AIM Games
Welcome to the AIM Forums, the first Forum to ever be dedicated to Need For Madness!

To post a message/topic on the forums, you must REGISTER.

To REGISTER, click on the Button at the bottom of this message, or else at the top of the page. Without a user on these forums, you can only view some forums available to the public.

Have Fun and Feel free to ask/post anything here NFM related, or else just to chat. We have a chat-room at the bottom of this page, for only registered users to chat on though.
AIM Games
Welcome to the AIM Forums, the first Forum to ever be dedicated to Need For Madness!

To post a message/topic on the forums, you must REGISTER.

To REGISTER, click on the Button at the bottom of this message, or else at the top of the page. Without a user on these forums, you can only view some forums available to the public.

Have Fun and Feel free to ask/post anything here NFM related, or else just to chat. We have a chat-room at the bottom of this page, for only registered users to chat on though.
AIM Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official AIM Games Forums

HomeRegisterLog in
Announcements:
HTML has been disabled. I have been kind enough to allow customising of posts, but I guess it's either freedom or no freedom at all.
I am lazy to do Forum Awards this year.

Share | 

What is NFMM lacking?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Jiggnfm
Hidden Agenda
Hidden Agenda
Jiggnfm
Number of posts : 10256

What is NFMM lacking? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jul 2014, 7:44 pm

My suggestion is to have a system of where there is a war, and you are in the wrong color. When you join the game, you will be automatically be switched the the Clan Colors the leader has set.
Back to top Go down
http://streetblunt954.wordpress.com/
Ben
Young Owner
Young Owner
Ben
Number of posts : 378

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jul 2014, 8:09 pm

I think NFMM could benefit from the idea of Back-to-Back Games.

A Player sets up a game,and chooses 2 - 5 tracks in a series.
He then invites everyone he wants into this game.
When the game is finished,everyone from the last game is automatically put into the next track.
Players race/waste in these series of tracks until the final track is finished.
They could be given points at the end of each game depending on their ranking.
In the end,the points are tallied,and the winner is crowned.
Although,the points thing could be a optional setting,if people just want to play a friendly Tournament.
Back to top Go down
Hysteria
Soul Reaper
Soul Reaper

Number of posts : 15147

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jul 2014, 8:23 pm

THE OPTION TO MUTE OTHER PLAYERS IN THE CHAT.

I'm fed up with trollers, spammers, flamers, etc

Last edited by Hysteria on Mon 28 Jul 2014, 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
X-Metal
Limited Divinity
Limited Divinity
X-Metal
Number of posts : 2419

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jul 2014, 8:26 pm

Gaben Newell's approval.
Back to top Go down
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/
The Saiyan Five
Code Thief
The Saiyan Five
Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jul 2014, 8:30 pm

Lag is a major issue... Such as when you are racing but there is so much lag and glitches that you can't dodge in time when a waster is trying to waste you.

Last edited by The Saiyan Five on Mon 28 Jul 2014, 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Misspelled)
Back to top Go down
SinfulBliss
Mercenary
Mercenary
SinfulBliss
Number of posts : 1353

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jul 2014, 5:53 am

I can see changing rim colors to car colors as an advantage that could make it slightly harder to see whether a car is BL or not.
Back to top Go down
LIX
Psychogenic
Psychogenic
LIX
Number of posts : 1592

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jul 2014, 9:06 am

The Saiyan Five wrote:
Lag is a major issue... Such as when you are racing but there is so much lag and glitches that you can't dodge in time when a waster is trying to waste you.

Sadly there is no way to avoid lag. The game works that way, because it is online. It would be tedious to develop an algorithm to counteract the effects of lag, because it is incredibly complex. Reason: players are in different continents, the ping is different. Lag adds a new dimension to wasting and dodging. But, I can see your point. GGs.
Back to top Go down
InhumanPwnage
What is NFMM lacking? - Page 2 Meltgr10
"MeltGreen" stars
InhumanPwnage
Number of posts : 2907

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jul 2014, 12:05 am

Radical24:

EJ:

The Ethereal wrote:
Why not let the user set the graphics quality using toggles? I think this would be more useful for players running NFMM on low-end computers.

