AIM Games
Welcome to the AIM Forums, the first Forum to ever be dedicated to Need For Madness!

To post a message/topic on the forums, you must REGISTER.

To REGISTER, click on the Button at the bottom of this message, or else at the top of the page. Without a user on these forums, you can only view some forums available to the public.

Have Fun and Feel free to ask/post anything here NFM related, or else just to chat. We have a chat-room at the bottom of this page, for only registered users to chat on though.
AIM Games
Welcome to the AIM Forums, the first Forum to ever be dedicated to Need For Madness!

To post a message/topic on the forums, you must REGISTER.

To REGISTER, click on the Button at the bottom of this message, or else at the top of the page. Without a user on these forums, you can only view some forums available to the public.

Have Fun and Feel free to ask/post anything here NFM related, or else just to chat. We have a chat-room at the bottom of this page, for only registered users to chat on though.
AIM Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official AIM Games Forums

HomeRegisterLog in
Announcements:
HTML has been disabled. I have been kind enough to allow customising of posts, but I guess it's either freedom or no freedom at all.
I am lazy to do Forum Awards this year.

Share | 

If NFMM have no lag............

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Dex
Half Life
Half Life

Number of posts : 1770

If NFMM have no lag............ - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If NFMM have no lag............   If NFMM have no lag............ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 04 Nov 2013, 2:14 pm

SinfulBliss wrote:
Rocket wrote:
If there was no lag, it would be much easier to waste because some people have connection where they can backhit me without getting damage, but whenever I try to hit someone from the side or the back I usually get damaged, and sometimes they don't even get damaged at all. :xSo yeah if there wasn't lag then it would be less unfair
Someone just asked me a question about why this happens a few days ago. If you want, the answer is in the spoiler below (it's long):

Spoiler:

Anyway... I don't think an absence of lag would effect the fairness of races, TBH. Even if there was no lag, people would still be able to cheap hit others. Lag just removes recoil from these hits. Although, it's all even, because everything your opponent can do to you, you can also do to him.
Phyrexian wrote:
SinfulBliss wrote:
Rocket wrote:
If there was no lag, it would be much easier to waste because some people have connection where they can backhit me without getting damage, but whenever I try to hit someone from the side or the back I usually get damaged, and sometimes they don't even get damaged at all. :xSo yeah if there wasn't lag then it would be less unfair
Someone just asked me a question about why this happens a few days ago. If you want, the answer is in the spoiler below (it's long):

Spoiler:

Anyway... I don't think an absence of lag would effect the fairness of races, TBH. Even if there was no lag, people would still be able to cheap hit others. Lag just removes recoil from these hits. Although, it's all even, because everything your opponent can do to you, you can also do to him.
Sometimes you CAN backhit, if you and your opponents have REALLY good connections and if you drive deep enough into your opponents car before getting spun out of launched or whatever. Sometimes I can backhit head on Nitro or Dexterity :p

Also, Im in favour of lag because if there was none OPs would totally smash R1s to death, and it would make using B/C cars in All classes races a real pain to do.
Backhits are always in result of your lag being, well, basically IN the other persons lag-trail completely, or should I say in line but where you're further ahead which gives you the upper arm of that backhit. Phy, head-on backhits make no sense to me since you're driving AT the person, or do you mean driving into my back and somehow glitching through me which results in you getting tossed to the side as well as myself being spun out. Whenever you hit people like that you get more damage from the recoil alone, yourself than the person who you "head-on" backhit.

Backhits are at the most annoying in racing because you don't know if your opponent is either behind you or infront of you until you notice the nose of their case on your screen, but by then it's too late to evade.
Back to top Go down
Radical24
Ownage Elite
Ownage Elite
Radical24
Number of posts : 4150

PostSubject: Re: If NFMM have no lag............   If NFMM have no lag............ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 04 Nov 2013, 4:55 pm

Actually, if there was no lag there would be less hitting or "dirty racing" in races, because some people slightly teleport from time to time just slightly, but almost everyone has it, some people even have alot worst connection when it comes to teleporting, and the more your enemies teleport the more you're gonna hit them
Back to top Go down
EDragon205
Janitor
Janitor
EDragon205
Number of posts : 100

PostSubject: Re: If NFMM have no lag............   If NFMM have no lag............ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jan 2014, 2:42 am

I think it will be a lot nicer, because people can't nuke you if you have a really strong car. The thing is, you can make a car with max endurance and still get 1 hit KO'd because of nuking. Nuking is, as you know, caused by lag. I also think it will be good, because you can't perform such glitches and cheat just to win.
Back to top Go down
SinfulBliss
Mercenary
Mercenary
SinfulBliss
Number of posts : 1353

PostSubject: Re: If NFMM have no lag............   If NFMM have no lag............ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jan 2014, 5:06 am

Just for the record, if there was no lag, hitting the back of an opponent to make him spin out horribly, or landing on him from behind to send him flying would always be a valid option for you.

I agree again, Steam. With no lag, the game breaks wasting-wise.
Back to top Go down
Radical24
Ownage Elite
Ownage Elite
Radical24
Number of posts : 4150

PostSubject: Re: If NFMM have no lag............   If NFMM have no lag............ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jan 2014, 5:10 pm

I feel about lag a bit differently now, the thing is, it might not be a great thing for wasting if NFMM had no lag because when you hit you would also take damage, which will result people being even more defensive then they are now, not wanting to hit others because it will also increase their damage bar, although unlimited fixing games wouldn't be a bad option at that time, plus racing would be alot better without lag because if you want to dirty race other you would have to hit them which will also most likely spun yourself out as well
overall, we can't exactly know exactly how multiplayer was without lag, so i can't say for sure which one is better, i still think one day omar will manage to fix the lag though, the lag in NFMM is alot worst then any other games i seen, and nowdays alot of games are almost lagfree, so that might be in the far future.
Back to top Go down
Blade
Owned Gamer
Owned Gamer
Blade
Number of posts : 139

PostSubject: Re: If NFMM have no lag............   If NFMM have no lag............ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jan 2014, 5:48 pm

if nfmm had no lag,i would still lose over half the games i play.
so it wouldnt matter to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If NFMM have no lag............   If NFMM have no lag............ - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If NFMM have no lag............

View previous topic View next topic Back to top