AIM Games
Welcome to the AIM Forums, the first Forum to ever be dedicated to Need For Madness!

To post a message/topic on the forums, you must REGISTER.

To REGISTER, click on the Button at the bottom of this message, or else at the top of the page. Without a user on these forums, you can only view some forums available to the public.

Have Fun and Feel free to ask/post anything here NFM related, or else just to chat. We have a chat-room at the bottom of this page, for only registered users to chat on though.


The Official AIM Games Forums
 
HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in
Announcements:
HTML has been disabled. I have been kind enough to allow customising of posts, but I guess it's either freedom or no freedom at all.
I am lazy to do Forum Awards this year.

Share | 
 

 Who am I?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SheppardkillerYT
Amateur
Amateur
avatar
Number of posts : 47

Age : 16
Join Date : 2017-04-12

PostSubject: Who am I?   Wed 12 Apr 2017, 10:22 pm

To let you guys know who I am, you all will know me as Sheppard or SheppardKiller as simple as that can be. I played Need For Madness 1 on the good old ArcadeTown website back when I was 3 or 4 years old at the time (I'm 16 Years old now) and a lot has changed in my experiences in NFM. I found out about NFM Multiplayer around the year 2014 and I didn't have a full account at the time so playing only one game at a time really sucked a lot but then again I was given a whole new experience with NFM 2 which I quote is a lot harder than NFM 1 and idc what you say but it's the hardest out of all the NFM games even though I wanna give NFM 1 RaR and NFM 2 RaR a try if I can get the download links to those games which would be greatly appreciated. Recently in 2017 as of now I just came back into NFM after my near 2 year hiatus and my god did the multiplayer really go silent for the most part except for one lobby which had 5 or 6 people in there and I still had a bit of fun nonetheless and then came the game changer that might turn NFM back into popularity if everyone in the NFM community can get this game back together. On April 2nd I made my first ever NFM 1 Any% (New Game) speedrun and the time achieved was 29:40 flat (youtube.com/watch?v=gfUojFlzcjQ&t=961s) and it was the first ever run I did and the first ever NFM 1 speedrun to ever make a debut on YouTube.com. 6 days later on April 8th, 2017 I improved my time from the first ever run about 1 week ago and slowly picking the time down minute by minute each run to a 25:51.03 (youtube.com/watch?v=Yy-VOF_YO9k) which made it seem possible to beat NFM in under 25 minutes but if done in the best scenario possibly under 24 minutes along with the Aerial Bounce trick but sadly due to my messed up down arrow key on my mechanical keyboard, Aerial Gliding is just impossible to perform now even though it's just holding space and the up and down keys at the same time but it just never wants to perform the Aerial Bounce trick. That same day after my 25:51.03 speedrun I submitted the NFM 1 game to speedrun.com and as of now the game has had no further updates on its approval or on any new runner for NFM 1 as of April 12th, 2017.

I hope this gave you guys some insight of my NFM experiences over nearly my entire life and to those wondering, no I did not play NFM as much as to be competitive in them or even knew about the aerial bounce trick until NFMM came into my life so I do have more to learn. Yes I know my run isn't the best run I have to make it a proclaimed *WR* but since no one made a true speedrun recording for the entire NFM 1 game it still makes a stand that I do have the current WR until someone beats it of course which probably won't take that long. Feel free to check out the links to the speedruns that became the first run I ever did to the recent run that made a huge difference than what it was before which is the one from April 8th. Yes I know this was long to type but remember this game CAN come back to life if we get this game better exposure to the public as a whole community or what's left of the people that is still around Sad. If the NFM 1 game does get approved to be an official game for speedrun.com would you guys like to pitch in your efforts and try to make this game alive and thriving again? Also if you guys want to have modded NFM games onto the NFM category just let me know and I'll make it official so there can be a more varied choice on who wants to run a certain game. I hope you guys enjoy your day and this is SheppardKiller and I will see you guys on the next replies to my welcoming visit (Which probably won't take long).
Back to top Go down
SinfulBliss
Mercenary
Mercenary
avatar
Number of posts : 1208

