AIM Games
Welcome to the AIM Forums, the first Forum to ever be dedicated to Need For Madness!

To post a message/topic on the forums, you must REGISTER.

To REGISTER, click on the Button at the bottom of this message, or else at the top of the page. Without a user on these forums, you can only view some forums available to the public.

Have Fun and Feel free to ask/post anything here NFM related, or else just to chat. We have a chat-room at the bottom of this page, for only registered users to chat on though.
AIM Games
Welcome to the AIM Forums, the first Forum to ever be dedicated to Need For Madness!

To post a message/topic on the forums, you must REGISTER.

To REGISTER, click on the Button at the bottom of this message, or else at the top of the page. Without a user on these forums, you can only view some forums available to the public.

Have Fun and Feel free to ask/post anything here NFM related, or else just to chat. We have a chat-room at the bottom of this page, for only registered users to chat on though.
AIM Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official AIM Games Forums

HomeRegisterLog in
Announcements:
HTML has been disabled. I have been kind enough to allow customising of posts, but I guess it's either freedom or no freedom at all.
I am lazy to do Forum Awards this year.

Share | 

I Picked a Fantastic Time to Join

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Androgeos
Janitor
Janitor
Androgeos
Number of posts : 74

I Picked a Fantastic Time to Join Empty
PostSubject: I Picked a Fantastic Time to Join   I Picked a Fantastic Time to Join Icon_minitimeMon 06 May 2013, 7:04 am

Hello, all.

While I figure out how to put everything back together, I thought I'd write a little bit about the past year, from the day Omar made NFM2 until now. I've done this on Facebook in a similar manner last year, when I was at what I still believe was the height of my time on NFMM.

The urge to use Kool Kat didn't come immediately, and to be very honest, I hated the car at first. Hard to steer, hard to land, hard to avoid anything, very easy to make bad landings with. On the other hand, I had grown bored with using all the high-end cars in NFM2, so I thought "Well, why not. Try and master one of the worst cars in the game. I have time."

In time, I grew used to the car's quirks. I even found that there were some things it could do that most of the other cars can't except with great difficulty. Stunting off a sandbar, for instance, or speeding up while doing back flips. It also helps that Kool Kat is primarily a shade of purple, which eventually replaced green as my favourite colour over the years. Of course, the reality is that Kool Kat is still a pretty weak car, so I ended up seeing as a "limiter" and a way to practice my driving skills, mostly for racing. I eventually developed a racing style that is fast, but not the fastest, and lacks flamboyance. My racing victories rarely showed a Game Highlight.

When I first participated in the multiplayer beta (I missed the first session, but was available for subsequent ones), I had to pick a name. Not being a very creative person, I did it the easy way. I mashed the first two letters and last two letters of my full nickname (it comprises three names, and the very first one is not Androgeos). The result was Dent, and I've been using that name on NFMM ever since.

At some point in time, I decided to have a little fun, and started moving between rooms, joining specific stages just to see how good the participants were. My aim was never to finish 1st, but to go as fast as I can in a rubbish car and see who knows the stage and the car they are using better than I do. If I finished 2nd despite doing my best to win, I've seen what I came to see. This was how I came to know so many great racers. A racer who went by the name of karlDbas was the first player ever to win me in a race using Wow Caninaro. I've never won a race against CHARLOTTE even when she uses Tornado Shark except through technicalities (she had a poor connection at one point), and in that one race I had against the Nimi racer, Meccaryn, I lost in The Garden of the King. Because my performance on NFMM never improves or degrades, I've also seen how MAXPOWER started out as a pretty weak racer, but eventually surpassed me in almost every regard.

Anyway.

My account was placed on lockdown two days ago due to my subscription expiring. However, I still have an interest in the game and, seeing that the Car Maker Forums is an absolute wreck, decided to finally join AIM. There is no better time for me to join than now, when my NFMM account has just expired. It means I can focus more on other things, such as setting up this new PC I've been using for the past two weeks so that I can make even more "ports" and experiment with the Stage Maker.

In conclusion, greetings to everyone. Again.

Last edited by Androgeos on Mon 06 May 2013, 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Umm, seems like a sweeping statement.)
Back to top Go down
http://heliosexeunt.wordpress.com
Psychopsilocybin
Cynically Insane
Cynically Insane
Psychopsilocybin
Number of posts : 21554

PostSubject: Re: I Picked a Fantastic Time to Join   I Picked a Fantastic Time to Join Icon_minitimeMon 06 May 2013, 7:06 am

Well welcome to AIM, Dent, glad you registered on here. Hope you enjoy this forum a lot more. Smile
Back to top Go down
Wake
Half Life
Half Life
Wake
Number of posts : 1764

PostSubject: Re: I Picked a Fantastic Time to Join   I Picked a Fantastic Time to Join Icon_minitimeMon 06 May 2013, 7:24 am

Well, Greetings Androgeos. Enjoy your stay here Smile.

