AIM Games
Welcome to the AIM Forums, the first Forum to ever be dedicated to Need For Madness!

To post a message/topic on the forums, you must REGISTER.

To REGISTER, click on the Button at the bottom of this message, or else at the top of the page. Without a user on these forums, you can only view some forums available to the public.

Have Fun and Feel free to ask/post anything here NFM related, or else just to chat. We have a chat-room at the bottom of this page, for only registered users to chat on though.
AIM Games
Welcome to the AIM Forums, the first Forum to ever be dedicated to Need For Madness!

To post a message/topic on the forums, you must REGISTER.

To REGISTER, click on the Button at the bottom of this message, or else at the top of the page. Without a user on these forums, you can only view some forums available to the public.

Have Fun and Feel free to ask/post anything here NFM related, or else just to chat. We have a chat-room at the bottom of this page, for only registered users to chat on though.
AIM Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official AIM Games Forums

HomeRegisterLog in
Announcements:
HTML has been disabled. I have been kind enough to allow customising of posts, but I guess it's either freedom or no freedom at all.
I am lazy to do Forum Awards this year.

Share | 

What is NFMM lacking?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaffeinated
Wanderer
Wanderer
Kaffeinated
Number of posts : 7988

What is NFMM lacking? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 05 Aug 2014, 5:36 am

interesting idea, but it needs to be preset sound files....if you could upload any sound their would be immense "spam" of profanity, annoying sounds, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.HIRED.com
Raptor Extreme
Collector
Collector
Raptor Extreme
Number of posts : 463

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 05 Aug 2014, 11:00 am

That is a good point, but maybe he could make it to where that only the player can hear the car's noise and the other players just hear the generic RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Back to top Go down
ApexNova
Computer Freak
Computer Freak
ApexNova
Number of posts : 1103

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 05 Aug 2014, 3:47 pm

To expand the in-game recording idea:

In each event, it records all player position data and event details (i.e stage) and asks if you want to save this event to a demo file. Once saved, it can be viewed from an in game viewer, so you can see everyone's POV from different angles. Maybe you could even control the camera movement in the viewer as well (such as how you can move around when developing in the stage maker). A series of camera movements can be made and become automated, then the match can be exported to a video file using those.
Back to top Go down
Enigma
Royalty
Royalty
Enigma
Number of posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 05 Aug 2014, 4:01 pm

Raptor Extreme wrote:
That is a good point, but maybe he could make it to where that only the player can hear the car's noise and the other players just hear the generic RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I thought you suggestion was implying you were trying to get rid of the 'RRRRRR' sound...
Back to top Go down
Thunder_Edge
Rogue Gamer
Rogue Gamer
Thunder_Edge
Number of posts : 255

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 05 Aug 2014, 5:06 pm

The Stunting stats and physics need to be nerfed. There is too much ABing and bouncing going around. I can't even play some of my favorite stages without 20 R1's or high speed/stunting customs bouncing down the straights.
I also believe that the custom car and stage limit for each account should be raised from 20 to 30. There is just not enough space and i find myself not being able to delete anything for something else.

I know my take on ABing is going to start another war, but imo it's just ruining the game for me. What fun is it to just see everyone using 1 car constantly and doing the same thing over and over again? I'm tired of being insulted because i find it noobish and unskillful. It's like seeing everyone play Radical Aces, but with cars.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kirbyowns14?feature=mhee
LIX
Psychogenic
Psychogenic
LIX
Number of posts : 1592

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 05 Aug 2014, 5:09 pm

I think the AB is a glitch.
Back to top Go down
Thunder_Edge
Rogue Gamer
Rogue Gamer
Thunder_Edge

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 05 Aug 2014, 5:15 pm

A_Dynamite wrote:

It is a glitch, but people will still defend it saying it was intentionally put into the game.
So Question: If it was intentionally put into the game, then why is there no instruction in the game instructions?
Back to top Go down
LIX
Psychogenic
Psychogenic
LIX

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 05 Aug 2014, 5:26 pm

Thunder_Edge wrote:
A_Dynamite wrote:

It is a glitch, but people will still defend it saying it was intentionally put into the game.
So Question: If it was intentionally put into the game, then why is there no instruction in the game instructions?

