AIM Games
Welcome to the AIM Forums, the first Forum to ever be dedicated to Need For Madness!

To post a message/topic on the forums, you must REGISTER.

To REGISTER, click on the Button at the bottom of this message, or else at the top of the page. Without a user on these forums, you can only view some forums available to the public.

Have Fun and Feel free to ask/post anything here NFM related, or else just to chat. We have a chat-room at the bottom of this page, for only registered users to chat on though.
AIM Games
Welcome to the AIM Forums, the first Forum to ever be dedicated to Need For Madness!

To post a message/topic on the forums, you must REGISTER.

To REGISTER, click on the Button at the bottom of this message, or else at the top of the page. Without a user on these forums, you can only view some forums available to the public.

Have Fun and Feel free to ask/post anything here NFM related, or else just to chat. We have a chat-room at the bottom of this page, for only registered users to chat on though.
AIM Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official AIM Games Forums

HomeRegisterLog in
Announcements:
HTML has been disabled. I have been kind enough to allow customising of posts, but I guess it's either freedom or no freedom at all.
I am lazy to do Forum Awards this year.

Share | 

Wasting Tournament (Heats)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

How should the first round of each group be run?
One match
Wasting Tournament (Heats) - Page 3 I_vote_lcap33%Wasting Tournament (Heats) - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 7 ]
One person loses twice
Wasting Tournament (Heats) - Page 3 I_vote_lcap67%Wasting Tournament (Heats) - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 21

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
SinfulBliss
Mercenary
Mercenary
SinfulBliss
Number of posts : 1353

Wasting Tournament (Heats) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Dec 2014, 7:37 pm

Behemoth wrote:
SinfulBliss wrote:
Okay, but if they end up unbalanced, I suggest you intervene.

IE: 2 good players, 2 medium players, 2 novice players per group. Then if you have to mix it up a little due to not having perfect distributions of players, go ahead.
I'll use more specific generation, and class people based on the level I give them. Two from each would be a fairly good idea tbh.

But you also said this. It should be 2-2-2, in order of skill level. If not that, at least close. You told me you'd balance it if need be.
Back to top Go down
JackInTheBox
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
JackInTheBox
Number of posts : 2258

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Dec 2014, 8:06 pm

Jack mix Group 4 up with another group please. Why would you put Steam and Demise in the same group? They'll just win and go to the 1v1 ffs.
Back to top Go down
Mute
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Mute
Number of posts : 2044

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Dec 2014, 8:10 pm

I clearly stated that, due to the balance of the members, it was entirely random. And Jack, it was randomly generated as I said before. Now stop breaking rule 5…
Back to top Go down
SinfulBliss
Mercenary
Mercenary
SinfulBliss

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Dec 2014, 8:17 pm

Just because it was randomly generated doesn't mean it's fair. You should see the imbalance here.

Remember, I said
SinfulBliss wrote:
Also, I suggest you balance the teams if they seem uneven.

And you said,

Behemoth wrote:
3: Alright. Only if they're too imbalanced though.

I think we can all agree Groups 1 and 4 are too imbalanced (especially Group 4) and need to be mixed with Groups 2 and 3.
Back to top Go down
tornadoshark
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
tornadoshark
Number of posts : 2163

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Dec 2014, 8:24 pm

?who is imbalanced in group 1 Surprised well anyways i cant play during dec20-30th cause i'll be out of town..what about you guys in group 1?
Back to top Go down
SinfulBliss
Mercenary
Mercenary
SinfulBliss

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Dec 2014, 8:29 pm

It just looks like a harder group to be in. But that's just my opinion. Group 4 is objectively hard.
Back to top Go down
Enigma
Royalty
Royalty
Enigma
Number of posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Dec 2014, 8:30 pm

Hell yes, my group looks easiest. Good luck everyone.
Back to top Go down
Psychopsilocybin
Cynically Insane
Cynically Insane
Psychopsilocybin
Number of posts : 21554

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Dec 2014, 8:37 pm

SinfulBliss wrote:
It just looks like a harder group to be in. But that's just my opinion. Group 4 is objectively hard.

Not only that I haven't been on in so long that this gives me an unfair advantage. ._.
Back to top Go down
Mute
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Mute

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Dec 2014, 10:13 pm

Alright, the groups will be rebalanced when I have access to a PC.
Back to top Go down
Zuko
Computer Freak
Computer Freak
Zuko
Number of posts : 997

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Dec 2014, 5:24 am

SinfulBliss wrote:

IE: 2 good players, 2 medium players, 2 novice players per group. Then if you have to mix it up a little due to not having perfect distributions of players, go ahead.