~Pr1Nc3.
Back to top Go down
aliff01
Ownage Elite
Ownage Elite

Number of posts : 4054

PostSubject: Re: I Picked a Fantastic Time to Join   I Picked a Fantastic Time to Join Icon_minitimeMon 06 May 2013, 10:39 am

Why herro there Dent, welcome to AIM Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://needformadness.forumms.net/
Insane Elite
Psychogenic
Psychogenic
Insane Elite
Number of posts : 1603

PostSubject: Re: I Picked a Fantastic Time to Join   I Picked a Fantastic Time to Join Icon_minitimeMon 06 May 2013, 12:09 pm

Yes! You finally registered here! Very Happy Welcome on board! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nitro
Half Life
Half Life
Nitro
Number of posts : 1874

PostSubject: Re: I Picked a Fantastic Time to Join   I Picked a Fantastic Time to Join Icon_minitimeMon 06 May 2013, 12:20 pm

Herro. Thanks for joining AIM. Hope you like it! Smile
Back to top Go down
BlackBird
Ascended
Ascended
BlackBird
Number of posts : 6884

PostSubject: Re: I Picked a Fantastic Time to Join   I Picked a Fantastic Time to Join Icon_minitimeMon 06 May 2013, 5:43 pm

Hi Dent.Saw you in NFMM for a couple of times Fuckface
Back to top Go down
ACVoong
Ownage Elite
Ownage Elite
ACVoong
Number of posts : 3994

PostSubject: Re: I Picked a Fantastic Time to Join   I Picked a Fantastic Time to Join Icon_minitimeMon 06 May 2013, 6:52 pm

You must be Dent. Welcome to AIM, enjoy your stay! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Afterburn
Limited Divinity
Limited Divinity
Afterburn
Number of posts : 2359

PostSubject: Re: I Picked a Fantastic Time to Join   I Picked a Fantastic Time to Join Icon_minitimeMon 06 May 2013, 9:24 pm

It's about time you registered here Dent Very Happy I'm sure you'll enjoy it here like most of us have. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mr.monster
Owned Gamer
Owned Gamer
Mr.monster
Number of posts : 131

PostSubject: Re: I Picked a Fantastic Time to Join   I Picked a Fantastic Time to Join Icon_minitimeTue 07 May 2013, 12:46 pm

Androgeos wrote:
Hello, all.

While I figure out how to put everything back together, I thought I'd write a little bit about the past year, from the day Omar made NFM2 until now. I've done this on Facebook in a similar manner last year, when I was at what I still believe was the height of my time on NFMM.

The urge to use Kool Kat didn't come immediately, and to be very honest, I hated the car at first. Hard to steer, hard to land, hard to avoid anything, very easy to make bad landings with. On the other hand, I had grown bored with using all the high-end cars in NFM2, so I thought "Well, why not. Try and master one of the worst cars in the game. I have time."

In time, I grew used to the car's quirks. I even found that there were some things it could do that most of the other cars can't except with great difficulty. Stunting off a sandbar, for instance, or speeding up while doing back flips. It also helps that Kool Kat is primarily a shade of purple, which eventually replaced green as my favourite colour over the years. Of course, the reality is that Kool Kat is still a pretty weak car, so I ended up seeing as a "limiter" and a way to practice my driving skills, mostly for racing. I eventually developed a racing style that is fast, but not the fastest, and lacks flamboyance. My racing victories rarely showed a Game Highlight.

When I first participated in the multiplayer beta (I missed the first session, but was available for subsequent ones), I had to pick a name. Not being a very creative person, I did it the easy way. I mashed the first two letters and last two letters of my full nickname (it comprises three names, and the very first one is not Androgeos). The result was Dent, and I've been using that name on NFMM ever since.

At some point in time, I decided to have a little fun, and started moving between rooms, joining specific stages just to see how good the participants were. My aim was never to finish 1st, but to go as fast as I can in a rubbish car and see who knows the stage and the car they are using better than I do. If I finished 2nd despite doing my best to win, I've seen what I came to see. This was how I came to know so many great racers. A racer who went by the name of karlDbas was the first player ever to win me in a race using Wow Caninaro. I've never won a race against CHARLOTTE even when she uses Tornado Shark except through technicalities (she had a poor connection at one point), and in that one race I had against the Nimi racer, Meccaryn, I lost in The Garden of the King. Because my performance on NFMM never improves or degrades, I've also seen how MAXPOWER started out as a pretty weak racer, but eventually surpassed me in almost every regard.

