AIM Games
Welcome to the AIM Forums, the first Forum to ever be dedicated to Need For Madness!

To post a message/topic on the forums, you must REGISTER.

To REGISTER, click on the Button at the bottom of this message, or else at the top of the page. Without a user on these forums, you can only view some forums available to the public.

Have Fun and Feel free to ask/post anything here NFM related, or else just to chat. We have a chat-room at the bottom of this page, for only registered users to chat on though.
AIM Games
Welcome to the AIM Forums, the first Forum to ever be dedicated to Need For Madness!

To post a message/topic on the forums, you must REGISTER.

To REGISTER, click on the Button at the bottom of this message, or else at the top of the page. Without a user on these forums, you can only view some forums available to the public.

Have Fun and Feel free to ask/post anything here NFM related, or else just to chat. We have a chat-room at the bottom of this page, for only registered users to chat on though.
AIM Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official AIM Games Forums

HomeRegisterLog in
Announcements:
HTML has been disabled. I have been kind enough to allow customising of posts, but I guess it's either freedom or no freedom at all.
I am lazy to do Forum Awards this year.

Share | 

Grand Pickup

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
iexrrr
Noob Owner
Noob Owner
iexrrr
Number of posts : 594

Grand Pickup Empty
PostSubject: Grand Pickup   Grand Pickup Icon_minitimeFri 30 Oct 2015, 9:14 pm

Grand Pickup
topic to be redesigned

ok wtf is this

This is pretty much a regular pickup war with a twist. Normally, a pickup war ends when a team reaches 5 points, just like wars between clans. This one doesn't. The goal is to keep a single pickup war going for over 24 hours. Players are obviously going to be switching a lot since really no one should play NFM for that long.

This event is just for fun: there's no prizes, or no winners really. The point is just to play team games on NFMM and give everyone a chance to try out war games, even if they don't have much experience in the game.

ok i got it when is it

I'm not sure, it hasn't been decided yet. It'll probably start on a Saturday during Christmas break, when a lot of people are available, and go on until no one wants to play anymore. (A time limit could be added if people get really eager lol)

are there some rules or something

Standard war rules apply. They may be altered if all players agree to it though. Perhaps play class B for a few games, add a fixing hoop to a wasting or both game, or don't remove scenery!

For stage picks, they can be made on the fly. Don't be afraid to deviate from the standard stages! The normal war stages are cool and all, but playing them repeatedly gets boring after a while. Spice it up! You can even pick custom tracks if players agree to it.

Teams will be made up on the fly as well, in true pickup fashion. Try to keep the teams balanced, don't stack the best players on one team. If everyone can't play at once, switch players around every few games. A good system is to switch every racing/wasting/both cycle. A single player doesn't need to stick to one team either, they can play some games for one team and some for the other.

Games will be 4v4 as long as there are enough players. If there aren't enough, play 3v3 or even 2v2 until more appear.

Let everyone play if they want to, regardless of their skill level or status in the community. The exceptions to this are trolls: they can and should be excluded at all times.

cool where can i sign up

You don't. To join, simply jump on NFMM when it's on!
Back to top Go down

Grand Pickup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Pickup   Grand Pickup Icon_minitimeFri 30 Oct 2015, 9:39 pm

iexrrr wrote:
Grand Pickup
topic to be redesigned

cool where can i sign up

You don't. To join, simply jump on NFMM when it's on!

Err kind of odd having an activity which you can't really sign up, but I guess you're just informing us here on the date and occasion. Personally, I'm not sure how this will go, because I feel pickups get old very quickly and an endless pickup can be annoying. But I'm willing to give it a shot.

Also,

Did you consider the fact that some players have more time than others guilty? If a player plays a certain amount of time, would he be substituted?
Back to top Go down
iexrrr
Noob Owner
Noob Owner
iexrrr
Number of posts : 594

Grand Pickup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Pickup   Grand Pickup Icon_minitimeFri 30 Oct 2015, 9:55 pm

I don't really want to set a limit to how much a player can play. Generally when a new player shows up, it's probably best to have the one who's been playing the longest to make room, or if someone drops by for a few games then someone who has more time afterwards can drop out for a little bit. I'd like to trust people's own judgment on that.
Back to top Go down
Mute
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Mute
Number of posts : 2044

Grand Pickup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Pickup   Grand Pickup Icon_minitimeFri 30 Oct 2015, 10:01 pm

You talked about this but I have no idea how you're gonna run it, I'll see what I can do to turn up though.
Back to top Go down
Scarce
Rogue Gamer
Rogue Gamer
Scarce
Number of posts : 269

Grand Pickup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Pickup   Grand Pickup Icon_minitimeFri 30 Oct 2015, 10:13 pm

This will be hard to pull off once the american base community goes to sleep. Since when ever I get on which is usually when they are asleep then nfmm is dead for a few hours till Europe get on. There aren't a lot of us Asia and Pacific countries that are active enough to keep it going around that time. But we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Grand Pickup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Pickup   Grand Pickup Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grand Pickup

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AIM Games :: Need For Madness :: NFM Discussion :: Activities!-