AIM Games
Welcome to the AIM Forums, the first Forum to ever be dedicated to Need For Madness!

To post a message/topic on the forums, you must REGISTER.

To REGISTER, click on the Button at the bottom of this message, or else at the top of the page. Without a user on these forums, you can only view some forums available to the public.

Have Fun and Feel free to ask/post anything here NFM related, or else just to chat. We have a chat-room at the bottom of this page, for only registered users to chat on though.
AIM Games
Welcome to the AIM Forums, the first Forum to ever be dedicated to Need For Madness!

To post a message/topic on the forums, you must REGISTER.

To REGISTER, click on the Button at the bottom of this message, or else at the top of the page. Without a user on these forums, you can only view some forums available to the public.

Have Fun and Feel free to ask/post anything here NFM related, or else just to chat. We have a chat-room at the bottom of this page, for only registered users to chat on though.
AIM Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official AIM Games Forums

HomeRegisterLog in
Announcements:
HTML has been disabled. I have been kind enough to allow customising of posts, but I guess it's either freedom or no freedom at all.
I am lazy to do Forum Awards this year.

Share | 

Someone screwed up bad..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MDX
Morph Manipulator
Morph Manipulator
MDX
Number of posts : 5220

Someone screwed up bad.. Empty
PostSubject: Someone screwed up bad..   Someone screwed up bad.. Icon_minitimeMon 24 Dec 2012, 2:19 am

I too am intrigued.

Last edited by MDX on Wed 26 Dec 2012, 12:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Phantasmagoria
Sp3c1al1s3d
Sp3c1al1s3d
Phantasmagoria
Number of posts : 3281

PostSubject: Re: Someone screwed up bad..   Someone screwed up bad.. Icon_minitimeMon 24 Dec 2012, 2:21 am

You are?
I would think you and IP would at least talk about it first..
Back to top Go down
MDX
Morph Manipulator
Morph Manipulator
MDX

PostSubject: Re: Someone screwed up bad..   Someone screwed up bad.. Icon_minitimeMon 24 Dec 2012, 2:23 am

Shockey wrote:
I would think you and IP would at least talk about it first..

I'd think so, too. Go figure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Someone screwed up bad..   Someone screwed up bad.. Icon_minitimeMon 24 Dec 2012, 2:48 am

Considering you didn't talk with IP first when demoding me, I don't think it's very surprising.

Anyway Fastcar, I promise you I'll do my best not to start the destruction of the planet Wink
Back to top Go down
MDX
Morph Manipulator
Morph Manipulator
MDX

PostSubject: Re: Someone screwed up bad..   Someone screwed up bad.. Icon_minitimeMon 24 Dec 2012, 3:18 am

SinfulBliss wrote:
Considering you didn't talk with IP first when demoding me, I don't think it's very surprising.

Ah yes, I missed you SB. I missed the way you used to say stuff without knowing what you're talking about. It seems people never do change.

I had, infact talked several times with IP about our displeasure at your less-than-admirable (to not use other words) job as a global moderator before you got demoded.

Seeing as you've just got reassigned (without my consent) I wouldn't suggest throwing around accusations at my performance as an administrator, especially if they are as baseless as the one above.

Last edited by MDX on Mon 24 Dec 2012, 3:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Someone screwed up bad..   Someone screwed up bad.. Icon_minitimeMon 24 Dec 2012, 7:09 am

MDX wrote:
Ah yes, I missed you SB. I missed the way you used to say stuff without knowing what you're talking about. It seems people never do change.

I had, infact talked several times with IP about our displeasure at your less-than-admirable (to not use other words) job as a global moderator before you got demoded.

Seeing as you've just got reassigned (without my consent) I wouldn't suggest throwing around accusations at my performance as an administrator, especially if they are as baseless as the one above.

I'm careful to pick my words, MDX. Especially after I was demoded because of my choice of words. You may have talked with him, but he never agreed to letting you demod me. You performed the action without his consent, much as he modded me again without yours. This I am sure of, as he told me directly that he wasn't there and wouldn't have agreed with the decision.