Anyway.

My account was placed on lockdown two days ago due to my subscription expiring. However, I still have an interest in the game and, seeing that the Car Maker Forums is an absolute wreck, decided to finally join AIM. There is no better time for me to join than now, when my NFMM account has just expired. It means I can focus more on other things, such as setting up this new PC I've been using for the past two weeks so that I can make even more "ports" and experiment with the Stage Maker.

In conclusion, greetings to everyone. Again.
GREAT DENT U HAVE JOIN AIM GAMES.HOPE U LIKE AIM GAMES FORUMS.JOIN UR STAY HERE
Back to top Go down
http://google.com
Amplifier
True Gamer
True Gamer
Amplifier
Number of posts : 3933

PostSubject: Re: I Picked a Fantastic Time to Join   I Picked a Fantastic Time to Join Icon_minitimeTue 28 May 2013, 10:04 pm

Wassup dent I've SEEN u on NFMM so HAVE A NICE TIME Razz
Back to top Go down
Fastcar800
Computer Freak
Computer Freak
Fastcar800
Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: I Picked a Fantastic Time to Join   I Picked a Fantastic Time to Join Icon_minitimeTue 28 May 2013, 10:41 pm

Welcome to Aerodu. InhumanPwnage. MDX, or AIM! Enjoy your stay! And don't even ask who MDX is... XD
Back to top Go down
Fallen Angel
Karma Caper
Karma Caper
Fallen Angel
Number of posts : 194

PostSubject: Re: I Picked a Fantastic Time to Join   I Picked a Fantastic Time to Join Icon_minitimeWed 29 May 2013, 3:48 pm

Well, since everyone is like WELCOME DENT! I guess I'll do the same thing. Hope this place doesn't go the way of the CMF forums. IT WAS ALL THE CAR CODES! I KNEW IT!
Back to top Go down
Split
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Split
Number of posts : 2094

PostSubject: Re: I Picked a Fantastic Time to Join   I Picked a Fantastic Time to Join Icon_minitimeThu 30 May 2013, 3:19 am

Hello Dent. I believe I've raced you on nfmm. Anyways, welcome to aim!
Back to top Go down
Aero
Nu Radical
Nu Radical
Aero
Number of posts : 2910

PostSubject: Re: I Picked a Fantastic Time to Join   I Picked a Fantastic Time to Join Icon_minitimeThu 30 May 2013, 4:26 am

Technically this wasn't the best time to join aim..,you should have joined back in the begining of 2011 but anyways,welcome to aim.
Back to top Go down
Jiggnfm
Hidden Agenda
Hidden Agenda
Jiggnfm
Number of posts : 10256

PostSubject: Re: I Picked a Fantastic Time to Join   I Picked a Fantastic Time to Join Icon_minitimeThu 30 May 2013, 5:18 am

Welcome to AIM Dent! Smile

I like your Rainbow Bunchie... Razz
Back to top Go down
http://streetblunt954.wordpress.com/
SinfulBliss
Mercenary
Mercenary
SinfulBliss
Number of posts : 1353

PostSubject: Re: I Picked a Fantastic Time to Join   I Picked a Fantastic Time to Join Icon_minitimeThu 30 May 2013, 6:13 am

Hey Dent. Welcome to Aim! Every time is a good time to join Aim. It may have been a little better to join around 2012, but no matter. We say this because an incident occurred where multiple users' accounts were reset, mine included.

Just know, lots of people here may look like rookies etc, but their accounts just might have been reset. Emphasis on don't judge a book by it's cover Razz

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your stay. Using a low-tier car is good, but only for training purposes. Then again, you and Afterburn may have a good argument for that Wink

Back to top Go down
PARTHAWAII
Noob Owner
Noob Owner
PARTHAWAII
Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: I Picked a Fantastic Time to Join   I Picked a Fantastic Time to Join Icon_minitimeThu 30 May 2013, 10:46 am

Agree that it is such a fantastic time to join. Kool kat is a cool car for the game.
Aloha and enjoy Aim, Mahalo.
Back to top Go down
https://plus.google.com/app/basic/115536769595055480442/about?cb
Kaffeinated
Wanderer
Wanderer
Kaffeinated
Number of posts : 7988

PostSubject: Re: I Picked a Fantastic Time to Join   I Picked a Fantastic Time to Join Icon_minitimeFri 31 May 2013, 6:28 pm

Welcome to the forum
Back to top Go down
http://www.HIRED.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Picked a Fantastic Time to Join   I Picked a Fantastic Time to Join Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Picked a Fantastic Time to Join

View previous topic View next topic Back to top