AIM Games
Welcome to the AIM Forums, the first Forum to ever be dedicated to Need For Madness!

To post a message/topic on the forums, you must REGISTER.

To REGISTER, click on the Button at the bottom of this message, or else at the top of the page. Without a user on these forums, you can only view some forums available to the public.

Have Fun and Feel free to ask/post anything here NFM related, or else just to chat. We have a chat-room at the bottom of this page, for only registered users to chat on though.
AIM Games
Welcome to the AIM Forums, the first Forum to ever be dedicated to Need For Madness!

To post a message/topic on the forums, you must REGISTER.

To REGISTER, click on the Button at the bottom of this message, or else at the top of the page. Without a user on these forums, you can only view some forums available to the public.

Have Fun and Feel free to ask/post anything here NFM related, or else just to chat. We have a chat-room at the bottom of this page, for only registered users to chat on though.
AIM Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official AIM Games Forums

HomeRegisterLog in
Announcements:
HTML has been disabled. I have been kind enough to allow customising of posts, but I guess it's either freedom or no freedom at all.
I am lazy to do Forum Awards this year.

Share | 

Car balance & possibility of tiers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Alex Kirchu
Nu Radical
Nu Radical
Alex Kirchu
Number of posts : 2893

Car balance & possibility of tiers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car balance & possibility of tiers   Car balance & possibility of tiers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 8:39 am

Well that's the bias part of the game, something which exists in all parts of voting and multiplayer. I dunno is my answer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Car balance & possibility of tiers   Car balance & possibility of tiers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep 2010, 2:38 am

i dont want voting! im going to make a hypercar that will be super fast, super acel. no handiling (i love drifting), near max air control, max revenge strength, and f7 endurance.
ill be good with it but i bet nOObs are gonna go: "he has an awesome car, and its stat hacked, so he must be good. i vote class A for it so i can unfairly kill it instantly with rad1 and dr monstaa and look skilled doing it!"

my car i hope people vote class B Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Car balance & possibility of tiers   Car balance & possibility of tiers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep 2010, 5:21 am

It's not balanced enough, pretty good though.

I would make my care have almost max speed, while still being able to have enough strength to take a few hard hits without dying. I'll keep his power save pretty low, but make his aerial control higher.

I'll also going to lower his handling so that I can heighten his strength and speed, or power save.
Back to top Go down
Rage007
Sp3c1al1s3d
Sp3c1al1s3d
Rage007
Number of posts : 3354

PostSubject: Re: Car balance & possibility of tiers   Car balance & possibility of tiers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep 2010, 12:03 pm

For my car, Acceleration and Endurance maxed, Air Control like Nimi, Speed like EL KING, Handling like High Rider, and Strength like average R8
Back to top Go down
http://mablogisawesome.blogspot.com/
TendaMonsta
Code Thief

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Car balance & possibility of tiers   Car balance & possibility of tiers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Oct 2010, 12:31 am

Random Car selection - Would be an interesting option to implement and would add to the strategy since you don't really know what car you are getting and you would need to adjust to the settings for the race.

This was just taken from one of my topics I started and I didn't know about this one. Whats your opinion on random car selection?
Back to top Go down
MDX
Morph Manipulator
Morph Manipulator
MDX
Number of posts : 5220

PostSubject: Re: Car balance & possibility of tiers   Car balance & possibility of tiers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Oct 2010, 4:32 pm

I think Randomness would be good... within tiers of course. I wouldn't want to see myself get a randomly selected Tier D car and all my opponents get a randomly selected Tier A.
Back to top Go down
TendaMonsta
Code Thief

PostSubject: Re: Car balance & possibility of tiers   Car balance & possibility of tiers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Oct 2010, 6:01 am

Or an option of either Tier Class or all random.

Maybe when creating cars there will be an option of a class and that will give you a certain number of stats you can use on your car instead of everyone making their car completely unstoppable.

