AIM Games
Welcome to the AIM Forums, the first Forum to ever be dedicated to Need For Madness!

To post a message/topic on the forums, you must REGISTER.

To REGISTER, click on the Button at the bottom of this message, or else at the top of the page. Without a user on these forums, you can only view some forums available to the public.

Have Fun and Feel free to ask/post anything here NFM related, or else just to chat. We have a chat-room at the bottom of this page, for only registered users to chat on though.
AIM Games
Welcome to the AIM Forums, the first Forum to ever be dedicated to Need For Madness!

To post a message/topic on the forums, you must REGISTER.

To REGISTER, click on the Button at the bottom of this message, or else at the top of the page. Without a user on these forums, you can only view some forums available to the public.

Have Fun and Feel free to ask/post anything here NFM related, or else just to chat. We have a chat-room at the bottom of this page, for only registered users to chat on though.
AIM Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official AIM Games Forums

HomeRegisterLog in
Announcements:
HTML has been disabled. I have been kind enough to allow customising of posts, but I guess it's either freedom or no freedom at all.
I am lazy to do Forum Awards this year.

Share | 

National New Years Tournament

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Venomalix
Half Life
Half Life
Venomalix
Number of posts : 1904

National New Years Tournament Empty
PostSubject: National New Years Tournament   National New Years Tournament Icon_minitimeWed 18 Dec 2013, 4:12 am

NATIONAL NEW YEARS TOURNAMENT
Welcome!

Yes, This is my last tournament that will start on New Years. (1/1/2014) This will be my final tournament I'll be hosting for a very long time. I might start again 2015, If I'm still interested in NFM. Anyways, I posted it a little before New Years so I could gather some members from AIM, CMF, And plainly online.

This is most likely one of my last tournaments ever, So I'm going to go out with a large and serious event that takes place on New Years!
Gotta be a way to enter! So look below.

Joining
It's a basic process. Fill out one or two, Then have it accepted before the 1st of January.

People have told me that 6 forms is too much, And "too confusing". So I decided to just make 2. One for racing, One for filming. If you want to do them both, Read a little bit more below.

Filming Form:

If you want to do both, Just fill out both of them! I'll totally make an exception of you racing and filming at the same time.

Times to Enter
Now, Times to enter a tier are limited. I have to make times for all 14 drivers to compete. Now, Here are some times to sign up. Message me the day you want to enter, And I will make arrangements.

Saturday, 2:35 PM

Sunday: 3:00 PM

Restrictions
Car Cannot be OP (No more than 2 stat bars full)
Car Cannot be Stolen (If It's under your name, Make sure you made it, Or if you have permission to use it)

Competitors
Competitors:

Filmers:

Time Trials
Explanation:

You will have 3 races to do alone. No AI, No opponents. Just you. Your tracks will consist of difficulties hard, medium, And easy. One of each. This requires DSmod, So I know you don't cheat with a stopwatch. I know there are some trollsters wanting to dominate in cheater times which they can't really achieve! All you have to do is turn in your time by Messaging me the FASTEST LAP, Or post it on the topic, Then I will mark it down. Use the car you signed up for, And make sure you even signed up. If you don't turn in your times on time, You will get no points.

Deadline for Times:

January 7th, 2014. (Others think it's May when I put 1/5/2013... XD)

EASY - Let the Dream Begin.

Times Set:

MEDIUM - Rolling with the big boys.

Times Set:

HARD - Four Dimensional Vertigo.

Times Set:

Scores for this Tier:

Configurated Rallies
Explanation:

These races will take place on weekends, As with the rest in the tournament. The first 2 teams to sign up for Saturday get to race all 5. The next 2 teams to sign up for Sunday will get to race all 5 as well. There can be 4 teams maximum. Yes, Clans may enter. If you wish to make up a temporary team, Or enter some members of your clan into it, Please, Go down a little farther. The times this session will take place is the 4th, And 5th, Considering there might be 14 players..