It's not a bad idea, however this would require an overhaul of the current polygon system.

Everything is just a face, and representing each one with a polygon instead, would make everything seem like a cutout of pieces of paper put together.

GXLouis:

800*28 wrote:
Have a music player. With everyone's favorite genres.

To be honest, you can do that yourself without the need for NFM. Sounds like changing NFMM into a utility than a game...

800*28 wrote:
Have an option where you can confirm your clan's color on your clan's page on NFMM, but only the leader can change it.

Jiggnfm wrote:
When you join the game, you will be automatically be switched the the Clan Colors the leader has set.

Fully Agree. Something Omar didn't consider, and should be done to help distinguish clans in battle.

Metrohpis:

Enigma:

Hysteria:

Ben:

The Saiyan Five wrote:
Lag is a major issue...
It's a given that an online game will have lag. It's theoretically possible to have lag-less game-play, but in practice is impossible due to external/unforeseen factors. one way we alleviate this is if NFMM gets more traffic and registered users, it will prompt Omar to upgrade servers and rent new ones.

Not many people like NFMM because of *cough*graphics*cough*, we don't need to appease their eyes when we can offer them something else, *hint* *hint* MADNESS! I'm being serious when I say we should build on what makes NFM unique, and do things other Racing games don't have.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dreamhunt.net
LeCalisthenicsFan
Psychogenic
Psychogenic
LeCalisthenicsFan
Number of posts : 1573

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jul 2014, 12:39 am

There is something that should be changed
I think NFMM is becoming more and more unstable because after the
major update my game has been freezing left and right so many f*cking times it annoys me
to the bone. So, I don't know but if Omar could somehow make sure the game doesn't freeze so often
on people's computers (the ones that are running slow) that would be a nice thing to do.

Also he should increase the .mod limit
to 400kb or 500kb
Back to top Go down
LIX
Psychogenic
Psychogenic
LIX

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 Aug 2014, 6:19 am

https://2img.net/h/s28.postimg.cc/tmy06hi9o/Screenshot_232.jpg
Suggestion:
Automatically delete NFMM PMs that are older than two weeks. OR
To allow the user to select messages that are unnecessary.
Comment:
Minor issue, the conversation still loads eventually.
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nu Radical
Nu Radical
Harbinger
Number of posts : 2714

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 Aug 2014, 6:45 am

IP, all of your ideas are just pure epicness. You are very intelligent. Wink

Also, if anything should be done, I think NFMM or just NFM itself needs these 2 things (of course all the above is needed):

1. NEW RIMS! me, and other people who I try to show NFM (irl) say that the current rim is ugly and dull! We should make at least 5 new rims in the wheel section in car maker and make a tab where we change the "rim style" with at least 5 choices. They can be named "rim style 1, rim style 2 etc.)

You guys might say that it will increase lag and all, but KoS made new rims and said that it caused no lag for him. If he was able to do that, i'm sure Insano can (or can get help from him like he did for the new graphics). Trust me, it will make the cars look so much better and will make NFM cars more gorgeous looking and customizatible for players.

And about the rim depth, it probably won't be possible for the new rims if they were made, so insano can disable the rim depth for the new ones, and for the "basic rim" (current one) the depth can be editable. The basic rim can be used for those who want to make SOJ spikes or whatever.

2. New, better, improved engine sounds!
The current engine sounds are just bogus!

Not to be immature or anything, but bear with me...

For example, the current engine sounds pretty much sound like this:

"RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"

When I keep the volume on, my siblings and parents tend to make fun of the engine sound because of how strange it sounds. We need better sounds from other car games like Need for speed.

This is how it should sound like:

VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

*gear shifts*

VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

*gear shifts*

VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

and sedra.

And again, sorry for being an idiot.