Furthermore, maybe there wouldn't be such confusion about who said what if we'd have had a nice Aim-Staff meeting with you, IP, and me to discuss the matters concerning you. I suggested this. I think we should have one on Skype, audio or text, once a month, to discuss Aim or my moderation and how I can improve. I still respect you as a higher-up MDX, don't take my accusations as insults.
Back to top Go down
Phantasmagoria
Sp3c1al1s3d
Sp3c1al1s3d
Phantasmagoria
Number of posts : 3281

PostSubject: Re: Someone screwed up bad..   Someone screwed up bad.. Icon_minitimeMon 24 Dec 2012, 3:15 pm

SinfulBliss wrote:
MDX wrote:

I'm careful to pick my words, MDX. Especially after I was demoded because of my choice of words. You may have talked with him, but he never agreed to letting you demod me. You performed the action without his consent, much as he modded me again without yours. This I am sure of, as he told me directly that he wasn't there and wouldn't have agreed with the decision.

Furthermore, maybe there wouldn't be such confusion about who said what if we'd have had a nice Aim-Staff meeting with you, IP, and me to discuss the matters concerning you. I suggested this. I think we should have one on Skype, audio or text, once a month, to discuss Aim or my moderation and how I can improve. I still respect you as a higher-up MDX, don't take my accusations as insults.

What is this, a love-hate relationship? XD
Back to top Go down
MDX
Morph Manipulator
Morph Manipulator
MDX

PostSubject: Re: Someone screwed up bad..   Someone screwed up bad.. Icon_minitimeMon 24 Dec 2012, 5:11 pm

SinfulBliss wrote:

Nobody talked about the moment of your demotion from mod. As I recall, you went berserk on the chatbox to which I had no choice but to unmod you. IP wasn't present at the time, so unless I used telepathy, I couldn't ask for his consent at the time. That said, I had spoken to him several times beforehand. As of the time of your modding, nothing was said to me concerning you or the fact that you MIGHT get modded again.

I will not answer the second paragraph as it has nothing to do with the current situation. As some wise-person said once, "failure is made of 'should-have's'".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Someone screwed up bad..   Someone screwed up bad.. Icon_minitimeMon 24 Dec 2012, 5:25 pm

MDX wrote:
SinfulBliss wrote:

Nobody talked about the moment of your demotion from mod. As I recall, you went berserk on the chatbox to which I had no choice but to unmod you. IP wasn't present at the time, so unless I used telepathy, I couldn't ask for his consent at the time. That said, I had spoken to him several times beforehand. As of the time of your modding, nothing was said to me concerning you or the fact that you MIGHT get modded again.

I will not answer the second paragraph as it has nothing to do with the current situation. As some wise-person said once, "failure is made of 'should-have's'".

Failure...more like regret I'd say.
Back to top Go down
MDX
Morph Manipulator
Morph Manipulator
MDX

PostSubject: Re: Someone screwed up bad..   Someone screwed up bad.. Icon_minitimeMon 24 Dec 2012, 5:47 pm

Ah, I see. So you regret winning/being successful. Okay...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Someone screwed up bad..   Someone screwed up bad.. Icon_minitimeMon 24 Dec 2012, 7:45 pm

MDX wrote:
Ah, I see. So you regret winning/being successful. Okay...

I corrected your "saying by a wise person," with a word I thought to be more suitable.

And not everything is about success/winning. Thats limited thinking. Thinking beyond, reach excellence, success just comes along.
Of course now your limited thinking brain would probably not be able to understand that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Someone screwed up bad..   Someone screwed up bad.. Icon_minitimeMon 24 Dec 2012, 11:46 pm

MDX wrote:

Don't act like you had no choice, because that statement is very deceptive. Ever since IP modded me you've been taking any little opportunity to demote me. You instigated the argument on the chat box and egged me on rather than doing the responsible thing and ending the argument.