Race in teams of 2 to battle it out in 5 races. These 5 races will use elimination and brackets for teams. The team that is in first place after the 5 races will be given 30 bonus points, Which will be equally divided between the players. The teams will be split after this section. You may select your own member to be your teammate, As long as they agree. If nobody picks you, Then you will be autoselected with me. The teams are split, And the points are divided evenly, After this tier.

Teams:

1. JV and DestroyerOfHeaven - Unknown Session

2. Arc and Metrophis - Unknown Session

3. Shachar700 and Radical24 - Unknown Session

4. RX98 and Redline - Unknown Session

Tracks:

Velo City. 2 teams battle it out in one awesome race.

Confusion in an Illusion. Battle it out in a rather old stage.

Maximum Overfly. One stage that may support dirty racing, But is fun otherwise, And is perfect.

Battle of Allegiences. Another nice stage made by EJ.

Midnight Racers. One of my favorite tracks by Rad24!

Scores for this Tier:

Brawls
Explanation:

Battle other opponents in seperate races. Self explanatory, Really. Sessions take place on the 11th and the 12th.

Tracks:

Centrifugal Rush| Underwater? Rush or die. It's simple.

The Mad Party. The classic wasting stage.

Confusion in an Illusion. Confused? You lose.

Scores for this Tier:

Races
Explanation:

Classic racing in NFM is here in this tournament. Fly across some amazing tracks here! Sessions take place the 18th and the 19th.

Tracks:

Extrasensory. I just love this track! A lot. Good job Atomic!

Camaraderies in Bonds. I also like this track. Great work EJ.

Four Dimensional Vertigo. One greatly made track by Insano.

The Stretch. Also known as AB Land. Razz

Battle of Allegiences. Another nice track with a nice mod track to match!

Scores for this Tier:

Elimination
Explantion:

The final tier of the tournament is right here. After each race, A driver in last place is eliminated. This tier ends when there is 2 drivers left. Sessions take place the 25th and the 26th.

Tracks:

Introductory Stage II. A nice remake of the Introductory stage by Coononator!

Olympus Mons. Another really cool track by Turbo.

Light Years Ahead. One of my favorite tracks made by GX_L!

Snow and Ice. One really cool track made by GX_L.

Flying high beyond the Mountains and Clouds. One stage you can't say shat about! Great work GX_L.

Scores for this Tier:

Finale
Explanation:

Really, One simple race between the two best drivers of the whole thing. (Great job to those who actually made it.) Session takes place on the 1st and the 2nd of Febuary. There will be two winners, And two in second place. It is recommended if some people come to watch the 2 final showdowns.

Track:

Aphex. Another stage by Atom. A perfect track for a duel!

Overall Scores:

Now for the prime part of the entry for most of you people, PRIZES!

Prizes

Now, If you don't want the prize you won, Simply say you don't want it, Then, I won't give it to you. It's all your choice.

1st Place Prize - Hydrus. A simple TS mod. Truly amazing performance! I will give it to that person who wins 1st!

2nd Place Prize - Street Gangster. An HR mod. Amazing indeed. I will give it to the person who tried hard for 2nd.

3rd Place Prize - Gravel King. One of the greatest cars I have made from NFM will be going out to all of you in 3rd.

Scoring

1st - 10 pts.

2nd - 8 pts.

3rd - 6 pts.

4th - 4 pts.

5th - 2 pts.

6th - 1 pt.

7th - 0 pts.

Quitting - Lose 2 pts.

Time Trial Scoring

1st - 20 pts.
2nd - 18 pts.
3rd - 16 pts.
4th - 14 pts.
5th - 12 pts.
6th - 11 pts.
7th - 10.5 pts.
8th - 10 pts.
9th - 8 pts.
10th - 6 pts.
11th - 4 pts.
12th - 2 pts.
13th - 1 pt.
14th - 0 pts.
Quitting - Lose 2 pts. (I don't accept rage quitters!)

Conclusion

That concludes the topic. Thank you if you actually read the whole thing. Cya!