Age : 25
Join Date : 2013-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Who am I?   Thu 13 Apr 2017, 3:37 am

SheppardkillerYT wrote:
Yes I know this was long to type but remember this game CAN come back to life if we get this game better exposure to the public as a whole community or what's left of the people that is still around

Well my man, a few people still play (the clan I'm in is still having monthly clan-wide tournaments), but the vast majority of players have left it. Omar hasn't updated it or payed it any attention in ages, and until he does it will be quite hard to ramp up interest for the game.

Let's remember that the game was only so popular because Omar had it on Miniclip and Arcade Town, and once it got a following Omar kept that following through periodic updates. That following has been lost. Without another outlet to advertise the game, it won't get many more new players.

SheppardkillerYT wrote:
If the NFM 1 game does get approved to be an official game for speedrun.com would you guys like to pitch in your efforts and try to make this game alive and thriving again?

I'm down.

SheppardkillerYT wrote:
Also if you guys want to have modded NFM games onto the NFM category just let me know and I'll make it official so there can be a more varied choice on who wants to run a certain game.

Currently I don't think any modded game is popular enough to warrant speedruns, but perhaps in the future.
Back to top Go down
SheppardkillerYT
Amateur
Amateur
avatar
Number of posts : 47

Age : 16
Join Date : 2017-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Who am I?   Thu 13 Apr 2017, 1:23 pm

Well it's good to know that there's still people playing this game and thanks for wanting to join in on speedrunning the original NFM game because I'm fairly new at speedrunning it myself but I just kept on improving which btw that best run I got was after I had such a rough day the day before and I was tilted after 15 minor mistake runs at the very beginning before finally getting the run that satisfied me to finally be the 25:51.03 which I currently hold now so it's tough to beat it because the fastest of all of my splits combined is 25:02 which means I'm 49 seconds away from being tied up with the fastest of every split I've gotten which just blows my mind that it was that close but then again I wanna see what else I could do to make stage 5 more viable to waste but not stage 10 though because Dr. Monstaa is hard to deal with and racing it would be much better so I'm still trying to find a more viable strategy but if I do require stage 5 to waste then it would mean more difficulty down the line on that stage because I originally wasted on stage 5 which took 6 to 7 minutes on the first run I did and now since I do racing it's just close to being under 4 minutes so it has changed a lot. Hopefully we can find out if the pathing I'm doing for my runs is about close to where it would be considered the fastest that we can find but until then my pathing isn't changing for a while.
Back to top Go down
rafa1231518
Rogue Gamer
Rogue Gamer
avatar
Number of posts : 306

Age : 48
Join Date : 2013-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Who am I?   Thu 13 Apr 2017, 6:33 pm

SheppardkillerYT wrote:
If the NFM 1 game does get approved to be an official game for speedrun.com
i was working on a TAS tool (frame-by-frame) for nfmm at one point, maybe i could finish it

SinfulBliss wrote:
Currently I don't think any modded game is popular enough to warrant speedruns
> ProjectM
> SM64 Star Road
> all of the 10 billion mario kart wii romhacks
Back to top Go down
http://bees.com
Enigma
Royalty
Royalty
avatar
Number of posts : 5838

Age : 16
Join Date : 2013-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Who am I?   Thu 13 Apr 2017, 6:46 pm

Hey there, I think I commented on your speedrun YouTube video, nice to see you here on AIM. Like Sinful said, unfortunately NFM is dying due to lack of updates and new players, so it is nice to see a new face around here.

