AIM Games
Welcome to the AIM Forums, the first Forum to ever be dedicated to Need For Madness!

To post a message/topic on the forums, you must REGISTER.

To REGISTER, click on the Button at the bottom of this message, or else at the top of the page. Without a user on these forums, you can only view some forums available to the public.

Have Fun and Feel free to ask/post anything here NFM related, or else just to chat. We have a chat-room at the bottom of this page, for only registered users to chat on though.
AIM Games
Welcome to the AIM Forums, the first Forum to ever be dedicated to Need For Madness!

To post a message/topic on the forums, you must REGISTER.

To REGISTER, click on the Button at the bottom of this message, or else at the top of the page. Without a user on these forums, you can only view some forums available to the public.

Have Fun and Feel free to ask/post anything here NFM related, or else just to chat. We have a chat-room at the bottom of this page, for only registered users to chat on though.
AIM Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official AIM Games Forums

HomeRegisterLog in
Announcements:
HTML has been disabled. I have been kind enough to allow customising of posts, but I guess it's either freedom or no freedom at all.
I am lazy to do Forum Awards this year.

Share | 

Why Not Hack?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SinfulBliss
Mercenary
Mercenary
SinfulBliss
Number of posts : 1353

Why Not Hack? Empty
PostSubject: Why Not Hack?   Why Not Hack? Icon_minitimeWed 28 May 2014, 8:31 pm

NFMM is a highly modifiable, versatile game that has flourished throughout its years. We have seen multiple beauties made from this game, such as Custom Cars, Custom Stages, Custom Versions, and even modified clients for ease of use. However, with this high flexibility of the code comes an issue...

Hacking.

NFMM's files are stored on your computer. If you're good enough, or know someone good enough, you can mold and form the Java code of NFMM to your liking. Unfortunately, NFMM also currently has no system that forces your client to sync with a default server client, hence any edits successfully compiled into the mad.jar file go straight into multiplayer with you.

This includes hacks. If you know your way around Java, you can give an F7 MASHEEN potency. You can give R1 F7 speed, you can even give Nimi Monstaa physics. This isn't the dangerous part, however. The dangerous part is much harder to deal with.

Slight variations. This involves changing stats just a small degree. Enough to get the upper hand in any race, waste, or both round, but not enough to be suspected of hacking. Any user to do this risks being found a hacker, but who can prove it? It seems like an obvious thing to do, right? Hack your stats a bit, get yourself a reputation; profit. Hell, maybe even win a few AIM awards. So this begs the question...

Why not do it?

While I can find dozens of reasons to hack, I can find even more why not to hack.

• You do not improve

This should be rather obvious. If you make your car stronger, you don't have to work as hard to win. You still may have to work (depending on the severity of your modifications), but it will undoubtedly be less difficult. If you don't have to work as hard, you improve slower. Sometimes, you don't improve at all.

• You are hurting the community

How do you think a player feels when he plays his very best, just to end up losing? He feels bad (duh). He then improves, and attempts to get better. You, by hacking, are cheating this player out of his fun. You may even cause a few to quit, lose hope, become less active, etc. Your victory did not involve this process of losses and strain to the degree of any other player. Your win was fake.

• You'll eventually be caught

How do you think someone reacts when they catch on to what you're doing? If you hack, I guarantee you, they already have. They're talking about it behind your back. They're plotting against you. They have devalued you as a player and put you on the blacklist. So much for getting all the glory. If your hack is so minute that no one even notices, you may not get caught; but at that point, why even bother?

• You have defeated the purpose of playing a video game

Have any of you played a game where you can simply type in a cheat code and the game spawns you the strongest guns, vehicles, and memorabilia in the game for free? You have a great time for a bit. You go around destroying everything, winning everything. It's godmode. Unfortunately, you have defeated the purpose of the game. The purpose of a game is to win through difficulty, and have fun. If you remove or lessen the difficulty, you remove or lessen the purpose of the game. If you're ruining the fun for others, you're ruining the game as a whole.

• It feels so much better to win legitimately

The satisfaction of outplaying and tossing aside your competitor, whether easily or through a grueling 30 minute game of hit-and-run, is simply unbeatable. You cannot top this feeling through illegitimate means such as hacking. I have indeed felt both victories, and I can assure you the legit one is much more rewarding. All of the credit goes to you. Your brain and skill merited the win. If you hack, you were on crutches. You did not outplay your competitor, no matter how good you were, because your competitor was not prepared to fight a fraud. Everything was thrown off the hinges when you changed that one stat.

Now...

