AIM Games
Welcome to the AIM Forums, the first Forum to ever be dedicated to Need For Madness!

To post a message/topic on the forums, you must REGISTER.

To REGISTER, click on the Button at the bottom of this message, or else at the top of the page. Without a user on these forums, you can only view some forums available to the public.

Have Fun and Feel free to ask/post anything here NFM related, or else just to chat. We have a chat-room at the bottom of this page, for only registered users to chat on though.
AIM Games
Welcome to the AIM Forums, the first Forum to ever be dedicated to Need For Madness!

To post a message/topic on the forums, you must REGISTER.

To REGISTER, click on the Button at the bottom of this message, or else at the top of the page. Without a user on these forums, you can only view some forums available to the public.

Have Fun and Feel free to ask/post anything here NFM related, or else just to chat. We have a chat-room at the bottom of this page, for only registered users to chat on though.
AIM Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official AIM Games Forums

HomeRegisterLog in
Announcements:
HTML has been disabled. I have been kind enough to allow customising of posts, but I guess it's either freedom or no freedom at all.
I am lazy to do Forum Awards this year.

Share | 

Wasting Tournament (Heats)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

How should the first round of each group be run?
One match
Wasting Tournament (Heats) I_vote_lcap33%Wasting Tournament (Heats) I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 7 ]
One person loses twice
Wasting Tournament (Heats) I_vote_lcap67%Wasting Tournament (Heats) I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 21

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Mute
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Mute
Number of posts : 2044

Wasting Tournament (Heats) Empty
PostSubject: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) Icon_minitimeMon 15 Dec 2014, 10:31 pm

Ok, here's how this is gonna work. 24 people must apply, and they will be split into four groups of six in the order they apply. Then, I'll randomly generate each round with a clever internet program. The game will work like this:

Heats:
4 groups
6 players per group
2 games of 3 per group
First wasted in each 3-way is out
One person from each game will face one from the other in a 1v1
The winner of each will advance to the heat final. The winner of that advances to the grand final.

Grand Final:
Each person will be randomly selected to face another in a 1v1
The loser of each will play for 3rd
The winner of each will play for 1st.

Rules:
1: No hacking AT ALL. Should somebody record and you are caught hacking, and you come 1st, 2nd or 3rd, you will be eliminated and all others will be bumped up a slot. Clients included!
2: Teaming up is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN.
3: No Nimis, F7s or MASHEENs. That'd mess everything up, of course. All other cars are allowed though.
4: Game cars and stages ONLY. I make each and every game.
5: Do NOT complain about your group. Remember that it is based off a random generator, so if you have a tough group, unlucky.
6: Have fun!

Application:
NFMM Username:
Timezone:
Preferred Wasting Stage:

Groups:
Group 1:
1. BlazeA
2. Metrophis
3. Airborne
4. SpaceParadox
5. Demise
6. Astronaut
Winner;

Group 2:
1. Nitro
2. Desire
3. AileronOwl
4. Redline
5. Steam
6. Zuko
Winner;

Group 3:
1. Volt
2. BoilerNFM
3. ONYXBlade (Platinum)
4. Techno
5. Predator
6. tornadoshark
Winner;

Group 4:
1. Rosemary (Psycho)
2. Dust
3. -Panda-
4. Behemoth
5. Flash
6. ToaZuka
Winner;

Maroon = Knocked out in round 1
Red = Knocked out in round 2
Yellow = Knocked out in heat final

Finalists:
Group 1.
Group 2.
Group 3.
Group 4.

Reserves:
radical24
Duel
Kaboom

Final Result:
First place:
Second place:
Third place:

So, that's about it! A date will be arranged to the majority of each group, so that's where the reserves come in. Should be fun, have fun everyone!

Last edited by Behemoth on Mon 05 Jan 2015, 7:23 pm; edited 31 times in total
Back to top Go down
Aggressionz
Rogue Gamer
Rogue Gamer
Aggressionz
Number of posts : 281

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) Icon_minitimeMon 15 Dec 2014, 10:41 pm

Username:-Panda- (CoSmic
Timezone:Est Time (United States)
Preferred Wasting Stage:nda-Twisted Revenge
Back to top Go down
JackInTheBox
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
JackInTheBox
Number of posts : 2258

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) Icon_minitimeMon 15 Dec 2014, 10:41 pm

NFMM Username: Noooo
Timezone: GMT+10
Preferred Wasting Stage: NFM 1 Stage 7

Back to top Go down
Scarce
Rogue Gamer
Rogue Gamer
Scarce
Number of posts : 269

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) Icon_minitimeMon 15 Dec 2014, 10:45 pm

NFMM Username: Desire
Time Zone: UTC+12
Prefered Wasting Stage: Diggers Revenge
Back to top Go down
SinfulBliss
Mercenary
Mercenary
SinfulBliss
Number of posts : 1353

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) Icon_minitimeMon 15 Dec 2014, 10:52 pm

"First wasted in each 3-way is out". I think you mean both 1st and 2nd wasted, right? The finalist in the 3v3 plays the finalist in the 3v3 of his group, and the winner of that is the finalist of his group as a whole.