So now you agree you didn't and couldn't get IP's consent. Well, If I recall correctly, you weren't there when IP decided to mod me again. So unless you believe he has telepathy, you're being a hypocrite.

You're right, the second paragraph doesn't concern this situation. It addresses a possible repeat of the disaster that happened some months ago and a method of prevention. Perhaps you should consider it, since I know we both don't want that to happen again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Someone screwed up bad..   Someone screwed up bad.. Icon_minitimeTue 25 Dec 2012, 6:26 am

SinfulBliss wrote:
MDX wrote:

Don't act like you had no choice, because that statement is very deceptive. Ever since IP modded me you've been taking any little opportunity to demote me. You instigated the argument on the chat box and egged me on rather than doing the responsible thing and ending the argument.

So now you agree you didn't and couldn't get IP's consent. Well, If I recall correctly, you weren't there when IP decided to mod me again. So unless you believe he has telepathy, you're being a hypocrite.

You're right, the second paragraph doesn't concern this situation. It addresses a possible repeat of the disaster that happened some months ago and a method of prevention. Perhaps you should consider it, since I know we both don't want that to happen again.

SB, quit arguing now. You've been re-assigned as the global moderator. Start acting like one.
Back to top Go down
MDX
Morph Manipulator
Morph Manipulator
MDX

PostSubject: Re: Someone screwed up bad..   Someone screwed up bad.. Icon_minitimeTue 25 Dec 2012, 6:32 am

Raza156 wrote:
I corrected your "saying by a wise person," with a word I thought to be more suitable.

And not everything is about success/winning. Thats limited thinking. Thinking beyond, reach excellence, success just comes along.
Of course now your limited thinking brain would probably not be able to understand that.

Leaving your flame bait aside, allow me to point out your redundancy: success is the same as achieving a favorable goal. If your goal is to reach excellence and you reach that goal, that is considered a success. This, of course, makes your comment a simple contradiction in which you say being successful is not important and proceed to say that succeeding is what matters.

SinfulBliss wrote:

What are you talking about? I was not even admin when you were modded in the first place. Also, I have no clue what sent you on a rampage that day. Its been way too long and, again, it doesn't really matter to the current discussion.

As to your second point, I am not suggesting he has telepathy, I simply stated that I had no idea he intended to make you mod again. He did know I was displeased with your conduct (as he was himself as well) before I unmodded you, though. That is all I would have expected of him. Alas none of that was communicated to me and I was surprised at your new status. Stop reading what you want to read and read what I actually write or you'll be forever trapped in the straw man pits.

Now, if you want to be calling me a hypocrite I suggest you think twice because as Raza said:

Raza156 wrote:
You've been re-assigned as the global moderator. Start acting like one.

At least have the decency to abstain from insulting people, especially when they are your superiors.

Last edited by MDX on Tue 25 Dec 2012, 6:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Someone screwed up bad..   Someone screwed up bad.. Icon_minitimeTue 25 Dec 2012, 6:43 am

MDX wrote:
Raza156 wrote:

Leaving your flame bait aside, allow me to point out your redundancy: success is the same as achieving a favorable goal. If your goal is to reach excellence and you reach that goal, that is considered a success. This, of course, makes your comment a simple contradiction in which you say being successful is not important and proceed to say that succeeding is what matters.

You simply fail to understand the difference between "being successful" and "achieving excellence."

Success is often measured by comparison to others. Excellence, on the other hand, is all about being the best we can be and maximizing our gifts, talents and abilities to perform at our highest potential. We live in a world that loves to compare, no offence, but same goes for you.
What I'm trying to say is that we must focus on being the best we can be, and you should know that our greatest competition in not someone else but ourselves.

To make this more understandable for you, I'll give an example. Suppose you're in a football team.
Success is that you are playing for the sake of wining.
Excellence is that you are focused on playing the best you possibly can.

Achieving excellence is shortly followed by achieving success. Excellence IS NOT success.

I don't expect you to understand it. I doubt you will.