You may gain the glory. You may think no one even knows you hack, and well, you may be correct. You may recognize how much better you are, how much more potent your play is. However, despite all this, it just takes you. You know you are a fake, you know you didn't earn any of those wins, and you know your name on the 2015 Aim awards is illegitimate. You know some player out there got runner-up on the award, having worked a helluva lot harder than you, due to your injustices.

And that's all it takes. You.

Now, I know some of you reading this hack. I suggest for you to stop. Become a better player, and a better person. Do whatever it takes to quit: whether it involves slowly decreasing your stats until they return to the default, whether it involves taking a dive into the deep end and reinstalling your entire client... Do what it takes. It'll be worth it Wink

~The Need For Madness Community

Last edited by SinfulBliss on Fri 06 Mar 2015, 12:45 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
X-Metal
Limited Divinity
Limited Divinity
X-Metal
Number of posts : 2419

Why Not Hack? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Not Hack?   Why Not Hack? Icon_minitimeWed 28 May 2014, 10:58 pm

I want to ask a question, how exactly did this entire "hacking" problem start? This was a minor issue and as of recent events this has become big news among NFM "politics", if you will.
Back to top Go down
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/
Ultimato
Psychogenic
Psychogenic
Ultimato
Number of posts : 1533

Why Not Hack? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Not Hack?   Why Not Hack? Icon_minitimeWed 28 May 2014, 11:50 pm

Is this aimed at anyone in particular? I'd be curious to know seeing as there has actually been alot of accusations going on recently...
Back to top Go down

Why Not Hack? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Not Hack?   Why Not Hack? Icon_minitimeThu 29 May 2014, 1:01 am

Ultimato wrote:
Is this aimed at anyone in particular? I'd be curious to know seeing as there has actually been alot of accusations going on recently...

No,this topic is not aimed at anyone. If you notice, it's a "sticky" or as it says "Important &PD topic." This means that it will always be on the top,making it hard to miss if you're at the multiplayer section.This should give people who may be doing it, reasons why they should not, but mostly for the future, if the game generally gets more populated. ( I think newer players are more likely to hack than older ones,for example , I remember in 2011 when I had no idea what lagg was ,10thgrave always killed me at the 2nd checkpoint and my 5 games would be over in a few minutes.Although it causes you to admire the person's skill, it also can get frustrating when you're severely outclassed)
Back to top Go down
Hysteria
Soul Reaper
Soul Reaper

Number of posts : 15147

Why Not Hack? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Not Hack?   Why Not Hack? Icon_minitimeThu 29 May 2014, 1:48 am

Just wondering, do you any of you consider aerial boosting/bouncing hacking? People have called me a hacker for performing it... but I see it as a glitch, not a hack.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Amateur
Amateur
Turbo
Number of posts : 65

Why Not Hack? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Not Hack?   Why Not Hack? Icon_minitimeThu 29 May 2014, 2:17 am

You raise an interesting point Hysteria, I'm curious to see how Demise would respond to that.

Probably along the lines of "It's not technically a modification of the game, therefore it's not the type of hacking I referred to in my post."

And honestly, like just about every other fad and trend in NFMM: it's fun at first, but if you overdo it, it gradually gets more and more annoying. Personally I don't mind it as long as I'm aware of it being used; if somebody is using it against me, without my knowledge, with the intent to play me in a game I considered hack-free and legitimate, that's when it crosses the line.

The only really acceptable (at a minimum) hack is speed-hacking anyway, since the results really are hilarious to watch. Health hacking or strength hacking are not okay.
(Use during war = Kick, no questions asked.)

It's a good idea to let it be known what type of hacks will be tolerated (if any), and when it is okay to use them (if ALL players consent) versus when it is NOT okay to use them (if any player does not consent).
Back to top Go down
Betrayal
Amateur
Amateur
Betrayal
Number of posts : 52

Why Not Hack? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Not Hack?   Why Not Hack? Icon_minitimeThu 29 May 2014, 2:47 am

Prayers wrote:
Ultimato wrote:

No,this topic is not aimed at anyone. If you notice, it's a "sticky" or as it says "Important &PD topic." This means that it will always be on the top,making it hard to miss if you're at the multiplayer section.This should give people who may be doing it, reasons why they should not, but mostly for the future, if the game generally gets more populated. ( I think newer players are more likely to hack than older ones,for example , I remember in 2011 when I had no idea what lagg was ,10thgrave always killed me at the 2nd checkpoint and my 5 games would be over in a few minutes.Although it causes you to admire the person's skill, it also can get frustrating when you're severely outclassed)