I'm not sure if you are aware, but there are several hidden mechanics in NFM (aerial boosting, sideglide etc) that may help you get faster times if you learn how to do them. I think there may be a few guides here on AIM teaching how to do these, but if you are unsure/can't find them, then ask here or PM me and I'll try and help you.
Back to top Go down
rafa1231518
Rogue Gamer
Rogue Gamer
avatar
Number of posts : 306

Age : 48
Join Date : 2013-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Who am I?   Thu 13 Apr 2017, 7:28 pm

i watched your speedrun to completion and since the moderators are dead im gonna give you some tips

1. since this is any% and it doesnt say anything about glitches you should abuse AB to the fullest, master high rider in the stages with large ramp spots (eg the gun run)

2. ignore the roads and take corners very tight (you drive at the same speed on roads as off roads.)

3.1415. never brake (it only gives you a tiny amount of better cornering and its never worth it unless youre doing an U-turn which you never really have to in nfm)

4. only ever loop forwards, never sideways or backwards, and never do a tabletop like you did on stage1 (the game code doesnt rewards well to you doing a flip one way and going back around)

5. learn the stages where the AI halts or goes back on the start because thats fucked your run every now and then

6. never waste. the AI for wasting is completely fucking balls to the walls and RNG (especially in nfmm which has improved AI which is relentless a lot of the time). a well optimized snake run will give you far more consistend results than wasting
6.1. especially never fix your car!

7. keep antialiasing off and turn music/sounds off (you want that cinematic 21.4fps)

8. use the walls for quick turning if you must

9. abuse RNG by setting your system clock. i don't now what you have to set it to, but... i mean... it is a valid strategy...

i also would like to make it clear that classic nfm1 and nfm1 under nfmm are not the same game and should not be under the same category! not just because of the trees and bumps but because of a plethora of changes under the hood and because nfm1 can be tricked to run without a framerate cap

if you take my epik strategies into consideration a sub-15 run should be possible and plausible
Back to top Go down
http://bees.com
SheppardkillerYT
Amateur
Amateur
avatar
Number of posts : 47

Age : 16
Join Date : 2017-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Who am I?   Thu 13 Apr 2017, 10:22 pm