What if Omar completely knocks out custom cars?
Back to top Go down
Alex Kirchu
Nu Radical
Nu Radical
Alex Kirchu

PostSubject: Re: Car balance & possibility of tiers   Car balance & possibility of tiers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Oct 2010, 9:33 am

Why would he do that? He already said that he would have custom cars as an option.
Back to top Go down
TendaMonsta
Code Thief

PostSubject: Re: Car balance & possibility of tiers   Car balance & possibility of tiers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Nov 2010, 1:32 am

Alex Kirchu wrote:
Why would he do that? He already said that he would have custom cars as an option.
This is just a random thought. Think about it...What if some hackers just kept making unstoppable cars? Multi-player wouldn't be as fun. Although I think the better option is to have custom Cars based on tier with a predetermined amount of stats the player can use.

I probably won't be making any custom cars simply because it is very tedious to learn the coding. Although having an application that allows for easy creation of a custom car would be nice especially for people who aren't gifted with the knowledge of building a car, or for new people.

Back to top Go down
Alex Kirchu
Nu Radical
Nu Radical
Alex Kirchu

PostSubject: Re: Car balance & possibility of tiers   Car balance & possibility of tiers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Nov 2010, 6:04 am

Look, if you've read the previous posts, you would know that Omar will have a class system of voting.

For example, if you've made a custom car, and you add it to the game, before you can use it, other people will vote on what class it should be based on its looks. Then, depending on what class your car is in, it will have a certain amount of stat points or whatever.
Back to top Go down
TendaMonsta
Code Thief

PostSubject: Re: Car balance & possibility of tiers   Car balance & possibility of tiers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 02 Nov 2010, 10:23 pm

Excuse me...I think I worded that wrong. What if some people hack the system and somehow learn to implement their own car with whatever stats.

I meant hackers as in real hackers that cheat the system.

Sorry for not making things clear.

IDEA: Since we were talking about taking MASHEEN out earlier I think we could keep him for a hypothetical game mode.
I think that MASHEEN should be in a hypothetical game mode called DIGGER or DIGGER's Revenge. A player is chosen randomly to be "Digger" and has all stats maxed out except acceleration and stunts, while the other players cars are all different colors of nimi.

I couldn't find a topic to post IDEA in so I just added it here.
Back to top Go down
Alex Kirchu
Nu Radical
Nu Radical
Alex Kirchu

PostSubject: Re: Car balance & possibility of tiers   Car balance & possibility of tiers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Nov 2010, 7:49 am

Nice idea.

However, real hackers haven't been a problem for NFM online yet, so why should it be in the future?
Back to top Go down
TendaMonsta
Code Thief

PostSubject: Re: Car balance & possibility of tiers   Car balance & possibility of tiers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Nov 2010, 8:16 am

It always tends to happen whenever there is an online game. For some reason one person knows how to hack the system and then it spreads like a virus.

Enough negative talk...This probably won't happen anyway because whats the fun in that anyway? I cannot wait for multiplayer!!
Back to top Go down
MDX
Morph Manipulator
Morph Manipulator
MDX
Number of posts : 5220

PostSubject: Re: Car balance & possibility of tiers   Car balance & possibility of tiers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Nov 2010, 1:54 pm

Omar Waly said the jar file was completely untouchable. Which means nobody can find/edit it. I hope its true.
Back to top Go down
Rage007
Sp3c1al1s3d
Sp3c1al1s3d
Rage007
Number of posts : 3354

PostSubject: Re: Car balance & possibility of tiers   Car balance & possibility of tiers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Nov 2010, 2:10 pm

unless they are some ruddy HTML expert that can trace the mad.jar down
Back to top Go down
http://mablogisawesome.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Car balance & possibility of tiers   Car balance & possibility of tiers - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Car balance & possibility of tiers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AIM Games :: Need For Madness :: NFM Discussion :: Multiplayer-