ABing can be fun, but I would not mind to see the AB removed from the game.
Back to top Go down
Crackharrow
Ownage Elite
Ownage Elite
Crackharrow
Number of posts : 4220

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 05 Aug 2014, 5:26 pm

why would a bouncing mechanism be intentionally put into a game thats supposed to have some logic in it.. bouncing cars arent logic enough
used to hate it, but getting accustomed to it is easy..
Back to top Go down
LIX
Psychogenic
Psychogenic
LIX

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 05 Aug 2014, 5:30 pm

Suggestion: Add a new gaming mode, timer that ticks downwards until zero seconds, once the timer is at zero, the player in the first position is crowned winner.
Back to top Go down
Kaffeinated
Wanderer
Wanderer
Kaffeinated

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 05 Aug 2014, 5:49 pm

ApexNova wrote:

In each event, it records all player position data and event details (i.e stage) and asks if you want to save this event to a demo file. Once saved, it can be viewed from an in game viewer, so you can see everyone's POV from different angles. Maybe you could even control the camera movement in the viewer as well (such as how you can move around when developing in the stage maker). A series of camera movements can be made and become automated, then the match can be exported to a video file using those.

Sounds like there would be too much lag to both play and record. Perhaps there could be an option to join a game just to record. My suggestion for a video format would be .mkv or .ogm as they are quite small afaik. The java lib VLCJ might help with playback.
Back to top Go down
Dex
Half Life
Half Life

Number of posts : 1770

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 05 Aug 2014, 6:33 pm

ApexNova wrote:

Just what I was thinking but;

Theater mode.
In-game storing system which allows you to view and watch previously played games. Stores a maximum of 10 games, unless the player decides to delete them to add more room. Sort-of like deleting a car to add another car if your cars are full.
Theater mode allows you to view every single car in the regular "watch-game" views, but also adding a NEW view option. Sort of like how you can move around the stage in Stage Maker, and you can zoom up or down.

Alternative Idea: Add a new view option when WATCHING A GAME ONLY. The view option would be what I discussed above about theater mode where you can freely move around a stage without having to focus on a player's car.
Back to top Go down
Amplifier
True Gamer
True Gamer
Amplifier
Number of posts : 3933

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 05 Aug 2014, 6:38 pm

Have a system when you see a guy who stole your car, you can tell Omar, and then he will delete the car when he can.
Back to top Go down
Raptor Extreme
Collector
Collector
Raptor Extreme
Number of posts : 463

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 05 Aug 2014, 9:52 pm

Enigma wrote:
Raptor Extreme wrote:

I thought you suggestion was implying you were trying to get rid of the 'RRRRRR' sound...

I should have clarified what I meant. I meant for the sound to be changed only for the player who is DRIVING the car. If Omar does make it so that everyone can hear the changed noises he should give us an option that enables or disables the custom sounds. So if there's a car with a high pitched screech going around you can change an option and it reverts back to the original engine sound
Back to top Go down
Thunder_Edge
Rogue Gamer
Rogue Gamer
Thunder_Edge

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 05 Aug 2014, 11:20 pm

800*28 wrote:
Have a system when you see a guy who stole your car, you can tell Omar, and then he will delete the car when he can.

That really wouldn't do anything. Sure that person took the car, but do you really think that telling Omar about it would solve anything? Sure if the person has an account it can be deleted, but what's stopping said person from getting another account or leaking the stolen cars to the public? If anything that would drive that person to do it again and keep doing it with no fear knowing they can't be stopped. It's the internet, you can't stop anything on it.
Back to top Go down
AileronOwl
Collector
Collector
AileronOwl
Number of posts : 520

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Aug 2014, 2:58 am

NFSRivalFan wrote:
There is something that should be changed
I think NFMM is becoming more and more unstable because after the
major update my game has been freezing left and right so many f*cking times it annoys me
to the bone. So, I don't know but if Omar could somehow make sure the game doesn't freeze so often
on people's computers (the ones that are running slow) that would be a nice thing to do.