~Steam
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Someone screwed up bad..   Someone screwed up bad.. Icon_minitimeTue 25 Dec 2012, 3:44 pm

MDX wrote:
What are you talking about? I was not even admin when you were modded in the first place. Also, I have no clue what sent you on a rampage that day. Its been way too long and, again, it doesn't really matter to the current discussion.

As to your second point, I am not suggesting he has telepathy, I simply stated that I had no idea he intended to make you mod again. He did know I was displeased with your conduct (as he was himself as well) before I unmodded you, though. That is all I would have expected of him. Alas none of that was communicated to me and I was surprised at your new status. Stop reading what you want to read and read what I actually write or you'll be forever trapped in the straw man pits.

Now, if you want to be calling me a hypocrite I suggest you think twice because as Raza said:

Raza156 wrote:

At least have the decency to abstain from insulting people, especially when they are your superiors.

You weren't admin when I was modded? As I recall, you indeed still possessed the red coloring when I was being modded. I already stated I respected you as a higher-up, despite my arguments against your opinions. Also, I don't believe Raza should be the one giving out advice. That statement was hypocritical as well, because as you tell me to abstain from insulting my superiors you're enforcing an insult Raza just made to my moderating.

IP knew you were displeased with my moderating beforehand, however he did not know of the action. So, I don't see how you can be so surprised over IP modding me again with you not knowing of the action. IP would have stopped the demoting of me, and you would have stopped the modding of me. They're no different.

I hate to argue at Christmas, but it seems this hasn't ended yet. There's really nothing to debate, though. We should both except the current conditions and go from there. Talking about the past is pointless, and now this is the past. Hopefully we can agree to disagree.

Anyway, I again say you should take into consideration monthly triangular administrative-wing meetings. I think it'd resolve a lot of issues, and frankly I'm confused why you turn the idea down so quickly.

So, enjoy your Christmas, and hopefully we have this history-debate sorted out.

Last edited by SinfulBliss on Tue 25 Dec 2012, 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Someone screwed up bad..   Someone screwed up bad.. Icon_minitimeTue 25 Dec 2012, 4:59 pm

SinfulBliss wrote:
MDX wrote:

Raza156 wrote:

You weren't admin when I was modded? As I recall, you indeed still possessed the red coloring when I was being modded. I already stated I respected you as a higher-up, despite my arguments against your opinions. Also, I don't believe Raza should be the one giving out advice. That statement was hypocritical as well, because as you tell me to abstain from insulting my superiors you're enforcing an insult Raza just made to my moderating.

IP knew you were displeased with my moderating beforehand, however he did not know of the action. So, I don't see how you can be so surprised over IP modding me again with you not knowing of the action. IP would have stopped the demoting of me, and you would have stopped the modding of me. They're no different.

I hate to argue at Christmas, but it seems this hasn't ended yet. There's really nothing to debate, though. We should both except the current conditions and go from there. Talking about the past is pointless, and now this is the past. Hopefully we can agree to disagree.

Anyway, I again say you should take into consideration monthly triangular administrative-wing meetings. I think it'd resolve a lot of issues, and frankly I'm confused why you turn the idea down so quickly.

Seriously guys. Quit arguing. As much as I agree with what SB is saying relating him getting demoted and getting re-assigned as the moderator, I would'nt like to put my leg in the matter. MDX, I don't uderstand. You're one half of the forum administrators, and you keep on dragging the argument when it should've ended by now. You both might have different opinions regarding each other, but this isn't how to resolve it. I know I have no right whatsoever to butt in over here but as a member of the AIM community, I believe so that I have the right to correct you where you are wrong, and the way you're displaying your role as the forum administrator is not how an admin is. Act mature. Agree with what has been done. And move on. No harm has been done. Trust me, SB is better then any "female" moderator you might have been having any plans about. I hope that in the future you both learn to have a friendly relationship with each other.
Remember, we are a family, the whole AIM community. If one of us are damaged, the whole system gets distorted.
Merry Christmas.

