would be a lot more people playing it.... which could just lead to more lag....
Back to top Go down
Mystery Kid
Noob
Noob
Mystery Kid
Number of posts : 25

PostSubject: Re: If NFMM have no lag............   If NFMM have no lag............ Icon_minitimeFri 23 Nov 2012, 11:37 pm

Think Mah boi RESULT: YAYZ
Back to top Go down
Big Jilm
System Failure
System Failure
Big Jilm
Number of posts : 13384

PostSubject: Re: If NFMM have no lag............   If NFMM have no lag............ Icon_minitimeSat 24 Nov 2012, 1:45 am

If NFMM didn't have lag? In a perfect world, it wouldn't. But it always will. Everyone who plays the game, their routers and internet... they will never be able to "cooperate' with each other, so to speak.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/koner1ssite/

PostSubject: Re: If NFMM have no lag............   If NFMM have no lag............ Icon_minitimeSun 25 Nov 2012, 6:53 pm

Well I know this is an immagination topic BUT THAT'S impossible. To start even if people had the same internet speed it's impossible to place everyone near a server. But if that was the case some people would do suprisingly terrible due to a lot of their stratergies (LAGG SHEILDS) disappearing.
Back to top Go down
Psychic
Nu Radical
Nu Radical
Psychic
Number of posts : 3023

PostSubject: Re: If NFMM have no lag............   If NFMM have no lag............ Icon_minitimeSun 17 Mar 2013, 4:12 pm

It's actually good that there's lag, I'm glad there is, and you should be too. If there was no lag, how would you defeat a car with full strength, Endurance, and speed? They'll obviously be no nuking, meaning you'll have to go head-on all the time... And if you're a weaker a car, don't expect anything else. It'll be quite hard to waste if there was no lag, racing on the other hand, would be easier.

Last edited by Psychic on Thu 28 Mar 2013, 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walliice
Radical24
Ownage Elite
Ownage Elite
Radical24
Number of posts : 4150

PostSubject: Re: If NFMM have no lag............   If NFMM have no lag............ Icon_minitimeThu 28 Mar 2013, 1:57 am

If there was no lag... words cannot describe how fun this game would be IF there was no lag..
Back to top Go down
SinfulBliss
Mercenary
Mercenary
SinfulBliss
Number of posts : 1353

PostSubject: Re: If NFMM have no lag............   If NFMM have no lag............ Icon_minitimeThu 28 Mar 2013, 4:55 am

I think you have it reversed. Without lag, MASHEEN's would completely dominate the wasting game along with Monstaa. Lag was a coincidental destiny of NFMM, as contradictory as that many sound.

It added loads of strategies into the game. To me, the fact that an F7 can take down a MASHEEN purely based on skill is wonderful, and I probably wouldn't play the game without such opportunity.
Back to top Go down
Red
Karma Caper
Karma Caper
Red
Number of posts : 230

PostSubject: Re: If NFMM have no lag............   If NFMM have no lag............ Icon_minitimeThu 28 Mar 2013, 5:35 am

SinfulBliss wrote:

It added loads of strategies into the game. To me, the fact that an F7 can take down a MASHEEN purely based on skill is wonderful, and I probably wouldn't play the game without such opportunity.

You still can use an F7 to take down a MASHEEN on single player which is alittle more trickier than on multiplayer so technically it's harder on single player to waste Masheen with F7, therefore requiring more skill and even luck.
Back to top Go down
SinfulBliss
Mercenary
Mercenary
SinfulBliss

PostSubject: Re: If NFMM have no lag............   If NFMM have no lag............ Icon_minitimeThu 28 Mar 2013, 6:55 am

Without a fix, and during a 1v1, it is impossible to waste a MASHEEN with an F7.