Are you sure?
It doesn't seem like a normal thing for someone to just say,"Hey!Let me make a topic about hacking!" out of the ordinary like that.
Back to top Go down
Ultimato
Psychogenic
Psychogenic
Ultimato

Why Not Hack? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Not Hack?   Why Not Hack? Icon_minitimeThu 29 May 2014, 9:00 am

Prayers wrote:
( I think newer players are more likely to hack than older ones,for example , I remember in 2011 when I had no idea what lagg was ,10thgrave always killed me at the 2nd checkpoint and my 5 games would be over in a few minutes.Although it causes you to admire the person's skill, it also can get frustrating when you're severely outclassed)

That could be right, but hacking NFMM is really hard to do according to 10th and phy, I'm not sure alot of "new" players will know how. But it could make sense, being new to the NFMM community is going to whole new level of skill. We have always been improving ever since it got released, actually, lots of people didn't even know what "gliding" was or what it done. Then that's where people started spreading it around the place, and then bouncing came in, smooth turning, etc.

If you used to play NFM2 or something, lost interest, and then came back after a while to NFMM as it is now, not knowing any of the "AB" techniques. It would look really strange... And would take a while to get right. As you can see, no one who's active has stayed the same since lets say... 2011.

Hysteria wrote:
Just wondering, do you any of you consider aerial boosting/bouncing hacking? People have called me a hacker for performing it... but I see it as a glitch, not a hack.

I've never considered it hacking. I've always looked at it as a massive advantage or maybe even a cheat that is exploited, lots of us have been accused of hacking by new people for bouncing though, as said up there ^ it would look very strange and new.

Also,
Spoiler:
This is something I found in prayers' recording of MW vs DD on one of the racing matches. I'm not sure if this counts but it really got me confused...

Turbo wrote:
Probably along the lines of "It's not technically a modification of the game, therefore it's not the type of hacking I referred to in my post."

And honestly, like just about every other fad and trend in NFMM: it's fun at first, but if you overdo it, it gradually gets more and more annoying. Personally I don't mind it as long as I'm aware of it being used; if somebody is using it against me, without my knowledge, with the intent to play me in a game I considered hack-free and legitimate, that's when it crosses the line.

The only really acceptable (at a minimum) hack is speed-hacking anyway, since the results really are hilarious to watch. Health hacking or strength hacking are not okay.
(Use during war = Kick, no questions asked.)

It's a good idea to let it be known what type of hacks will be tolerated (if any), and when it is okay to use them (if ALL players consent) versus when it is NOT okay to use them (if any player does not consent).

Agreed, this is why using R1 is more or less your only hope (as a game car) in actually winning racing games on massive stages with alot of skilled racers, this is most likely the main reason why everyone else uses R1 in racing alot too, it just seems superior to every other car because of its tremendous stunting ability which can enable it to "aerial boost/bounce", also it's a pain trying to overtake it in other cars (like Mighty Eight or Formula 7 for example) because there's a risk of getting launched and thrown out of a stage. And you'll be very lucky to get back into the race close to the position you were in before you got thrown out.

Last edited by Ultimato on Thu 29 May 2014, 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Phyrexian
True Gamer
True Gamer
Phyrexian
Number of posts : 3597

Why Not Hack? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Not Hack?   Why Not Hack? Icon_minitimeThu 29 May 2014, 9:11 am

Ultimato wrote:
Also,
Spoiler:
This is something I found in prayers' recording of MW vs DD on one of the racing matches. I'm not sure if this counts but it really got me confused...
It's caused by 2 cars continously colliding in the watch game screens while neither player gets lag hit. The game makes it seem as if 1 of the cars was actually flying when it's not. This can happen in game too and it is really annoying since often you can't even see your opponent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCEbeYixp6o watch the start of game 1, that ''invisible f7'' that dirty raced me there wasn't invisible, it was just flying on my screen whille its solid body was invisible
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PhyrexianNFM
Ultimato
Psychogenic
Psychogenic
Ultimato

Why Not Hack? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Not Hack?   Why Not Hack? Icon_minitimeThu 29 May 2014, 9:18 am

Phyrexian wrote:
Ultimato wrote:
Also,
Spoiler:
It's caused by 2 cars continously colliding in the watch game screens while neither player gets lag hit. The game makes it seem as if 1 of the cars was actually flying when it's not. This can happen in game too and it is really annoying since often you can't even see your opponent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCEbeYixp6o watch the start of game 1, that ''invisible f7'' that dirty raced me there wasn't invisible, it was just flying on my screen whille its solid body was invisible