~Steam
Back to top Go down
MDX
Morph Manipulator
Morph Manipulator
MDX

PostSubject: Re: Someone screwed up bad..   Someone screwed up bad.. Icon_minitimeTue 25 Dec 2012, 5:15 pm

Raza156 wrote:
*snip needlessly contrived explanation*
Again, let's ignore the flame bait.

Using your own example: If my goal was to achieve excellence (play my best) and I indeed reached it (played my best), then I was successful in attaining my goal. Logic 101:

Premise 1) Success is achieving favorable goals. (this is in any dictionary)
Premise 2) The player's goal is to be excellent.
Premise 3) The player achieves excellence.
Conclusion: The player has achieved excellence, therefore he has reached his goal, therefore we has been successful.

Questions about the "greater good" (the good of the team) are inconsequential in this study as we have to focus on a single subject (simple or collective) at a time. For the proposition above I focused on the player. Focusing on the team as a subject can be done and the conclusion will be identical.

Premise 1) Success is achieving favorable goals.
Premise 2) The team's goal is to win.
Premise 3) The team wins.
Conclusion: The team has won, therefore the team reached its goal, therefore the team has been successful.

If the player has several goals, he may succeed at some and fail at others. The above reasoning still stands in any situation.

SinfulBliss wrote:

Straw man #1: Raza gives you advice. You view it as an insult.
Straw man #2: I talk about being surprised and not expecting you to be mod. You go into "defense-mode" and start talking about a situation in which the opposite happened. IP wasn't surprised at the fact I demoded you because he knew we were talking about your performance way before the fact. I've told you this 3 times already.
Straw man #3: I say your meeting idea is irrelevant to the topic at hand. You immediately assume I'm turning it down.

Inconsistency #1: You started talking about the past:
SinfulBliss wrote:
Considering you didn't talk with IP first when demoding me
and now you posit that talking about the past is pointless.

For the record I stand by the fact that the past is irrelevant.

Grammar error #1: "(...)should both except the current(...)" accept*

Regardless of christmas, I believe it high time this forum has some inteligent conversations instead of the childish drivel that permeates most of it. Unfortunately, it's hard to have such a conversation when one of the people you're talking to keeps committing logical fallacies and the other needs to be taught basic deductive reasoning.

EDIT:

Raza156 wrote:
Seriously guys. Quit arguing.
[snip]
Agree with what has been done.

The point of a forum is discussion. Arguing is completely fine if its done respectfully (i.e. according to the rules).

No, I don't have to agree with what happened just because it happened. The word you might be looking for is "accept". I asked a simple question as I was surprised (fourth time explaining it). There is nothing about my acceptence (or lack thereof) of what happened now in the posts above.

The rest of your post is useless rhetoric and demagogy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Someone screwed up bad..   Someone screwed up bad.. Icon_minitimeTue 25 Dec 2012, 6:25 pm

MDX, I originally wrote a long, thought-out reply to your above post. Looking back, it's all for nothing. Despite being accused of writing nothing but "unintelligent childish drivel", I don't think it's worth writing another essay paper in return for you to grade.

Everything that occurred happened in the past, so to avoid any further hypocrisy, I'm going to leave it in the past, and I hope you follow.
Back to top Go down
MDX
Morph Manipulator
Morph Manipulator
MDX

PostSubject: Pointless Argument II   Someone screwed up bad.. Icon_minitimeTue 25 Dec 2012, 9:05 pm

SinfulBliss wrote:
Despite being accused of writing nothing but "unintelligent childish drivel", I don't think it's worth writing another essay paper in return for you to grade.
..and for my final act:

Straw man #4: I say "the forum is permeated with childish drivel". You instantly assume I was talking about you.

*bows*

MDX wrote:
Stop reading what you want to read and read what I actually write
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Someone screwed up bad..   Someone screwed up bad.. Icon_minitimeWed 26 Dec 2012, 4:30 am

MDX wrote:
*bows*

Someone screwed up bad.. Gameshow

On another note, what did everyone do/are doing for Christmas?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Someone screwed up bad..   Someone screwed up bad.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Someone screwed up bad..

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AIM Games-