Last edited by Arc on Fri 10 Jan 2014, 12:39 am; edited 33 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://nfmc.forumotion.com
Omega
Limited Divinity
Limited Divinity
Omega
Number of posts : 2332

PostSubject: Re: National New Years Tournament   National New Years Tournament Icon_minitimeWed 18 Dec 2013, 4:18 am

You really need to reconfigure this because having it all center made my eyes hurt. I might join if you rearranged it.
Back to top Go down
Venomalix
Half Life
Half Life
Venomalix

PostSubject: Re: National New Years Tournament   National New Years Tournament Icon_minitimeWed 18 Dec 2013, 5:26 am

The topic has been reorganized, Improved, And slightly shortened.
Back to top Go down
Dex
Half Life
Half Life

Number of posts : 1770

PostSubject: Re: National New Years Tournament   National New Years Tournament Icon_minitimeWed 18 Dec 2013, 5:49 am

Sorry to break you heart man, you wrote too much for something that's not going to happen. Well, at least not on NEW YEARS DAY WHEN EVERYBODY IS ASLEEP OR WITH FAMILY. Unless you really have no abundance of life in you that you just happen to be on the PC on New Years Day, well I won't be at least.

Quick piece of advice, reconsider the time.
Back to top Go down
Venomalix
Half Life
Half Life
Venomalix

PostSubject: Re: National New Years Tournament   National New Years Tournament Icon_minitimeWed 18 Dec 2013, 5:57 am

Something to say, The entries are locked, And then that's when people can start turning in the times. The real stuff happens on the weekends. The races and stuff don't air on New Years... The Time Trials just start XD
Back to top Go down
Omega
Limited Divinity
Limited Divinity
Omega
Number of posts : 2332

PostSubject: Re: National New Years Tournament   National New Years Tournament Icon_minitimeWed 18 Dec 2013, 3:33 pm

Aaaah. Still to ugly to look at! Don't make EVERYTHING centered! Fail
Back to top Go down
Nero
Rogue Gamer
Rogue Gamer
Nero
Number of posts : 287

PostSubject: Re: National New Years Tournament   National New Years Tournament Icon_minitimeWed 18 Dec 2013, 3:45 pm

tl;dr
Back to top Go down
Venomalix
Half Life
Half Life
Venomalix

PostSubject: Re: National New Years Tournament   National New Years Tournament Icon_minitimeWed 18 Dec 2013, 4:29 pm

THERE! Happy now?
Back to top Go down
DestroyerOfHeaven
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
DestroyerOfHeaven
Number of posts : 2125

PostSubject: Re: National New Years Tournament   National New Years Tournament Icon_minitimeWed 18 Dec 2013, 4:47 pm

Another tournament? Gl then.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Ownage Elite
Ownage Elite
Silent
Number of posts : 4165

PostSubject: Re: National New Years Tournament   National New Years Tournament Icon_minitimeThu 19 Dec 2013, 1:51 am

I will join this tournament. BUT, can you arrange something for those who have trial accounts like me? Thanks.

Oh well, for the heck of it, I'll start with the time trials.

Car Used: Radical One (different stats)

I'll PM my times once I am done.
Back to top Go down
Venomalix
Half Life
Half Life
Venomalix

PostSubject: Re: National New Years Tournament   National New Years Tournament Icon_minitimeThu 19 Dec 2013, 3:46 am

I'll be willing to let you borrow my account just for this one time, Then you will return to RadicalX98 after.

RX98 has joined the New Years Event!