^ I think this is a good Idea.
Back to top Go down
Mute
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Mute

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Dec 2014, 4:55 pm

Crystal Power wrote:
SinfulBliss wrote:

^ I think this is a good Idea.
However, think of the 'novice' class. They will start to complain. So, they will be reshuffled by me and constantly randomised until they're somewhat balanced.
Back to top Go down
Mute
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Mute

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Dec 2014, 7:22 pm

DP:
Groups rebalanced.
Back to top Go down
Zuko
Computer Freak
Computer Freak
Zuko

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Dec 2014, 7:32 pm

Okay,It's alright now.
Good luck to everyone Smile.
Back to top Go down
Mute
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Mute

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Dec 2014, 7:46 pm

Get to arranging times now. Wink
Back to top Go down
Zuko
Computer Freak
Computer Freak
Zuko

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Dec 2014, 8:00 pm

Okay. What about this Thursday 11AM EST or 1PM EST for Group 2? Can you guys make it?
Back to top Go down
Mute
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Mute

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Dec 2014, 10:30 pm

I propose January 3rd, from 2:30PM EST onwards for group 4.
Back to top Go down
SinfulBliss
Mercenary
Mercenary
SinfulBliss

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2014, 7:26 am

If you're in Group 1, let me know what days are good for you and when you'll be available so we can all sort something out.
Back to top Go down
Raza156
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Raza156
Number of posts : 2086

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2014, 8:01 am

Crystal Power wrote:
Okay. What about this Thursday 11AM EST or 1PM EST for Group 2? Can you guys make it?

I can make it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rainymood.com
Psychopsilocybin
Cynically Insane
Cynically Insane
Psychopsilocybin
Number of posts : 21554

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2014, 9:26 am

For Group 4, I am available for that day; however, for anyone who's in that group, who isn't please say if you can't. I have some things that I've been going on that I might be not able to make it after the 3rd.
Back to top Go down
Excadrill
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Excadrill
Number of posts : 2279

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2014, 11:44 am

SinfulBliss wrote:
If you're in Group 1, let me know what days are good for you and when you'll be available so we can all sort something out.

Anyday 1PM EST.
Back to top Go down
http://aimgamesforummotion.com
SinfulBliss
Mercenary
Mercenary
SinfulBliss

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Dec 2014, 7:41 pm

Wait, Behemoth, you need to divie up these groups into sets of 3 before we organize dates.. There's no way we'll be able to get 6 people together at the same time. And how do we determine who plays who?
Back to top Go down
Mute
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Mute

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Dec 2014, 8:01 pm

SinfulBliss wrote:
Wait, Behemoth, you need to divie up these groups into sets of 3 before we organize dates.. There's no way we'll be able to get 6 people together at the same time. And how do we determine who plays who?
Well four have appeared for group 4, which is on January 3rd. The matches will be decided via, once again, a random generator.
Back to top Go down
SinfulBliss
Mercenary
Mercenary
SinfulBliss

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Dec 2014, 8:22 pm

I know, but you need to tell everyone what two people they'll be playing in the 1v1v1, because otherwise all 6 people will arrive and be like "uhh.. who plays who". Plus it'd go much quicker if 2 sets of 3 people could decide on their time and meet, than 6 people having to all meet at once.

So the 1v1v1 players is best to be decided upon earlier than later.
Back to top Go down
Mute
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Mute

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Dec 2014, 11:08 am

Alright. I'll sort it when I get to a PC. Also, 3PM EST for group 4?
Back to top Go down
Mute
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Mute

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Dec 2014, 4:34 pm

DP:

FIRST ROUND BATTLES:

Group 1:
420Blazyt vs Airborne vs SpaceParadox
Metrophis vs Demise vs Astronaut

Group 2:
Desire vs Zuko vs AileronOwl
Nitro vs Steam vs Redline

Group 3:
Predator vs Platinum vs Boiler
tornadoshark vs Volt vs Techno

Group 4:
Behemoth vs Flash vs Dust
Panda vs Psycho vs ToaZuka

Blue = Match has happened

Good luck everyone!

Last edited by Behemoth on Mon 05 Jan 2015, 7:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wasting Tournament (Heats)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top