Is this not going to be best 2/3? If it requires just one match, that'll be kind of irritating for people who d/c, or get a bad landing glitch and combo-killed from it.

Also, I suggest you balance the teams if they seem uneven. If a bunch of pros are in one group, then a bunch of newcommers are in another group, then it will be easier to get into the finals as a newcommer than as a pro. Plus then the finals could end up pro vs newcommer (not interesting).

Also, have you considered what to do if the amount of people in the tourney aren't a multiple of 6? Also, try to schedule this so it doesn't interfere with Phy's CRC2014.

Other than that:

NFMM Username: Demise
Timezone: CST
Preferred Wasting Stage: When In Danger Just Chill Out
Back to top Go down
Toa
Hidden Agenda
Hidden Agenda
Toa
Number of posts : 10527

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) Icon_minitimeMon 15 Dec 2014, 10:55 pm

I hope this isn't a play-off of my wasting tournament. Otherwise, good luck hosting. Smile

I'll join, too;
NFMM Username: ToaZuka
Timezone: EST
Preferred Wasting Stage: Digger's Revenge

Back to top Go down
Psychopsilocybin
Cynically Insane
Cynically Insane
Psychopsilocybin
Number of posts : 21554

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) Icon_minitimeMon 15 Dec 2014, 10:56 pm

Eh, I'll try this out:

NFMM Username: Rosemary
Preferred Wasting Stage: Do The Snake Dance
Back to top Go down
Flash
Owned Gamer
Owned Gamer

Number of posts : 111

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) Icon_minitimeMon 15 Dec 2014, 11:00 pm

NFMM Username: Flash

Timezone: GMT -4

Preferred Wasting Stage: He is coming for you next
Back to top Go down
Mute
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Mute

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) Icon_minitimeMon 15 Dec 2014, 11:01 pm

SinfulBliss wrote:
"First wasted in each 3-way is out". I think you mean both 1st and 2nd wasted, right? The finalist in the 3v3 plays the finalist in the 3v3 of his group, and the winner of that is the finalist of his group as a whole.

Is this not going to be best 2/3? If it requires just one match, that'll be kind of irritating for people who d/c, or get a bad landing glitch and combo-killed from it.

Also, I suggest you balance the teams if they seem uneven. If a bunch of pros are in one group, then a bunch of newcommers are in another group, then it will be easier to get into the finals as a newcommer than as a pro. Plus then the finals could end up pro vs newcommer (not interesting).

Also, have you considered what to do if the amount of people in the tourney aren't a multiple of 6? Also, try to schedule this so it doesn't interfere with Phy's CRC2014.

Other than that:

NFMM Username: Demise
Preferred Wasting Stage: When In Danger Just Chill Out
1: You have 6 per group, and 2 games of three. The first wasted in each game will be eliminated, leaving four. These people will face off in 1v1s, then the winner of each will face off for their place in the final.

2: If a person dcs at the start, then we restart the game, no matter how much it happens. However, should they drop out due to their connection, they will be replaced. With the blgs and comboes, you wouldn't redo in a war or another tourney, especially as both happened to me in Toa's wasting tourney, at the same time. But, a mid-game dc means they're out.

3: Alright. Only if they're too imbalanced though.

4: Each heat will take place at the most convenient time for the majority. If one person can't make it, and it's just one, that's what the replacements are for.

5: Added.
Back to top Go down
Redline
Collector
Collector
Redline
Number of posts : 496

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) Icon_minitimeMon 15 Dec 2014, 11:07 pm

Well, ATM im hosting the team tournament (on both saturdays and sundays, no saturdays on war weekends) so... idk when this is gonna happen. id hope it doesnt interfere with any of the events i may be hosting.
Otherwise:
Nfmm Username: Redline
Timezone: GMT -5
Prefered Wasting Stage: Centrifugal Rush - Underwater
Back to top Go down
Mute
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Mute

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) Icon_minitimeMon 15 Dec 2014, 11:08 pm

Randomly generated 3-way games for group 1:

First match: Techno vs ToaZuka vs -Panda-
Second match: Demise vs Behemoth vs Desire
Back to top Go down
SinfulBliss
Mercenary
Mercenary
SinfulBliss

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) Icon_minitimeMon 15 Dec 2014, 11:09 pm

1: What determines who 1v1s who?

2: Replaced how? If someone DCs in the middle of a game because of their conn, they go right to losers bracket? Seems kind of harsh.

4: Still, it shouldn't be during CRC2014. Try to coordinate with Phy if you can.