For claim 1, well my speedruns are Any% New Game meaning I don't have Radical One unlocked until stage 9 and for claim 6, wasting is actually faster in stages 7 and 11 for NFM 1 and also what you said about the original NFM 1 to the NFMM I'm only allowing the NFMM version as the speedrun type category plus if people wanted to run NFM 2 it's also on the same application so why bother going on another website if you have the game on the ready to speedrun in just a few measily clicks? As I said before I'm using a mechanical keyboard with my down arrow key being the only key that prevents any of those tricks you mentioned above to be performed so I know how to do some of the tricks but the screwed up keyboard is the reason why I can't do them properly like I used to back when I had the laptop that allowed me to do Aerial Bouncing very easily. Also what you said about the classic and the NFMM not being the same game then how come it still includes the same cars and stages but with better graphics and AI? It's still the same if I played NFM on ArcadeTown because EL KING does go the same way on stage 6 in both versions along with stage 10 where all the AI cars target you a lot which btw is also the same for both games. Also for claim 9, what does setting my clock timer have to do with RNG? The game doesn't rely on your own computer clock to base itself around the AI which is ridiculous as to you saying its a good strategy which makes zero sense. For claim 7, I don't actually lag in the NFMM game itself but I do turn off the antialiasing and motion blur settings next to stage maker because I never play the game with those settings on even when I played it 2 years ago. For claim 2 you're telling me to ignore the roads most of the time when in reality I wanna be at top speed the whole time as much as possible on every stage where I race and there's ramps that I need to trick off of for max power and as a side note to claim 4 I do Loop forward 90% of the time in my runs but the only times you don't see them happen is if my car mainly F7 isn't fast enough for example on stage 1 when I use the sand speedbumps to trick off of and if I know my car isn't fast I backflip just to not earn a bad landing which will lose me more time and I can lose time even further once a car hits me or kills me completely resulting in a reset for the run. Also you only made these tips in the run where I did both NFM 1 and 2 which was a run I was never planning to speedrun at all in the first place but the only time it really did something useful was getting me a better PB for NFM 1 my 26:48 time that stirred itself into the mix. For claim 6.1 I try my best to never go for the car fix and so far my NFM 1 record 25:51.03 only has 3 or 4 occasions where I use the car fix where 2 of them happened on stage 5 because if you added up the damage if I didn't go safe strat and ignored it I would've died when I derped on the tunnel barrier obstacle that took half of my car's HP in 1 go and I will admit I am trying my best for stage 5 to be the fastest that can be along with stage 10 if Dr. Monstaa wasn't following me everywhere I go then I wouldn't have used the car fix on stage 10 either but again it was a backup safe strat just for the occasion. For claim 3.1415 My fastest NFM 1 run never includes a single part where I break my car to stop except for when I'm on stage 9 and 10 when I Use Radical One to try tricking off the tiny hills that you can trick off of to save my cars power which is also very useful for stage 10 but since they are a bit hard to do since you got like either half a second to a frame perfect execution depending on the hill also note this doesn't include track pieces with hills on them since they are easy for me to trick off of so I don't include them as hard track pieces to trick off of for Radical One. For claim 5 I always wait a second or 2 just so the cars can screw around with each other at the start so I don't get flung halfway across the map which also saves time because it also means I don't have to take the damage and this will also give me a better chance at a successful run but there is times where I don't wait like stage 1 the main example because I can use 1 of the 4 cars that spawn in the middle to give me a boost forward which also allows me to trick forward as well that can save the most time as possible. Have you seen my fastest stage 1 for NFM 1 because its 54 seconds if you execute it perfectly and with the trick of my having my car get less aerial time on the ramps when I'm on the side of it then it gives me the fastest possible time just by racing for that stage and you will notice that in doing that ramp trick itself does make me save more time. Lastly for claim 8, the walls to help me turn doesn't mean that I'm really safe from a car hitting me and pushing me along that same wall literally making me an easy quick kill or damaging me so much as to where I can't really beat the stage in the fastest and optimal way I want to beat the stage possible. As a side note by sub 15 do you mean just getting a time under 1:15:XX because for one NFM 2 is aids and I won't be doing the full NFM 1 and 2 games in the same run because I don't like that I have all 6 cars chasing me around the entire time while I'm racing so I rather stick with the 4 cars that isn't as rough, also screw MASHEEN as an AI car or just a game car in general for how ridiculous its stats are.
Back to top Go down
Skull
Computer Freak
Computer Freak
avatar
Number of posts : 1033

Age : 42
Join Date : 2013-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Who am I?   Fri 14 Apr 2017, 2:41 am

gosh u guys grasp the game soo much , pity game's dead.
Back to top Go down
rafa1231518
Rogue Gamer
Rogue Gamer
avatar
Number of posts : 306

Age : 48
Join Date : 2013-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Who am I?   Fri 14 Apr 2017, 4:48 am

jesus its a fucking shame your enter key is dead broken because im sure there was a great post under there

now lucky for you im a pro hacker and i used my epik algorithms to break your text into many lines and heres my response

dilda wrote:
wasting is actually faster in stages 7 and 11
do you have a video of the splits racing and wasint as well optimized as you can do so we can have a look at optimizing the patterns and see if we can get a conclusive result

dilda wrote:
also what you
said about the original NFM 1 to the NFMM I'm only allowing the NFMM version as the speedrun type
category plus if people wanted to run NFM 2 it's also on the same application so why bother going on
another website if you have the game on the ready to speedrun in just a few measily clicks?
yeah, that was just a note to anyone whos gonna run the game, the idea is that you can abuse glitches in original nfm1/nfm2 to potentially get a better run (invincible f7 or masheen, speed boost, fast turning etc). also you cant look behind you in nfm1 and theres no radar etc.