Also he should increase the .mod limit
to 400kb or 500kb

Maybe you need a faster computer, or perhaps a better connection. Also, I feel like I've heard your second suggestion somewhere before...

NFSRivalFan wrote:
Omar should increase the polygon limit for cars and the area for stage maker

Alright, now I'm sure I've seen this more than once.

AileronOwl wrote:
Maybe Omar could boost the polygon limit in the car maker and the .mod memory limit in the stage maker?

-Aile

Ah. Wha'd ye know? Anyways, I think there is a slight chance Omar could find a way to implement these features without adding unnecessary lag to the game. After all, Omar is a genius. Right?

-Aile
Back to top Go down
Venomalix
Half Life
Half Life
Venomalix
Number of posts : 1904

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Aug 2014, 4:41 am

NFM needs to have a Version/Edition creator. So it's much more easier and simplistic to make the game how you want it!
Back to top Go down
http://nfmc.forumotion.com
Kaffeinated
Wanderer
Wanderer
Kaffeinated

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Aug 2014, 4:55 am

Zenvonz wrote:
NFM needs to have a Version/Edition creator. So it's much more easier and simplistic to make the game how you want it!

NO

i already made it easy enough (not to boast). you cant make anything worthwhile without putting effort into it.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Ownage Elite
Ownage Elite
Silent
Number of posts : 4165

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Aug 2014, 2:15 pm

The ability to search up a car or stage by its name.
Back to top Go down
Amethyst
Sp3c1al1s3d
Sp3c1al1s3d
Amethyst
Number of posts : 3369

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Aug 2014, 3:42 pm

I might have some ideas. Dunno if anyone agree though.

Basic & Advanced Car Making Option

Basic
-You can create car more easily (like Google Sketch Up) without coding.

Advanced
- Ofc coding Razz

I think this will reduce the amount of code stealer in NFMM, and make their own cars.

-Able to create at least 2/3 games per room. Just to make sure any inpatient player stop spamming 'dc pls, JUST DC, END DIS GAME NAO, etc'

-Increase the car/stage limit increase from 20 to 30/45. It kinda annoying for me to wasted my 2 minutes of my life deleting some of the cars.

-Increase the .mod limit from 250kb to 350kb.

That's all.
Back to top Go down
LeCalisthenicsFan
Psychogenic
Psychogenic
LeCalisthenicsFan
Number of posts : 1573

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Aug 2014, 4:50 pm

Radity wrote:
I might have some ideas. Dunno if anyone agree though.

Basic & Advanced Car Making Option

Basic
-You can create car more easily (like Google Sketch Up) without coding.

Advanced
- Ofc coding Razz

I think this will reduce the amount of code stealer in NFMM, and make their own cars.

-Able to create at least 2/3 games per room. Just to make sure any inpatient player stop spamming 'dc pls, JUST DC, END DIS GAME NAO, etc'

-Increase the car/stage limit increase from 20 to 30/45. It kinda annoying for me to wasted my 2 minutes of my life deleting some of the cars.

-Increase the .mod limit from 250kb to 350kb.

That's all.

I would like the limit to be 400kb to be honest :I
Back to top Go down
Kaffeinated
Wanderer
Wanderer
Kaffeinated

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Aug 2014, 5:50 pm

DradicalX98 wrote:
The ability to search up a car or stage by its name.

yep cannot agree more.
Back to top Go down
Amplifier
True Gamer
True Gamer
Amplifier

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Aug 2014, 7:01 pm

The ability to search up NFMM members, and a REPORT button on profiles.
Back to top Go down
Kaffeinated
Wanderer
Wanderer
Kaffeinated

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Aug 2014, 7:17 pm

800*28 wrote:

reporting is for the moderators to do, not for the members.
Back to top Go down
Amplifier
True Gamer
True Gamer
Amplifier

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Aug 2014, 7:18 pm

Kaffeinated wrote:
800*28 wrote:

reporting is for the moderators to do, not for the members.
Well, what if mods would not see it, huh? Then what?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is NFMM lacking?   What is NFMM lacking? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is NFMM lacking?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top