Note to the rest of you, This is my final tourney, Or my last one until 2015. So it'd be nice if you'd let up on the rather rude comments. Not counting CF's.
Back to top Go down
Insane Elite
Psychogenic
Psychogenic
Insane Elite
Number of posts : 1603

PostSubject: Re: National New Years Tournament   National New Years Tournament Icon_minitimeThu 19 Dec 2013, 6:30 am

You might wanna simplify the tournament a bit. What I mean is that having so much stuff like car tiers, match forms, difficulty levels, etc. is gonna make the tourney very hard to organize. I'd suggest that you narrow down the match forms to more simpler ones, because the simpler the tourney is, the easier it will be to organize and participate in the tourney.
Back to top Go down
Phyrexian
True Gamer
True Gamer
Phyrexian
Number of posts : 3597

PostSubject: Re: National New Years Tournament   National New Years Tournament Icon_minitimeThu 19 Dec 2013, 8:01 am

Arc wrote:
Deadline for Times:

1/3/2014
What...? 2 months for doing a few time trials seems a bit too long... did you mean 3. 1.?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PhyrexianNFM
Aero
Nu Radical
Nu Radical
Aero
Number of posts : 2910

PostSubject: Re: National New Years Tournament   National New Years Tournament Icon_minitimeThu 19 Dec 2013, 1:06 pm

Phyrexian wrote:
Arc wrote:
Deadline for Times:

1/3/2014
What...? 2 months for doing a few time trials seems a bit too long... did you mean 3. 1.?

He's Using U.S date format.(i think)
So its January 3rd 2014
Back to top Go down
Venomalix
Half Life
Half Life
Venomalix

PostSubject: Re: National New Years Tournament   National New Years Tournament Icon_minitimeThu 19 Dec 2013, 4:16 pm

To make it simpler, I put the month name, The day, And the year. I moved it up 2 days due to the fact there might be some stuff people will have to do around New Years. I added info onto the tiers so people would know when to prepare and make arrangements in their schedule to come. I also revised the prize cars to different ones. I also terminated all the forms, And just put down 2. One for racing, One for filming. Now this should be easier to understand. (I think)
Back to top Go down
Radical24
Ownage Elite
Ownage Elite
Radical24
Number of posts : 4150

PostSubject: Re: National New Years Tournament   National New Years Tournament Icon_minitimeThu 19 Dec 2013, 4:32 pm

NFMM Username: radical24
Are you an experienced filmer?: I'd say so
Will I try to add annotations when uploading to YouTube?: Ehh??

EDIT: 3 january is friday, so i can't make it. ignore this application UNLESS you can change the date.
Back to top Go down
Venomalix
Half Life
Half Life
Venomalix

PostSubject: Re: National New Years Tournament   National New Years Tournament Icon_minitimeFri 20 Dec 2013, 12:05 am

.. I changed it to the 5th. Btw, Time trials end on the 5th. The real action happens on the 11th and 12th. Btw, Do you wish to race too? Or are you just gonna sit back, Spectate, And film? Either way works for me.
Back to top Go down
Radical24
Ownage Elite
Ownage Elite
Radical24
Number of posts : 4150

PostSubject: Re: National New Years Tournament   National New Years Tournament Icon_minitimeFri 20 Dec 2013, 1:02 am

Arc wrote:
.. I changed it to the 5th. Btw, Time trials end on the 5th. The real action happens on the 11th and 12th. Btw, Do you wish to race too? Or are you just gonna sit back, Spectate, And film? Either way works for me.
Of course i'm gonna play you silly!
and that date is fine for me
Back to top Go down
Venomalix
Half Life
Half Life
Venomalix

PostSubject: Re: National New Years Tournament   National New Years Tournament Icon_minitimeFri 20 Dec 2013, 2:31 am

Ah okay. Just be sure to fill out both forms to not get me confused. Btw, Annotations are like text and shat. Just tell me the car you'll be using, And maybe try and get the times in early.
Back to top Go down
Shachar700
Collector
Collector
Shachar700
Number of posts : 507

PostSubject: Re: National New Years Tournament   National New Years Tournament Icon_minitimeFri 20 Dec 2013, 11:20 am

NFMM Username: Shax700
Are you an experienced filmer?: yes
Will I try to add annotations when uploading to YouTube?: I might add.

I hope it's in Fridays/Saturdays, that's when I can make it the most.