And for the retro, it should be a bit louder and heavy seems it's for an SUV.

The same will go to the rest, even diesel and power.

Also, when the race is starting and Insano is saying "3 2 1 go!" during that time, if the player is holding the gas, their should be a sound coming from the car that the engine is getting reved up like in other racing games.

NFM needs this, it really does.
Back to top Go down
Phyrexian
True Gamer
True Gamer
Phyrexian
Number of posts : 3597

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 Aug 2014, 9:25 am

Well, what I would like to see in NFMM is a minimap. As you all know, I am making one for NFM 2: Territories, and I already asked Omar if he would implement it to NFMM when I complete it, and he said that he would although he might make some changes to it before putting it in.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PhyrexianNFM
Insane Elite
Psychogenic
Psychogenic
Insane Elite
Number of posts : 1603

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 Aug 2014, 10:46 am

Phyrexian wrote:
Well, what I would like to see in NFMM is a minimap. As you all know, I am making one for NFM 2: Territories, and I already asked Omar if he would implement it to NFMM when I complete it, and he said that he would although he might make some changes to it before putting it in.

Well then the guidance arrow would be pointless...... plus the minimap would take up space in the screen.
Back to top Go down
Enigma
Royalty
Royalty
Enigma
Number of posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 Aug 2014, 11:10 am

Insane Elite wrote:
Phyrexian wrote:

Well then the guidance arrow would be pointless...... plus the minimap would take up space in the screen.

You could easily solve the issue with having no space on the screen buy putting the minimap below the game screen in the pointless black area.
Back to top Go down
LIX
Psychogenic
Psychogenic
LIX

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 Aug 2014, 11:12 am

Enigma wrote:
Insane Elite wrote:
Phyrexian wrote:

You could easily solve the issue with having no space on the screen buy putting the minimap below the game screen in the pointless black area.

Having the minimap partially transparent would be my solution.
Back to top Go down
Ultimato
Psychogenic
Psychogenic
Ultimato
Number of posts : 1533

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 Aug 2014, 11:16 am

A_Dynamite wrote:
Enigma wrote:
Insane Elite wrote:
Phyrexian wrote:

From what I've seen the radar is already partially transparent.
@Enigma the radar takes up just about the same amount of space the speedometer takes up, maybe even less.
Back to top Go down
Enigma
Royalty
Royalty
Enigma
Number of posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 Aug 2014, 11:21 am

Ultimato wrote:
A_Dynamite wrote:
Enigma wrote:
Insane Elite wrote:
Phyrexian wrote:

From what I've seen the radar is already partially transparent.
@Enigma the radar takes up just about the same amount of space the speedometer takes up, maybe even less.

Oh, I thought it would be a lot bigger, my bad.

New suggestion: A third arrow that points to the nearest fix hoop.
Back to top Go down
Cynosure
Computer Freak
Computer Freak
Cynosure
Number of posts : 1128

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 Aug 2014, 2:11 pm

Not sure if anyone's said this but vinyls or extra polygons?
Back to top Go down
LeCalisthenicsFan
Psychogenic
Psychogenic
LeCalisthenicsFan
Number of posts : 1573

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 Aug 2014, 2:29 pm

Omar should increase the polygon limit for cars and the area for stage maker

Last edited by NFSRivalFan on Sat 02 Aug 2014, 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WolfInABox
Ascended
Ascended
WolfInABox
Number of posts : 6926

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 Aug 2014, 2:59 pm

NFSRivalFan wrote:
Plate should increase the polygon limit for cars and the area for stage maker

Please no. Like playing against super-detailed cars on custom stages jammed with track parts everywhere isn't laggy enough, at least for me ;_;
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 Aug 2014, 4:23 pm

InhumanPwnage wrote:
  • UI: Keyboard Controls & Instructions, Icons

I agree fully, and it shouldn't be too hard to do, since there were points my mom took away my mouse so that I don't play on my PC... It was annoying waiting for the "click here to continue" and I couldn't change cars unless a game ended, or the colors ( I didn't really mind the colors though.) You can not create a game but you can join obviously, you can also use the chatbox by pressing "tab". So yeah, I think it would be useful and we're not very far from that.