Unless the MASHEEN somehow hits obstacles at full speed (and only certain obstacles even damage him).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If NFMM have no lag............   If NFMM have no lag............ Icon_minitimeThu 28 Mar 2013, 2:25 pm

If there was no lagg, wasting games would be full of masheens, Just like SinfulBliss has said. While lagg can be very annoying in some cases when people have complete sh*t connections and you can barley tell where they are, but without lagg the strongest car will USUALLY win. As well as idiots who run out of the stage and have no damage while everyone is at pixel, have absolutly no way of losing. Lagg helps balance a lot of things.
Back to top Go down
TheDevil
Amateur
Amateur
TheDevil
Number of posts : 50

PostSubject: Re: If NFMM have no lag............   If NFMM have no lag............ Icon_minitimeThu 28 Mar 2013, 2:41 pm

And Steam wouldn't win all the f*cking time because his internet sucks so bad.
Back to top Go down
Phantasmagoria
Sp3c1al1s3d
Sp3c1al1s3d
Phantasmagoria
Number of posts : 3281

PostSubject: Re: If NFMM have no lag............   If NFMM have no lag............ Icon_minitimeThu 28 Mar 2013, 4:51 pm

If there was no lag, some cars would be useless.
Back to top Go down
Psychic
Nu Radical
Nu Radical
Psychic

PostSubject: Re: If NFMM have no lag............   If NFMM have no lag............ Icon_minitimeThu 28 Mar 2013, 5:03 pm

Shockey wrote:
If there was no lag, some cars would be useless.

Well there ya go, exactly. Not just some cars, it's actually MOST cars.
Back to top Go down
Dex
Half Life
Half Life

Number of posts : 1770

PostSubject: Re: If NFMM have no lag............   If NFMM have no lag............ Icon_minitimeThu 28 Mar 2013, 8:17 pm

TheDevil wrote:

Not exactly. The reason he does win, is because you don't know where to aim your lag at, to hit him. But I do admit, it's quite a challenge to waste Steam since he doesn't take the normal damage that anyone else would normally take and his actual position of his car is further than most people. If you want to actually waste him, figure out his delay and you're good to go.

Lag is what makes NFMM actually fun. When I started playing it, I thought it was the same damn concept like in the SP mode. But with the introduction to lag, like Sinful said, "it actually brings more advanced techniques and strategies to the game", and kinda moves it away from the "little-kid" like fashing from what NFM1&2 seemed to be.
Back to top Go down
XGH
Amateur
Amateur
XGH
Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: If NFMM have no lag............   If NFMM have no lag............ Icon_minitimeFri 29 Mar 2013, 11:25 pm

the lag isnt even THAT bad compared to most games...
Back to top Go down
SinfulBliss
Mercenary
Mercenary
SinfulBliss

PostSubject: Re: If NFMM have no lag............   If NFMM have no lag............ Icon_minitimeSat 30 Mar 2013, 12:54 am

@CarbonFly:

Raza doesn't have a constant lag path. You can't just figure out his delay and go from there. It's very irregular, it changes all the time, and yet it looks 100% normal while playing him.
Back to top Go down
Raza156
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Raza156
Number of posts : 2086

PostSubject: Re: If NFMM have no lag............   If NFMM have no lag............ Icon_minitimeSat 30 Mar 2013, 3:53 am

Alright, here we go.

If there was no lag in NFMM, it would'nt have actually been this fun to play. Why? Because lag is what that truly defines how skilled a person actually is. If there was no lag, all you had to do, is take a Monstaa, or an EL KING, or a MASHEEN and ram into your opponent. The idea of a Radical One wasting any of the latter is out of the question. Also, it is the lag that actually increases your thinking cabability making it a lot broader. You know that if you try to normally hit an opponent, you'll be the one to recieve damage by getting nuked. Hence, you figure out new ways of dodging, new ways of striking your opponent, new ways of nuking him and positioning your car in an order that would force your opponent to change direction while racing.

Furthermore, if there no lag, the idea was "perfection" would'nt have come into existance, well, atleast not in wasting. Considering an isolated case, with no lag, you are BOUND to recieve a reasonable amount of damage if you hit your opponenet, i-e recoil, exactly like that in singleplayer.

Lag is what that makes the game what it is. And believe it or not, lag is the major element of almost all online games. Take MW3, or MOHAA, or Counter Strike etc, lag has a play in them all. Similarly, it's in NFMM as well. I actually don't believe people sometimes. Figuring out someone's lag-distance is actually quite fun (unless you just came back home frustrated and dumped by a girl.) Like for me, it was quite difficult to beat Champion, as his lag-distance, is quite different from normal people. Likewise, for IP in the beginning, but over time, you understand a players moves and skills.

SEE, this is the good thing about lag, you can actually change your playing style. If there was no lag, you just had to go and hit your opponent.