EDIT: I want to participate/compete in the tourney and not only record it :/
what to do now? to send you 3 time trials with the car I'm entering? video or screenshot? I'm confused scratch 
I don't understand all the rules but okay. (please organise it and explain your event)
Back to top Go down
Silent
Ownage Elite
Ownage Elite
Silent
Number of posts : 4165

PostSubject: Re: National New Years Tournament   National New Years Tournament Icon_minitimeFri 20 Dec 2013, 4:32 pm

Arc wrote:
I'll be willing to let you borrow my account just for this one time, Then you will return to RadicalX98 after.

RX98 has joined the New Years Event!

Note to the rest of you, This is my final tourney, Or my last one until 2015. So it'd be nice if you'd let up on the rather rude comments. Not counting CF's.

Er... I'd prefer a gift purchase from you. Razz I really don't need your account, 'cause when I get somebody's account, I get tempted to steal something. So... yeah. I prefer a gift purchase from you, just so I don't get any problems. OK?
Back to top Go down
SinfulBliss
Mercenary
Mercenary
SinfulBliss
Number of posts : 1353

PostSubject: Re: National New Years Tournament   National New Years Tournament Icon_minitimeSat 21 Dec 2013, 9:44 am

RX98 wrote:
Er... I'd prefer a gift purchase from you. Razz I really don't need your account, 'cause when I get somebody's account, I get tempted to steal something. So... yeah. I prefer a gift purchase from you, just so I don't get any problems. OK?

-.- He's nice enough to offer his account to you, and you ask him for more?

Tsk tsk tsk...

Anyway, Arc, what timezone is this, exactly? 2-3 pm is different in China than in America, for example. Shame there is only one wasting event =/... But I guess that seems to be the theme in these types of tournaments.

If it's possible, could one enter for just the wasting portion of the tournament? Also, for the Races, Elimination, or Finale, will wasting be allowed? For example, can someone delay the other racers so that the other person on his team can win?

If this is the case, here's my form:

Spoiler:

The teams might end up uneven, by the way. In case this happens, when you count scores for time trials, I would suggest averaging each team's points to discover the winner.

Recommendations:

- Replace Twisted Revenge with either:
  • When in Danger
  • Centrifugal Rush
  • Confusion in an Illusion (if you replace it with this one, I also would recommend moving it to the last of the matches, as playing here requires massive energy)
  • Mad Party

I say this because all of these wasting stages listed (Digger's, Twisted, Garden) are huge stages, so some variety would make things better.

Also, if you want this to be a "both" tournament, and not just racing, I would suggest evening out wasting with racing. The whole tournament seems sort of unbalanced in that regard, especially considering that the very final battle is just one race.

---------------------------------------

Just my thoughts. Kudos for organizing this thing. Also, CF, you'd be surprised how many people have some spare time on New Year's Razz

Back to top Go down
Redline
Collector
Collector
Redline
Number of posts : 496

PostSubject: Re: National New Years Tournament   National New Years Tournament Icon_minitimeSat 21 Dec 2013, 2:52 pm

@demise its in PST time, aka GMT -8
Back to top Go down
Venomalix
Half Life
Half Life
Venomalix

PostSubject: Re: National New Years Tournament   National New Years Tournament Icon_minitimeSun 22 Dec 2013, 6:59 pm

@ SinBliss Well, You have to do the whole thing. Once you tell me your racer, You're in.

@ Shax You're accepted. Basically, You get DSmod, And snapshot your fastest lap on the tracks told. The times must be messaged to me by the 5th.

Thanks to all of you for entering, And thanks for noticing errors I could not come across myself. I will continue revising the topic. And remember, Nobody can enter by the 1st, Just a heads up. MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Back to top Go down
Venomalix
Half Life
Half Life
Venomalix

PostSubject: Re: National New Years Tournament   National New Years Tournament Icon_minitimeSun 29 Dec 2013, 12:46 am

A little update, My account will be offline for awhile starting on New Years day. If I don't get my account back online by the 4th, This tournament will be delayed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: National New Years Tournament   National New Years Tournament Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

National New Years Tournament

View previous topic View next topic Back to top