dilda wrote:
As I
said before I'm using a mechanical keyboard with my down arrow key being the only key that prevents
any of those tricks you mentioned above to be performed so I know how to do some of the tricks but
the screwed up keyboard is the reason why I can't do them properly like I used to back when I had
the laptop that allowed me to do Aerial Bouncing very easily.
yeah i think you should write a little autohotkey script to make that easier because itll really buy you some useful time

dilda wrote:
Also what you said about the classic and the NFMM not being the same game then how come it still
includes the same cars and stages but with better graphics and AI? It's still the same if I played
NFM on ArcadeTown because EL KING does go the same way on stage 6 in both versions along with stage
10 where all the AI cars target you a lot which btw is also the same for both games.
yes i know but its all about the small things. of course the regular patterns are the same across the games (theyre hardcoded points and stuff) but the beauty is in the details- some of the aggression code and stunt landing code is different and since it's really important to have a fair ground for speedrunning they should be placed in different categories

dilda wrote:
Also for claim 9, what does setting my clock timer have to do with RNG? The game doesn't rely on
your own computer clock to base itself around the AI which is ridiculous as to you saying its a good
strategy which makes zero sense.
the game uses java RNG which is based around donald knuths algorithm (linear congruential formula). but the point of the matter is that nfm uses java.lang.Math#random() which creates a new java.util.Random isntance in a shebang. now this is not explicitly specified in the contract but the default implementation, both in Oracle Java and the OpenJDK of java.util.Random#new() sets the seed to System#nanoTime which is the amoutn of nanoseconds elapsed since jan 1, 1970, UTC. now theoretically (and i say that with inverted commas cause youd need to have a tight trigger finger) you could change the system clock to get the desired RNG values, and since Math#random is used in the stunting and aggression code et cetera you could program the AI to attack who you want and stuff. not a real useful thought, i just wanted to point it out.

dilda wrote:
For claim 7, I don't actually lag in the NFMM game itself but I do turn off the antialiasing and
motion blur settings next to stage maker because I never play the game with those settings on even
when I played it 2 years ago.
cool

dilda wrote:
For claim 2 you're telling me to ignore the roads most of the time when in reality I wanna be at top
speed the whole time as much as possible on every stage where I race and there's ramps that I need
to trick off of for max power
well you gotta understand that and my point is just that theres room for optimization, even if its just skipping one ramp every now and then, in fact this is a strategy that even the AI is programmed to use when they're behind as a way to catch up

dilda wrote:
and as a side note to claim 4 I do Loop forward 90% of the time in my
runs but the only times you don't see them happen is if my car mainly F7 isn't fast enough for
example on stage 1 when I use the sand speedbumps to trick off of and if I know my car isn't fast I
backflip just to not earn a bad landing which will lose me more time and I can lose time even
further once a car hits me or kills me completely resulting in a reset for the run.
cool

dilda wrote:
Also you only made these tips in the run where I did both NFM 1 and 2 which was a run I was never
planning to speedrun at all in the first place but the only time it really did something useful was
getting me a better PB for NFM 1 my 26:48 time that stirred itself into the mix.
yeah sorry about that i just noticed you had more optimized runs on your channel, ill have a look into them

dilda wrote:
if I didn't go safe strat and ignored it I would've died when I derped on the tunnel
barrier obstacle that took half of my car's HP in 1 go
chaos theory

dilda wrote:
For claim 3.1415 My fastest NFM 1 run never includes a single part where I break my car to stop
except [...]
cool!