InhumanPwnage wrote:

• Options Menu (thanks A_Dynamite)
    [spoiler]Under the Credits option, another option can be put in that leads to changing the various settings that affect NFM all throughout. These being Music, Sound Effects, Smoothing, Screen-Size, Motion Effects.

• YES. I can assume it will reduce lagg and make it more convenient in some cases like music, I never listen to nfmm music, and it would be more convenient if I can turn off the sound once and for all. I realize this option http://prntscr.com/48t505 works, but it mutes all java related programs I think. While you're at it , he should add a "RULES" section in the menu on top of credits. I honestly find it confusing on how we're supposed to moderate the game without any guidelines to follow, and with guidelines to follow, less people would want to go the opposite path.

InhumanPwnage wrote:
  • Ability to add people to an ignore list

• Yeah it's a good feature to have, it would be nice if you're trying to discuss something with a player and you didn't have to see all the screaming people in the lobby trying to ruin the discussion.

InhumanPwnage wrote:
  • No going out of bounds!

• This idea has actually been suggested many times. In fact, I had asked 10thgrave to offer to give the coding or w/e it is that prevents people from going out of bounds ( he has it on his version), and Omar refused saying "it's part of the game." I think we should convince him by adding a poll or something to show where people stand with this idea because sometimes it does happen when you bounce to avoid someone near a wall you get out whether it's by accident or a stratergy and then you simply come back in. There isn't much of an issue of that,maybe that's what he means by part of the game not realizing , the fools that are so desperate to win a game, that they just run outside as far as they can and just annoy people.

InhumanPwnage wrote:
  • Further Unlock-able content

• Yes, this would help make the game more intresting.

As for the clan suggestions, I like bomb and trophy.

A_Dynamite wrote:
    NFM is missing its own recording system, instead of opening an external program

I I have no issues with recording myself, but I fear that along with the other new updates, it can make the game slower.

EJ wrote:
    Another aspect, that I think that most players, if not all, would like to see is a speedometer.

Yup it's most, I don't need a number to tell me how fast I'm going and I've tried DS addons and hated it, I hate having stuff taking room from my screen and I know it can be disabled, but the option is already there and Omar doesn't mind DS operating with his addons, so why bother?

EJ wrote:

We all have come across situations in fast cars in which we would have favored a lower speed. Having another two different keys to drive it at 1/2 its speed and another at 3/4, both relative to the amount of power present. Fundamentally, it would work in the same manner as the 'Up' arrow key, press it, you move along at that desired speed and release it, your engine would idle. The keys should be included in an 'Options' menu/tab, enabling/disabling them or choosing different keys. I understand that this is moot, when pertaining to extremely slow cars and that, to some, it is impractical. However, it can be utilized whenever needed.

I don't like this idea, we already have the space bar and the down button to slow down, this will make nuking a whole bunch more annoying.

800*28 wrote:
    Have a music player. With everyone's favorite genres.

I'm sorry but that's bad idea, we already have stage MODs for people that don't want to listen to their own music, nfmm is a game, not a music player at the end of the day.

Ultimato wrote:
    AAAAAND a drop down bar for your cars in car select that you can scroll through, it can save alot of time, I've wanted this for years.

Yes, that would be pretty convenient if someone is using a car like Max Revenge , and would like to switch to Mighty Eight right after, or something along those lines.

Jiggnfm wrote:
    My suggestion is to have a system of where there is a war, and you are in the wrong color. When you join the game, you will be automatically be switched the the Clan Colors the leader has set.

I agree.

A_Dynamite wrote:
    https://2img.net/h/s28.postimg.cc/tmy06hi9o/Screenshot_232.jpg
    Suggestion:
    Automatically delete NFMM PMs that are older than two weeks. OR
    To allow the user to select messages that are unnecessary.
    Comment:
    Minor issue, the conversation still loads eventually.

