AIM Games
Welcome to the AIM Forums, the first Forum to ever be dedicated to Need For Madness!

To post a message/topic on the forums, you must REGISTER.

To REGISTER, click on the Button at the bottom of this message, or else at the top of the page. Without a user on these forums, you can only view some forums available to the public.

Have Fun and Feel free to ask/post anything here NFM related, or else just to chat. We have a chat-room at the bottom of this page, for only registered users to chat on though.
AIM Games
Welcome to the AIM Forums, the first Forum to ever be dedicated to Need For Madness!

To post a message/topic on the forums, you must REGISTER.

To REGISTER, click on the Button at the bottom of this message, or else at the top of the page. Without a user on these forums, you can only view some forums available to the public.

Have Fun and Feel free to ask/post anything here NFM related, or else just to chat. We have a chat-room at the bottom of this page, for only registered users to chat on though.
AIM Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official AIM Games Forums

HomeRegisterLog in
Announcements:
HTML has been disabled. I have been kind enough to allow customising of posts, but I guess it's either freedom or no freedom at all.
I am lazy to do Forum Awards this year.

Share | 

NFM Speedrunning

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
AileronOwl
Collector
Collector
AileronOwl
Number of posts : 520

NFM Speedrunning - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFM Speedrunning   NFM Speedrunning - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jan 2023, 10:10 am

It's ridiculous the difference between classic and singleplayer. Wow Caninaro is way easier to waste with and Nimi is much less of a pain to deal with in classic. those 2 things on their own feel like big handicaps over singleplayer even before taking the dumber AI into account, the tiny res is still too much of a headache for me though

sub20 singleplayer
Back to top Go down
hejmedig
Owned Gamer
Owned Gamer
hejmedig
Number of posts : 126

PostSubject: Re: NFM Speedrunning   NFM Speedrunning - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jan 2023, 2:16 pm

GG EZ WR
Back to top Go down
SheppardkillerYT
Amateur
Amateur
SheppardkillerYT
Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: NFM Speedrunning   NFM Speedrunning - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 29 May 2023, 11:10 pm

Might've been 6 years, but hey, y'all missed me yet? Razz

NFM Speedrunning - Page 8 Image10
Back to top Go down
SheppardkillerYT
Amateur
Amateur
SheppardkillerYT

PostSubject: Re: NFM Speedrunning   NFM Speedrunning - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 29 May 2023, 11:56 pm

I just realized that even with the big time losses in Stages 4, 6, and 8 accumulating 45-50 seconds, I was still 40 seconds ahead of World Record until Stage 9 and 10, didn't know they were faster to waste, so the World Record can easily be sub 18, maybe even mid 17 pace with my time. Hell Stage 11 was sub 1, so there's MUCH more room here.

EDIT: Just compared to all of my sum of bests, if I substituted the wasting on Stage 9 and 10 from the world record into my SOB splits, the time goes to a 17:23.42. meaning that sub 19 AND sub 18 (albeit very extreme) could be reached.. holy shit.
Back to top Go down
SheppardkillerYT
Amateur
Amateur
SheppardkillerYT

PostSubject: Re: NFM Speedrunning   NFM Speedrunning - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 30 May 2023, 5:03 am

Oh my god, this pace was fucking insane for stages 1-4, Stage 5 bombed, 6 thru 8 could've been better, and 9/10 were pretty lackluster and average unfortunately, then Stage 11 was just a time waster between bouncing on mounds, clipping the checkpoints, and trying to waste an El King that didn't want to die. World Record is definitely gonna be broken and uh.. I think sub 17 is on the horizon for sum of best.

NFM Speedrunning - Page 8 Image11
Back to top Go down
AileronOwl
Collector
Collector
AileronOwl
Number of posts : 520

PostSubject: Re: NFM Speedrunning   NFM Speedrunning - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Jun 2023, 5:36 am

what happened in that stage 3 dawgy
Back to top Go down
SheppardkillerYT
Amateur
Amateur
SheppardkillerYT

PostSubject: Re: NFM Speedrunning   NFM Speedrunning - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jun 2023, 12:40 pm

I switched to Wow Caninaro like I saw in your run and realized just how much easier it was to waste Lead Oxide vs. Max Revenge. I need to post that record, that was a pace worth watching, the rest of the run went down x.x
Back to top Go down
NfmAddict
Rookie
Rookie
NfmAddict
Number of posts : 176

PostSubject: Re: NFM Speedrunning   NFM Speedrunning - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jun 2023, 12:14 pm

SheppardkillerYT wrote:
I just updated the speedrun page for NFM 1 to include the Classic NFM 1 Race and Waste Only% categories so it's not confusing for some people but for Classic NFM 1 Waste Only% it will be super hard killing all the cars on Grapefruit Power because of the single lap but I've done it before but it's really hard to even do it without Dr. Monstaa. Prepare the rage for that level. XD

yeah ok
Back to top Go down
SheppardkillerYT
Amateur
Amateur
SheppardkillerYT

PostSubject: Re: NFM Speedrunning   NFM Speedrunning - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Jun 2023, 2:38 am

NfmAddict wrote:
SheppardkillerYT wrote:
I just updated the speedrun page for NFM 1 to include the Classic NFM 1 Race and Waste Only% categories so it's not confusing for some people but for Classic NFM 1 Waste Only% it will be super hard killing all the cars on Grapefruit Power because of the single lap but I've done it before but it's really hard to even do it without Dr. Monstaa. Prepare the rage for that level. XD

yeah ok

??? Did it seriously take you 6 years to respond to that?
Back to top Go down
Jiggnfm
Hidden Agenda
Hidden Agenda
Jiggnfm
Number of posts : 10256

PostSubject: Re: NFM Speedrunning   NFM Speedrunning - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 06 Jul 2023, 7:51 pm

It'll be interesting how a TAS (tool assisted speedrun) would fare...

Although that means building one... Razz
Back to top Go down
http://streetblunt954.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFM Speedrunning   NFM Speedrunning - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NFM Speedrunning

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AIM Games :: Need For Madness :: NFM Discussion :: Activities! :: Challenges!-