Well, conclusively, I'll just say that, lag isn't a bad thing. We just need to learn, to master it, if we want to stop complaining about others.

And TheDevil, when you said that "Steam wouldn't win all the f*cking time."
Atleast LEARN to play the game first, and then start accusing. Wait, you're accusing me of wining? Hah, that's a clever critic I see there.

~Steam
Back to top Go down
http://www.rainymood.com
Psychic
Nu Radical
Nu Radical
Psychic

PostSubject: Re: If NFMM have no lag............   If NFMM have no lag............ Icon_minitimeMon 01 Apr 2013, 1:56 pm

Trust me, if NFMM didn't have lag. It would be no fun at all. Just imagine... You won't even be able to hit someone without making physical contact with them. It'll be just like Single-player. And besides, you will never find an online game without lag, it's impossible.
Back to top Go down
Dex
Half Life
Half Life

PostSubject: Re: If NFMM have no lag............   If NFMM have no lag............ Icon_minitimeMon 01 Apr 2013, 2:17 pm

SinfulBliss wrote:
@CarbonFly:

Raza doesn't have a constant lag path. You can't just figure out his delay and go from there. It's very irregular, it changes all the time, and yet it looks 100% normal while playing him.

Actually, once I played at least once game with someone, I can automatically figure out their delay and where I should aim my car at to 'hit' them. Steam applies to this too, his delay may be irregular for you, but when I play him I usually always aim at the same exact spot to hit him and it works. Same with any other person. By knowing someone's delay, I can go from there and I have no problem that's how I'm successful at wasting matches.
Back to top Go down
Raza156
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Raza156
Number of posts : 2086

PostSubject: Re: If NFMM have no lag............   If NFMM have no lag............ Icon_minitimeWed 03 Apr 2013, 4:36 am

Well, I guess that sums up all of it about me. AND ALSO, I showed it to Demise. I lag normally. I don't have any sort of slow-mo lag whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rainymood.com
Dex
Half Life
Half Life

PostSubject: Re: If NFMM have no lag............   If NFMM have no lag............ Icon_minitimeWed 03 Apr 2013, 2:16 pm

No one said that you have Slo-mo lag. In fact, this is the kind of delay I saw in Avenger yesterday. The server had 1 full room and the most weird part, 0 delay Surprised

If NFMM have no lag............ Avenger0delay

Ever since I saw that, I've been playing around with my playing style and realized that I have a much MUCH greater offense than defense when hitting people, in other words I deal more damage to a person than, say a person with a delay of 92 in Avenger. I even managed to One-Hit red bar a person from 0% to 80%. (R1 hitting R1) But the only downside with this is that it's easier for other people to lag me, so I have to be just a little extra defensive.
Back to top Go down
XGH
Amateur
Amateur
XGH
Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: If NFMM have no lag............   If NFMM have no lag............ Icon_minitimeWed 03 Apr 2013, 6:36 pm

lol @ "EXCELENT"

CarbonFly wrote:
TheDevil wrote:

Not exactly. The reason he does win, is because you don't know where to aim your lag at, to hit him. But I do admit, it's quite a challenge to waste Steam since he doesn't take the normal damage that anyone else would normally take and his actual position of his car is further than most people. If you want to actually waste him, figure out his delay and you're good to go.

Lag is what makes NFMM actually fun. When I started playing it, I thought it was the same damn concept like in the SP mode. But with the introduction to lag, like Sinful said, "it actually brings more advanced techniques and strategies to the game", and kinda moves it away from the "little-kid" like fashing from what NFM1&2 seemed to be.
do people really use lag to their advantage? seriously...
Back to top Go down
Phyrexian
True Gamer
True Gamer
Phyrexian
Number of posts : 3597

PostSubject: Re: If NFMM have no lag............   If NFMM have no lag............ Icon_minitimeWed 03 Apr 2013, 7:00 pm

XGH wrote:
lol @ "EXCELENT"

CarbonFly wrote:
TheDevil wrote:

do people really use lag to their advantage? seriously...

Sure pros do at least. It's the only effective way to waste overpowered craps on NFMM without taking out one of your own.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PhyrexianNFM
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If NFMM have no lag............   If NFMM have no lag............ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If NFMM have no lag............

View previous topic View next topic Back to top