No I mean where Demise says "turning sensitivity is suspicious ulti..." sorry for not being specific, I should've outlined that quote...
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Enigma
Royalty
Royalty
Enigma
Number of posts : 5845

Why Not Hack? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Not Hack?   Why Not Hack? Icon_minitimeThu 29 May 2014, 11:32 am

I don't consider aerial boosting at all hacking, I view hacking as modifying your car to make it superior to others, while with AB'ing you haven't modified the game client or anything. I have a (weak) theory that AB'ing is basically telling your car to backflip and fowardflip at the same time, resulting in the boost as the forward force is stronger. This in my eyes is not hacking.
Back to top Go down
Ultimato
Psychogenic
Psychogenic
Ultimato

Why Not Hack? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Not Hack?   Why Not Hack? Icon_minitimeThu 29 May 2014, 11:46 am

Enigma wrote:
I have a (weak) theory that AB'ing is basically telling your car to backflip and fowardflip at the same time, resulting in the boost as the forward force is stronger. This in my eyes is not hacking.

You are completely right, it is a mix of the backloop pushing your car up into the air higher, and the forward loops force going forwards, but because the car can't rotate back or forth while doing this, it just stays straight.
Back to top Go down
Platinum
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Platinum
Number of posts : 2188

Why Not Hack? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Not Hack?   Why Not Hack? Icon_minitimeThu 29 May 2014, 12:27 pm

Hysteria wrote:

I think its a part of a game because when it was discovered everyone kept doing it for a long time and omar didn't remove it because he THOUGHT It was a part of the game,
Back to top Go down
EncryptionX
Psychogenic
Psychogenic
EncryptionX
Number of posts : 1474

Why Not Hack? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Not Hack?   Why Not Hack? Icon_minitimeFri 06 Jun 2014, 7:00 pm

Ultimato wrote:
Phyrexian wrote:
Ultimato wrote:
Also,
Spoiler:

No I mean where Demise says "turning sensitivity is suspicious ulti..." sorry for not being specific, I should've outlined that quote...
Spoiler:
He probably ment when you did the "slight turning" glitch.
He may think you edited the game a bit, might need to talk with him for that.
Back to top Go down
Ten Graves
Mercenary
Mercenary
Ten Graves
Number of posts : 1262

Why Not Hack? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Not Hack?   Why Not Hack? Icon_minitimeFri 06 Jun 2014, 9:18 pm

SinfulBliss wrote:
you can give an F7 MASHEEN strength

Surprisingly, I don't think you can hack strength. It's based on how hard other cars hit you, not the other way round. So if you increase your strength in the java code/cheat engine/whatever all you'll really do is make other people using the car you hacked hit you harder, and if you make every car's strength 0 then you're pretty much invincible.

Back to top Go down
SinfulBliss
Mercenary
Mercenary
SinfulBliss
Number of posts : 1353

Why Not Hack? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Not Hack?   Why Not Hack? Icon_minitimeMon 01 Dec 2014, 3:00 am

Alright, after a while, I'm going to address the concerns.

@Ulti: I'm not sure if that war was before I learned about quick-turning or not. I was late to learn about it since it became popular during my hiatus. So that might have been it. Although, when I see something look different from normal play, I'll just call it as I see it. This topic, however, was not directed towards you or anybody else. I would have PM'd you if I meant to accuse you.

@Hysteria: Turbo's prediction was basically accurate. AB'ing and bouncing can be achieved without modfification of the game. It was included in the game itself (intentionally or not; doesn't matter), and thus it is a glitch and not a hack.

Also, hacking very obviously and doing it just to have fun and mess around I see as completely okay (so long as others are okay with it). Just yesterday I saw a MASHEEN hacked to be extremely fast, and it got some really hilarious results.
Back to top Go down
L-Dargo
Amateur
Amateur
L-Dargo
Number of posts : 53

Why Not Hack? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Not Hack?   Why Not Hack? Icon_minitimeSun 02 Aug 2015, 10:56 am

I can say it happens alot,I saw once skykiller using mini and wasting all the car but it was wasted by Mr.monster.
Back to top Go down
Xtream Rider
Noob
Noob
Xtream Rider
Number of posts : 2880

Why Not Hack? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Not Hack?   Why Not Hack? Icon_minitimeSun 02 Aug 2015, 4:33 pm

You Bumped!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi0XOL08GseULXMqqfbBsig
Sponsored content

Why Not Hack? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Not Hack?   Why Not Hack? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why Not Hack?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AIM Games :: Need For Madness :: NFM Discussion :: Multiplayer-