dilda wrote:
For claim 5 I always wait a second or 2 just so the cars can screw around with each other at the
start so I don't get flung halfway across the map which also saves time because it also means I
don't have to take the damage and this will also give me a better chance at a successful run but
there is times where I don't wait like stage 1 the main example because I can use 1 of the 4 cars
that spawn in the middle to give me a boost forward which also allows me to trick forward as well
that can save the most time as possible.
i'm replying cool as to not sound passive-aggressive but i think that's giving the exact opposite result

dilda wrote:
Have you seen my fastest stage 1 for NFM 1 because its 54 seconds
it's very nice

dilda wrote:
Lastly for claim 8, the walls to help me turn doesn't mean that I'm really safe from a car hitting
me and pushing me along that same wall literally making me an easy quick kill or damaging me so much
as to where I can't really beat the stage in the fastest and optimal way I want to beat the stage
possible.
yes, i understand

dilda wrote:
As a side note by sub 15 do you mean just getting a time under 1:15:XX
yes.


btw forget the half pipes they fuckin suck, no excuses for that one

Skull wrote:
gosh u guys grasp the game soo much , pity game's dead.
I would like to formally and professionally recommend that you eat a fucking dick. Thanks for your attention.
Back to top Go down
http://bees.com
SheppardkillerYT
Amateur
Amateur
avatar
Number of posts : 47

Age : 16
Join Date : 2017-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Who am I?   Fri 14 Apr 2017, 6:31 am

I think this video here (youtu.be/qOns4n-S0rE) will fully show you the results of Stages 7 and 11 by racing vs my NFM 1 Any% New Game WR splits.
Back to top Go down
SuperLemonDrop
Karma Caper
Karma Caper
avatar
Number of posts : 203

Age : 14
Join Date : 2015-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Who am I?   Sat 15 Apr 2017, 5:53 pm

Speedrunning NFM seems quite interesting! I'd be down to try it once or twice as well. On a side note, though, I'm not sure if it'll get accepted into any official speedrunning sites, considering that the game is not as popular as things like Mario, GTA: SA, and others that could be speedrun. We could make a topic on AIM for records and such if it doesn't get accepted, though.

Anyways, this is a neat idea and good luck and such etc you know


Skull wrote:
gosh u guys grasp the game soo much , pity game's dead.

how reud ;;-;
Back to top Go down
SheppardkillerYT
Amateur
Amateur
avatar
Number of posts : 47

Age : 16
Join Date : 2017-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Who am I?   Sat 15 Apr 2017, 10:25 pm

Well finding out if the game is accepted or not just depends on the availability of the admins on the website and don't forget each game submission takes 1 to 2 weeks and it's already been I think 6 days so we still have a while t'ill I get a response from the team.
Back to top Go down
rafa1231518
Rogue Gamer
Rogue Gamer
avatar
Number of posts : 306

Age : 48
Join Date : 2013-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Who am I?   Sat 15 Apr 2017, 11:34 pm

SheppardkillerYT wrote:
I think this video here (youtu.be/qOns4n-S0rE) will fully show you the results of Stages 7 and 11 by racing vs my NFM 1 Any% New Game WR splits.

ha OP actually delivered, nice one, i'll edit this post in a bit with my response


ok, stage 7 racing first:

at 2:52 you can skip that ramp and possibly get a tighter turn around the checkpoint since you've got full power theres nothing to lose

a little after that around 3:05 you lose two seconds but thats nothing to turn the run around

your racing run was a fair bit slower than your wasting run so i think it's fair to say you were right, this is a wasting stage

you were also right about stage 11 and i wont contest that at all. but what about He Is Coming For You Next and Do The Snake Dance? i believe you won those by wasting on your first run and racing on your second, i wanna hear your opinion on that.

also, are there any other stages where wasting could give you a better split than racing, even if they're not wasting stages strictly speaking?
for example, in Paninaro, Caninaro, Let's Fly! El King goes backwards which could make for an easy opportunity to pick up scraps from the cars he attacks and potentially get a faster run

by the way, we should consider moving on to discuss running NFM2 because it has a vast variety of added track parts which could provide room for optimizations
Back to top Go down
http://bees.com
SheppardkillerYT
Amateur
Amateur
avatar
Number of posts : 47

Age : 16
Join Date : 2017-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Who am I?   Sun 16 Apr 2017, 5:06 am