I think it would also benefit the servers in general.

Phyrexian wrote:
    Well, what I would like to see in NFMM is a minimap.

No. This will ruin the element of surprise.

Okay now I have a few ideas myself. For clan based games, we should have 2 arrows. One pointing at the closest enemy, and one at the closest clan mate. I think Mighty Eight needs a buff. The stats are fine, but from what I remember on single player, it wasn't meant to be OHKOED by r1, it needs a small buff when it comes to taking hits, monstaa and king should still OHKO it, but r1 shouldn't. The reason r1 is so overused is because it's practically your only choice if you want decent speed while not having to worry about getting tapped by a guy with 50% power and die from that. This is practically common sense,but the nfmm clan system should be made to follow this order, Racing > Wasting > Both. It would theoretically count as a win if someone won a racing game by wasting, which isn't what we want and it would really suck if we didn't use the system after some of us have waited for it and the effort Omar put in it.
    Back to top Go down
    Silent
    Ownage Elite
    Ownage Elite
    Silent
    Number of posts : 4165

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 Aug 2014, 5:00 pm

I know this a bad idea...

Take a look at Minecraft. It has servers in many different languages, and I was wondering if we can do something similar to this, maybe add a translator or something? I'm just saying, I know a few people who like to play NFM but they don't know English.

This idea is only optional, just doing it for the sake of popularity and population. Razz
    Back to top Go down
    Redline
    Collector
    Collector
    Redline
    Number of posts : 496

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 Aug 2014, 5:08 pm

4 suggestions:
    Add compatibility for other types of Music files, like XM files. Keep th file limit at 250KB, tho.

Use a different graphics engine, one thats a bit stronger (it wont really effect people with bad PCs, since the current one still lets people with the worst of PCs run fine.) Im not saying to chnage the graphics although.

Myabe add a render distance slider.

Make use of those function keys In-Game Ex:
    F1: Options section that was suggested by IP (With the added view distance slider)
    F2: Basicly, an alternative for the V key.
    ECT.
    Back to top Go down
    BackflipBadger
    Code Thief
    BackflipBadger
    Number of posts : 0

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 04 Aug 2014, 7:34 pm

Well, I personally think the custom car stats should be modified. I think all cars should need their stats redone at some point to fix older cars that are still broken.

NFM Unreal should be released. (did I say that out loud?)

Top speed should be wired to strength, no car should be Formula 7 fast and El King strong.

Now, I think the option to modify the cars aerial rotation and gliding should be set at max by default, so you can only decrease it. (cause what person creating a waster wouldn't try to make their car as OP as possible?) What bothers me the most is the push setting. NOBODY seems to not max it out on every car, so when I'm trying to run a clean race with Radical One, I get nudged by some tiny race car with the push maxed out and get sent to the other side of the map. All those factors should be directly related to the cars stats, not for some kid to max out because they don't want to lose. So if you have a weak car, it won't push any other cars, And if you have a bad stunts stat, you won't be able to improve it in any way without sacrificing other stats.

Handling should become a stat, not just a tool for kids to max out. That way fast and strong cars with ridiculous powersave will suffer chasing down realistic cars.

As for new game cars, I would love some new nimble B/A class heroes, not game breaking cars, but maybe just some fun cars similar to the lower class cars nobody uses.

A new view that is farther back from the car would be nice so I could avoid getting sent flying by a modded Formula 7.
    Back to top Go down
    Raptor Extreme
    Collector
    Collector
    Raptor Extreme
    Number of posts : 463

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 05 Aug 2014, 5:14 am

I think we should be allowed to be import car audio noises.
    I'm kind of tired of the RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR noise. Let us have some variety, like maybe :
    Spoiler:
    Granted it'd be a little complex but if he can find a way to let the game support other file types (Like .exes or .zip files) it might be easier

Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is NFMM lacking?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top