Also, you should try to make all of these best 2/3. One match isn't enough to determine who's better. One person could get a blg. Someone could hit somebody in a corner, then get hit himself and lose the 3v3, going right to loser's bracket. Maybe it should be a vote.
Back to top Go down
Mute
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Mute

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) Icon_minitimeMon 15 Dec 2014, 11:15 pm

SinfulBliss wrote:
1: What determines who 1v1s who?

2: Replaced how? If someone DCs in the middle of a game because of their conn, they go right to losers bracket? Seems kind of harsh.

4: Still, it shouldn't be during CRC2014. Try to coordinate with Phy if you can.

Also, you should try to make all of these best 2/3. One match isn't enough to determine who's better. One person could get a blg. Someone could hit somebody in a corner, then get hit himself and lose the 3v3, going right to loser's bracket. Maybe it should be a vote.
1: The random generator I use.

2: There are replacements. Also, I know it's harsh, but I don't see another way.

4: IF Phy joins, and it depends on whether people choose that time or not.

5: This isn't to be taken too seriously, it's for fun. This is a tournament, not a war.
Back to top Go down
SinfulBliss
Mercenary
Mercenary
SinfulBliss

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) Icon_minitimeMon 15 Dec 2014, 11:23 pm

2: There is another way. You can make it best 2/3 so that if someone d/c's they still have 2 more games to play, and aren't thrust into the loser's bracket.

4: People who join this will be in CRC2014, not just Phy.

5: Everybody tries their best during tourneys. So, if someone loses because of a blg in 1 game, that'd suck. Or, have a poll and see who wants to make it 2/3 and who 1 match.
Back to top Go down
Mute
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Mute

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) Icon_minitimeMon 15 Dec 2014, 11:26 pm

SinfulBliss wrote:
2: There is another way. You can make it best 2/3 so that if someone d/c's they still have 2 more games to play, and aren't thrust into the loser's bracket.

4: People who join this will be in CRC2014, not just Phy.

5: Everybody tries their best during tourneys. So, if someone loses because of a blg in 1 game, that'd suck. Or, have a poll and see who wants to make it 2/3 and who 1 match.
2: It's already gonna be a long tourney. Besides, bs happens in all tournaments, so I can't really help this. Sorry.

4: Alright. Well, it's up to the groups what the times are, so leave it to them.

5: Perhaps, I may put that poll up soon.
Back to top Go down
SinfulBliss
Mercenary
Mercenary
SinfulBliss

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) Icon_minitimeMon 15 Dec 2014, 11:29 pm

Yeah, better earlier than later. That way you'll have more people voting.
Back to top Go down
Mute
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Mute

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) Icon_minitimeMon 15 Dec 2014, 11:30 pm

Alright. I'll put it up now.
Back to top Go down
Poison
Rogue Gamer
Rogue Gamer
Poison
Number of posts : 297

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) Icon_minitimeMon 15 Dec 2014, 11:36 pm

NFMM Name: Volt
Wasting Stage: He's Coming for you Next
Back to top Go down
ApexNova
Computer Freak
Computer Freak
ApexNova
Number of posts : 1103

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) Icon_minitimeMon 15 Dec 2014, 11:41 pm

NFMM Name: SpaceParadox
Wasting Stage: Mad Party Fuckface:3
Back to top Go down
SinfulBliss
Mercenary
Mercenary
SinfulBliss

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) Icon_minitimeMon 15 Dec 2014, 11:58 pm

Behemoth wrote:
Randomly generated 3-way games for group 1:

First match: Techno vs ToaZuka vs -Panda-
Second match: Demise vs Behemoth vs Desire

Might wanna post this on the OP.
Back to top Go down
Mute
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Mute

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) Icon_minitimeTue 16 Dec 2014, 12:07 am

Perhaps. We'll see how the rest of the teams fill out.
Back to top Go down
Psychopsilocybin
Cynically Insane
Cynically Insane
Psychopsilocybin
Number of posts : 21554

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) Icon_minitimeTue 16 Dec 2014, 12:07 am

You should use a random generator to generate groups and what players are in what group.

Just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
Mute
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Mute

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) Icon_minitimeTue 16 Dec 2014, 12:21 am

Eh, alrighty. I'll reshuffle it all.
Back to top Go down
SinfulBliss
Mercenary
Mercenary
SinfulBliss

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) Icon_minitimeTue 16 Dec 2014, 12:23 am

Bad idea. You could still end up with unbalanced groups. Best bet is to let them occur as they are now, then if something looks unbalanced, adjust it.
Back to top Go down
Mute
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Mute

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) Icon_minitimeTue 16 Dec 2014, 12:26 am

They are unlikely to be balanced at this rate. So, unspecified now. Will be reshuffled when 24 have joined.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wasting Tournament (Heats)   Wasting Tournament (Heats) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wasting Tournament (Heats)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top