Well when I did "Do The Snake Dance" the first time it was by wasting and that time for that split at the time was 3 minutes and 11 seconds but then I converted to racing where my best time is now 2 minutes 57 seconds. As for "He Is Coming For You Next" I actually got really lucky and killed EL KING pretty quickly but the only issue was Wow Caninaro and Nimi not wanting to die when I got them low and they phased through me at least once or twice which resulted in 5 minutes 50 seconds for that split alone as to now when I did racing the best time for the split now is 4 minutes and 5 seconds but the only way to even probably be faster than this time is if you quick kill EL KING very early on and have the weaker cars in the same scenario. I also wanna note that back in the day in Classic NFM 1 I managed to insta kill EL KING with Lead Oxide when he rammed into the 2nd ramp after going off the first one which was the only occasion where he was able to die with little effort after ramming into him at the same time. Also when it comes to wasting for stages 3 and 5 it makes successful runs very limited and I want to emphasize very limit greatly because not only does it take skill to get a quick kill but it also depends if the AI and the physics of the game wanna cooperate with you to make those stages successful and it also depends on what type of car is in those 2 stages because a car that's weaker can have vastly different results than stronger cars. I will test those 3 stages sometime soon because here's the list I have so far of all the stages considering the conversation and once we find the definite optimal strategy then the list for New Game Any% for NFM 1 will be done:
The Introductory Stage - Race
Contrary To Popular Belief - Race
Do The Snake Dance - ? - sub 3 min in s.o.b. by 3 sec
Grapefruit Power - Race
He Is Coming For You Next - ? - almost sub 4 min in s.o.b by 5 sec
Paninaro Caninaro Let's Fly! - ? - almost sub 2 and a half min in s.o.b by 8 sec
When In Danger Just Chill Out - Waste
The Fast And The Furious + Radical - Race
Beach Arcade Dream - ? - over 3 min in s.o.b. by 16 sec
Confusion In An Illusion - ? - sub 4 min in s.o.b by 12 sec
The Mad Party - Waste
Back to top Go down
SinfulBliss
Mercenary
Mercenary
avatar
Number of posts : 1208

Age : 25
Join Date : 2013-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Who am I?   Mon 17 Apr 2017, 8:05 am

SheppardkillerYT wrote:
Hopefully we can find out if the pathing I'm doing for my runs is about close to where it would be considered the fastest that we can find but until then my pathing isn't changing for a while.

As Rafa is already showing, there are undoubtedly ways to get a much faster time. It'll probably end up like racing did in NFMM. In 2012, the racers were significantly slower than they are now in 2017. People found quicker routes, shortcuts, techniques (ie: quick turning) and other devices to shorten the time of a race.

The only way this happens, though, is if you have others competing against you for a faster time. Then you can improve your strategy based on their strategy, and back and forth. It's a give-and-take that results in an objective fastest way to run it. Once that happens, it's a matter of who makes the fewest mistakes. Of course, the route is constantly being improved upon, but by smaller and smaller increments as time goes on.

I bet you can ask all the great racers of NFMM and they will agree with this dynamic.

P.S.: Use more punctuation and formatting in your posts; lots of people aren't reading what you're saying because you don't space out your sentences or add punctuation.


Last edited by SinfulBliss on Mon 24 Apr 2017, 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SheppardkillerYT
Amateur
Amateur
avatar
Number of posts : 47

Age : 16
Join Date : 2017-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Who am I?   Sat 22 Apr 2017, 11:03 pm

Well, I just got some very good news. NFM 1 IS NOW OFFICIALLY ON SPEEDRUN.COM!!!! YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
SheppardkillerYT
Amateur
Amateur
avatar
Number of posts : 47

Age : 16
Join Date : 2017-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Who am I?   Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:45 am

To those wondering the page for NFM 1 here it is: http://www.speedrun.com/Need_For_Madness_1
Back to top Go down
SinfulBliss
Mercenary
Mercenary
avatar
Number of posts : 1208

Age : 25
Join Date : 2013-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Who am I?   Sun 23 Apr 2017, 5:19 am

SheppardkillerYT wrote:
To those wondering the page for NFM 1 here it is: http://www.speedrun.com/Need_For_Madness_1

Nice page -- very well formatted. Maybe I'll give the full run a try when I get some time. Now that NFMM is offline, this could be a good way to compete (although it is a quite different form of competition).
Back to top Go down
SheppardkillerYT
Amateur
Amateur
avatar
Number of posts : 47

Age : 16
Join Date : 2017-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Who am I?   Sun 23 Apr 2017, 5:28 am

Yeah I noticed that the original NFM website where I got the download off of is now shut down and it gives you this weirder website that I just can't stand seeing so what exactly did just happened?
Back to top Go down
[WI]
Half Life
Half Life
avatar
Number of posts : 1858

Age : 29
Join Date : 2013-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Who am I?   Sun 23 Apr 2017, 11:32 am

SheppardkillerYT wrote:
Yeah I noticed that the original NFM website where I got the download off of is now shut down and it gives you this weirder website that I just can't stand seeing so what exactly did just happened?
Omar didn't think about the website for too long, so its license expired (the license which allows it on the internet and stuff)
So someone quickly licensed a website on this url which redirects on a website where you can buy the license
Expect Omar making a new url with a different link if he does not want to pay money for it

Maybe not really like I explained but that stuff happens all the time
Back to top Go down
SheppardkillerYT
Amateur
Amateur
avatar
Number of posts : 47

Age : 16
Join Date : 2017-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Who am I?   Sun 23 Apr 2017, 5:58 pm

Should I include a Race only and Waste only% category along with the Classic NFM 1 Race and Waste only categories for NFM 1 for the full game category? I know I'm going a bit too far with this but I can tell you that it's possible to win stage 4 by wasting but the time it took to beat it without Dr. Monstaa was a bit absurd but it's possible hell I was thinking a New Game Race and Waste only category just to make things a bit easier on the tougher cars not being in the stage but you also risk of losing very easily. Just an idea
Back to top Go down
SinfulBliss
Mercenary
Mercenary
avatar
Number of posts : 1208

Age : 25
Join Date : 2013-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Who am I?   Sun 23 Apr 2017, 11:10 pm

SheppardkillerYT wrote:
Should I include a Race only and Waste only% category along with the Classic NFM 1 Race and Waste only categories for NFM 1 for the full game category? I know I'm going a bit too far with this but I can tell you that it's possible to win stage 4 by wasting but the time it took to beat it without Dr. Monstaa was a bit absurd but it's possible hell I was thinking a New Game Race and Waste only category just to make things a bit easier on the tougher cars not being in the stage but you also risk of losing very easily. Just an idea

Why not, might as well add it.

Also can you put up a bit of instruction as to how people can make a run and publish it?
Back to top Go down
SuperLemonDrop
Karma Caper
Karma Caper
avatar
Number of posts : 203

Age : 14
Join Date : 2015-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Who am I?   Mon 24 Apr 2017, 12:16 am

SheppardkillerYT wrote:
To those wondering the page for NFM 1 here it is: http://www.speedrun.com/Need_For_Madness_1

Congrats! I may submit a run later on, now I'm intrigued...
Back to top Go down
Enigma
Royalty
Royalty
avatar
Number of posts : 5838

Age : 16
Join Date : 2013-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Who am I?   Mon 24 Apr 2017, 12:44 am

I made a dedicated NFM Speedrunning topic since no one else seemed to be bothered to:
http://aimgames.forummotion.com/t4668-nfm-speedrunning

I suggest we move over there for further discussio since this topic has become a little cluttered and makeshift.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content



PostSubject: Re: Who am I?   

Back to top Go down
 

Who am I?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AIM Games :: Public Chat :: Introductions-